BPAL Madness!

Grave beauty: Spanish moss, lilac, wisteria, myrrh, and olibanum.

Decant from azurephoenix' circle. I'm finally getting to try out the rest of this line of scents besides my long-beloved Tombeur.

I love Beth's "graveyard" scents, and they are usually the only florals I really like, so I have high hopes for Silenti. On initial application, I smell the olibanum, which doesn't surprise me since I amp frankincense. But it is not harsh or overpowering, and immediately after application the moss and florals come forward. Upon drydown, the myrrh is present. This is just lovely, a soft resinous floral with hints of spring as well as the grave, but without the dirt note. I can see a bottle of this added to my future purchases!

I smelled this without knowing what was in it, and I was sniffing pretty hard and couldn't place the notes. I was having a hard time guessing what's in it. After I looked at the notes I thought, "Oh. Yes. Lilac. Now I smell it." The olibanum is behaving itself, which is super rare for me. This is a very nice dry, only slightly mossy, smoky floral. I like it. It's pretty. Not in-your-face at all. Definitely a night-time scent, for me. Not a day scent.