BPAL Madness!
ljaylh

Snake Oil Extrait prototype spray

So as a hard core Snake Oil fan, it was kind of a no-brainer that I was going to love this :)

In the spray bottle, it's a caramel colour - it looks just like Snake Oil but the consistency is far more liquid. When I first spritzed it on my arm, the waft of alcohol was strong and a bit sharp - I could smell the SO, but the waft of alcohol was a bit overwhelming. It took about 10 minutes for that to disappear, it gradually got less and less alcohol-smelly until eventually it was completely gone and now I can't smell any alcohol note in there at all.

Now what I have on my arm is the Snake Oil smell that I know and love. It's not as intense as a slather of the actual oil would be - it's a bit more soft and mellow, but definitely the same fragrance. I'm finding that the muskiness and spices are more dominant in this spray version, where the vanilla is a major player on my skin with the oil, so that's probably the only real difference I can tell apart from the spray being more soft/mellow as I mentioned before.

I think the advantage of the spray over the oil is that it allows me to spritz a mist of it over more skin area rather than having to do the dab-dab thing in various places. I just did a spritz in the air and walked through it, so it's landed in my hair and on my shoulders, arms and chest which leaves me walking around in a little cloud of delicious Snake Oil fragrance! And bonus.. what didn't land on me has gone on to the floor so that my loungeroom also smells of Snake Oil :D

If you love Snake Oil, I would highly recommend you try to track this one down - it's definitely worth a try. And if you're one of those people who find Snake Oil a bit overwhelming, this spray might suit you better as it's less intense. I love it, and would definitely buy some if it ever becomes available :thumbsup: