BPAL Madness!

Whip leather, cardamom, patchouli, and bourbon.

I was so excited to try this after years of dreaming of a spicy, creamy, leathery blend so I recently bought a bottle on the forum. I love the Lab's leather note and am beyond disappointed that I can't detect any leather in Spanked! Instead, I got dusty cinnamon. So much cinnamon in fact, that it made my skin burn and and after washing it off my skin is all dried out and irritated on the place where I put the oil. I thought about keeping this and seeing if maybe I like it after it ages, but Spanked is likely headed off to swaps...

I am going through my stash and retesting now that my daughter is 3 and my nose has changed considerably. However, it doesn't appear as though I ever reviewed this one! I don't know how it slipped through the net, but here goes. In the imp it smells like sour patchouli, I don't know how old this is so I wonder if it has turned. Only testing a tiny bit based on that sniff! It smells really fake, like a new plastic toy. A bit of cinnamon comes through as it starts to dry, making my mouth water. It's starting to smell like Big Red chewing gum or Atomic Fireballs, yum! I mean "yum" in an, "I want to eat it" way, not a wearing way! Not one I will wear again, but I enjoyed testing it!

The patchouli and cardamom are what come through strongest, only the cardamom smells like cinnamon instead of cardamom, sadly. This smells like Christmas. Sexy Christmas! Christmas sex? I don't know. I want it as a room scent, and if the Post releases this as an atmo again, I am all over it, but I don't think I want to wear it, I like Sin better. I think the bourbon in this is what turns it into Christmas tart burner. Or something.

Spanked Revisited is my sex goddess comfort scent. Cardamom is my favorite spice note, and it's beautiful here, blending with the leather. At first, that's it, cardamom and leather, and frankly, that's enough, I would love it at that. But then the husky bourbon comes in, just sweetening things up in a very sexy way, plus a hint of patch as kind of a backbone. So it's warm and snuggly and makes me feel at ease in my own skin, and from that ease comes sensual confidence.

The throw is very low on me, so this isn't a Snake Oil that announces your goddesshood to the rest of the world, but it means that I can wear this absolutely anywhere and channel my inner Astarte without overpowering anyone else in the room. It doesn't last as long as I like, but now that I have a bottle and not just half a stingily hoarded decant, I can douse myself and reapply at will. I absolutely love this one.