BPAL Madness!

There are two types of vampires that humans, and often other vampires, need to be wary of: the Interfectors and the Tombeur. The Interfectors are ruthless killers, ultimate hunters who view humans as livestock. They are brutal, but not necessarily cruel, and rarely toy with their prey. Universally, Interfectors perceive their transition into the vampiric state to be an initiation into a higher state of being, not transcendent or spiritual in nature, but rather a promotion to the top of the food chain.

Ruthless, unfeeling, and inhumanly violent: tobacco, sharp woods, frankincense, and bunn.

In the Bottle: Somehow, it managed to be both sweet and sharp at the same time! Woody tobacco. Like inhaling the inside of a gorgeous, high-end cigar box. *huffs* Ahhhh.

Wet: Instantly hit with the woods and the frankincense. Like I said earlier, it's both sharply woody, yet very sweet and resinous. Slight hint of tobacco (but I'm a huge lover of tobacco notes so I wouldn't have been upset w/ more tobacco magtongue.gif).

Drydown: Still a dry and sweet woody resinous blend. I have no clue what "bunn" is, but it wouldn't surprise me if it added more sweetness.

Verdict: This is a lovely blend, but ultimately one I wouldn't wear as a perfume. If some strange thing happened and wooden cigar boxes all vanished from the Earth, I would love to have this blend to huff.

Tobacco ground in the bottom, not like the other Lab tobacco notes, woods...strangely, don't get frankincense. There is a something reminiscent of slightly acrid smoke and some spices, but I don't mind it. Really like this, but sadly it leans a little too far into the masculine side of things for me to wear it often, if ever. Also, throw is just three or so inches on me.

At first, I smell the woods, but they are soft this time, not super manly as woods tend to go on me. These are sweet smelling woods, like being deep in the forest after it rains. Underneath that I smell tobacco, sweet, earthy tobacco. It's a very comforting, sweet, almost foodie scent. Medium throw, stays true once dry and does not morph.

In bottle: Sharp, strong, a tad smoky. The frankincense is quite strong with the woods providing lots of support. The tobacco is present but more retired. I have no clue what bunn is, but I’m guessing it’s that fascinating pungent thing, hinting at malevolence. It fits it’s description well, I think. The frankincense has teeth and the bunn suggests something old and dangerous. It is a masculine scent, definitely more cologne than perfume in affect. Wet: My skin eats it, rather to my surprise. It’s delicate cologne with a wood base and the bite of frankincense, and a hint of something sweet and dry. Wait a bit and the tobacco/bun slinks out of hiding, doing some quite lovely things with the wood. As it continues to warm, the elements recover and embolden. It’s more balanced on my skin and vaguely aquatic, though in a way that’s hard to define. It is tamer now, a drawing room tiger rather than a hunter in dark alleys. The frankincense nibbles sensually rather than bites hard. The incense and wood hints at the Crowley crowd rather than sudden death. Dry: Glorious. It’s this pleasingly androgynous blend of the elements. The bunn and wood and frankincense and tobacco all slur together into something uniquely lovely, with a healthy throw. I think this is my favorite frankincense blend. It can be an awkward scent, and doesn’t always play well with others, but here it has the perfect playmates. I’m wondering if one of the woods is cedar as this is reminding me vaguely of tombstone.

Interfector - This opens up with an overwhelming sweetness that reminds me of caramel or brown sugar. It's not a type of sweetness I like at all. After a few minutes, I find it so utterly nauseating, that I have to go wash it off...however, after washing, the sweetness is gone, but the rest of the scent is still present, and it's gorgeous! It's definitely woody and tobaccoey with the faintest hint of frankincese's huskiness. It comes across as predominantly masculine, but I can see how many woman would enjoy it, as well. If I could get this post-washing scent from this blend from the beginning, without the cloying sweetness (bunn, is that you?), I would wear it regularly in a heartbeat. It's warm and lovely.

When I first applied this, it was overwhelmingly tobacco-very strong with the frankincense coming in a close second. The frankincense starts out pretty strong on me but mellows almost immediately into a much softer musky dried incense scent. Over the course of half an hour, the tobacco and frankincense meld together perfectly, soften and join with the wood and bunn and turn slightly sweet on me. I am pleasantly surprised with this scent and out of the few I have purchased so far, it is my favorite.

This actually smells like honey on me. Sweet...sticky honey with hints of frankicense. Maybe its the bunn? :eek: Either way its very disconcerting. This is what I imagine Edward would smell like from the Twilight series. Sweet, sticky..with hints of frankincense.

In the bottle, I can smell frankincense and wood and something...other...

On my skin, wet, I get the tobacco. YUMMY! Then some very sharp wood...still yummy, and a bit incensy. This wood ***smirk*** is intriguing. And is there some herb, some other sharp thing sitting beside the wood? It smells--and this is a good thing--of my grandma Babe's inhaler. Is this the bunn? Ah! But as soon as I say that, the note steps back inside the blend and the Blend gets a capital B. Yummy, again!

In drydown, I agree with devilot that it's like a cigar box. A nice, loud, cedar cigar box (with a chunk of frankincense in the corner)! After it's been dry for a bit, it sweetens just a little. OMG swoon! I LOVE INTERFECTOR!!!

This is an absolutely wonderful scent. Makes me feel like vampfood.:twisted:

P.S. What. Is. BUUUNNNNN?!?:lol: I found bunn feet for table legs listed on a woodturning site. They said bunn is a species of pine. Maybe that's my mystery note in Interfector...B)

Wet: Sharp, sweet tobacco with a woodsy background. Mmm, cigar shop.

Drydown: Super sweet for the drydown, eventually it mellows to a nice honeyed tobacco.

Dry: Warm, soft tobacco. Slightly smoky as well.

Overall: Very nice feel. Reminiscent of Fledgling Raptor Moon, but less fluffy.

This scent is really strong, and I like that. It feels very woodsy - more like dry bark or dry spices than a forest or anything green. On my skin this almost goes to scented candle territory because it is so strong, woody and suddenly sweet - like a pile of dried wood shavings with brown sugar and maybe hazelnuts sprinkled on top. This lasts and lasts on my skin. The color feeling is shades brown. The seasonal feeling is autumn, particularly Halloween-ish time. I can't wait to wear this when the trees are bare and the skies are stormy.

MMMmmmmm :D

Definitely sharp AND sweet. My boyfriend's initial reaction was "brown sugar" and I have to agree. You're first hit with the sweetness, but then you realize it's spicy and high pitched with strong expensive tobacco and a faint resinous tinge you have to search for.

It strikes me as a "loud" blend-- it stays very biting (ha :huh?:) on me throughout it's wearing.. but if you like the smell (as I definitely do) that's a good thing. This is the one that struck me first when I was sniffing my VILF decants; I need to apply this to skin now! Will probably become a bottle :)

Wet, this is sweet tobacco with smoky, sharp woods. A few moments later, this is not as sharp, but still a 'baked' wood with tobacco, if that makes any sense. This is quite reminiscent of Wood Phoenix at this stage, though this is more aggressive and tobacco-y. Half an hour in, and this blend blooms into something truly wonderful. The tobacco is sweet, masculine, dangerous and with a touch of wood. I adore this blend, but really can't see myself wearing it, as it is just too masculine. This would smell amazing on the right guy, perhaps a dangerous vampire or a brooding, quiet type who undresses you with his eyes, yeah. Definitely keeping the imp, maybe bottle purchase in the future.

When I first got my package o' vamps, Interfector was my favorite as I went through the bottles, which surprised me, because I usually don't like tobacco, smoke, or anything described as 'sharp.' I think that this smells warm, sultry, sweet, and slightly smoky, with a background of something like smooth lavender cologne. It reminds me of Violette Market's Vamp Lounge scent, but more wearable and gentle, and with something soft and cologne-like added in.

This is actually fantastic on me. I don't think that it's sharp at all. I get a warm, sweet tobacco and what smells like a hint of lavender cologne, but it's very rich and sensual and makes me think of fragrant logs roasting away in a fireplace, without smelling really smoky or woodsy exactly. It's a delicious, sweet, sexy kind of smoky.

I love this one (it has a beautiful sweetness and warmth to it), and I could see this being equally wonderful on a male or female. I'm going to be wearing this a lot, especially during the fall months.

Ok, I have no idea what's doing this here but something is going REALLY sweet on my skin. Almost brown-sugary. I can detect the tobacco and frankincense here, but this is almost cloying. Yeah, this is not for me.

In the bottle: Smoky-sweet. Almost burnt caramel.

Wet: The sweetness seems split into a sweet floral up top and a sharper sweetness underneath. And still smoky, or smoked, rather. Imagine a glazed smoked ham, minus the ham. (that made sense in my head, I swear)

Dry down: Still a floral top note running through, but most of the sweetness has resolved into a lovely pipe tobacco. And the woods are there too now. Others have mentioned cigar boxes, and I can see that. Maybe rosewood.

Dry: I only get frankincense from time to time, and from a distance, not if I sniff up close. The rest is very steady, not morphing from the way it smelled as it dried.

Overall: This is warm, solid, cozy to me. Like curling up in an oversized leather chair (that no longer smells of leather) in a study with a fireplace. Maybe taking a nap. I don't get brutal or ruthless from this, and I'm okay with that.

Impressions: A rosewood pipe as it cools. Color of cognac. Rounded and smooth.

This is kind of a generic man smell to me. Musky and sweet and not at all good. Kind of like the perfumey version of sweaty man. eeech.

This whole series has been a major bust for me.

Source: Decant

In the decant: deep tobacco, like a cigar

Wet: This is sweet, sweet, sweet. Lots of google can't tell me what "bunn" is, but I'm getting tobacco with brown sugar and incensey frankincense undertones when I huff deeply. It's not quite what I expected. I don't really get a wood note. It almost smells like a spicy baked good - I think the sugar is causing me to interpret the tobacco as cinnamon. It's so strong it gives a Yankee Candle sort of vibe, if Yankee Candle made a Brown Sugar & Pipe Tobacco candle. (If they did, I would buy it, probably.)

Dry: It's just...so...sweet. For so long. I think I would love this if it wasn't quite so sharply, nostril-stabbingly sweet at application. It does wear off on drydown, but it takes a long time to get to tobacco & frankincense holding hands and skipping merrily through a field together.

I like the long-term effect enough to keep the decant, but I don't need a bottle. I'm going to experiment with application with this.

In The Bottle

Definitely a flavoured tobacco and something vaguely sweet

On Application

Gorgeous, first up. Strong tobacco and dry woods.

Dry Down

I really love this. It kind of reminds me of a sawmill and tobacco. Seems to stay fairly true thoughout the drydown. This is so very different from any other BPAL scent I have tried that I am mildly surprised. I absolutely must have this.

Rating (0-5)

Wow! In the vial, it's sharp deep tobacco. Familiar tobacco. But there's something else....

On my skin, the heavy tobacco jumps out right away. Just as suddenly it calms down a bit & something sweet blends with it. Drying down, it gets sweeter, almost a foody sort of sweet. Must be the bunn (a type of taro). The waft from my arms is sweet, but in a slightly evil & dirty way. In my mind, this scent is the color of milky tea, but a touch more golden. I imagine it as being a 'soft' scent, but it still clings to me after a shower.

I like it and will definitely wear it!

This is super sweet tobacco and frankincense on my skin. It's actually too sweet for my taste. I get a bit of the wood note on dry down, but I wouldn't call it a sharp note.

FRANKINCENSE. This is warm, golden frankincense with a touch of smoke. Not my type, but if you can handle, great!

In the bottle Interfector smells like something you'd mix with oil paints; strong and sharp and resinous. The oil is thin and clear and sinks into my skin, where it blooms suddenly to a bright sweetness that hangs over a sharp woody base with a tobacco patina. Over time the sweetness softens and settles into the rest of the scents while the frankincense comes up and twinkles.

I am surrounded by a scent that stamps itself on the air as a distinctive and self-contained presence. It is as if I have generated a gentlemanly Edwardian doppelganger. Ah yes, it's good to be the apex predator.

LOVE this one! Sage woody smell with the frankincense and the bunn seems to add just enough sweetness to it to keep it from getting too sappy.. Reminds me of a fabulous day spent hiking near Santa Fe, NM. I'll be buying a bottle of this for sure.I don't get the cigar box smell that others have had at all. Just a beautiful fabulous scent.

Edited by Truelove

Sniffed: Ooohh, this is very dark and intense. Woody, dry and gritty, with a touch of sweetness.

On skin: Interfector is all black, heavy woods made nutty and gritty with tobacco. I can't pick out frankincense for all the dark woodiness; not sure what bunn is, but it must be laying on that deep sweetness. Overall, this is a thick, aggressive, fiercely dark blend without any subtlety or warmth (or sharpness, for that matter), and it remains much the same after drydown.

Verdict: Mixed feelings. There's something attractive about the the woods-and-tobacco combination in Interfector. But the blend really matches its namesake: it's truly unfriendly, unsubtle and overwhelming. I think this would be really attractive on a man, but it's way too intense and bluntly masculine for me to enjoy wearing it. Pity. Even so, I admire how Beth has captured the character of the Interfector in scent. I've been quite impressed at how well the Vampire blends fit their namesakes, and this one is no different!

Huh, interesting scent! Kinda sweet and smokey with a hint of.... herbal/wood? To me, this would smell amazing on the right man! It is just kind of seductive.

Definitely not a scent for my skin though.