BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
jizatt

Mommy Fortuna

Honey, gunpowder, and pleonectic, twopenny magics.

Aged imp from 2010 horn set.

In 2010: the lab's honey note is all over the place... This is not the high, sweet note from Athens. This is a low, dirty note. Perhaps that's the "two penny magics". During drydown a sharp, zinc-like smell makes an appearance. Makes me think of unused flintlock pistols rather than gunpowder. Surprisingly wearable, if you can tolerate metallics. Perfect for something like a Renaissance fair.

Will update for 2012.

In the bottle - Honey and something a bit nutty and an almost aftersmell of metallic dust

Wet on me - A sweet, rich almost medicinal smelling honey

Dry on me - A soft sweet slightly floral honey

Overall - Whilst honey is one of my favourite notes, I like this almost by default, I would have liked some more from the gun powder or that nutty note that I smelt in the bottle

In the Imp (ITI): This reminds me of some of the Phoenix Steamwork scents. It smells like bronze, oil, ozone, and honey.

Wet: It's very similar to the ITI scent, but the honey is turning to fake, artificial honey on my skin. I'm now getting a little gunpowder over the heavy metal and ozone notes, but less so with the oil I originally smelled.

Dry: Whoa, now the gunpowder is the most dominate note, followed by the bronzed metal and a touch of honey. It reminds me of Roman armor.

This is one of my favorite smells. Honey laden with a musky pollen, dry sandalwood, and a bit of acrid high notes which mellow into a dusky twighlit raspy honey. I only wich some of the other Last Unicorn scents were so evocative or true to the book

Edited by somacat

i have no idea what this smells like to me- i can't pick out any notes. i used to work at a gun range, so i'm very familiar with the smell of gunpowder, and i can't really smell it. which is disappointing, because that's the primary reason i got this.

i do still like it, however. i would say that it smells like magic. maybe a little bit woodsy. also probably a little bit of dragons blood and/or musk. i just wish i would get the metallic or gunpowder that everyone else seems to have gotten :/

In the imp: Sweet, sweet wildflower honey.

Wet on my skin: Same as in the bottle, but with a faintly smoky note.

Dry: Sweet wildflower honey and a tinge of fresh, coppery blood. As a former EMT, the latter is something I smelled quite often, and that's what this smells like to my nose. That being said, the mixture is not at all unpleasant. It clings fairly close to my skin, and would be something I might wear when expecting a passionate interlude. It's a visceral and indulgent sort of scent to me, appealing to the baser instincts of hunger and bloodlust.

As it wears on me, this sweetens a little further also takes on a dry, powdery note.

Predominantly honey, with hints of smokiness and metal, and with something that smells like dry grasses. A sweet, mellow scent, very pretty. Summery, but the end of summer as it turns to Fall.

I adore honey scents, and was excited to get to swap for this bottle.

Wet: Interesting! I am not that familiar with gunpowder, but I am getting a smoky, woody vibe from this that I assume is gunpowder. Also, something akin to menthol, which I am assuming is the "magic". Really does a good job of keeping the honey from being too sweet and cloying. This is a really light scent so far, and I do actually wish the honey was a bit stronger on me.

Dry: Hmm. It's sweet, but not REALLY identifiable as honey. Hints of metal and wood and herbs. Interesting. I don't care for some of its phases, but I like it now after at least half an hour. It's such a light scent though, no real throw to speak of, and I'm not sure how long it'll last at the rate it's fading. I may pass this on to someone who might love it better, but I am also considering keeping it for sentiment, since who knows if TLU collection will ever come back.

Sign in to follow this