BPAL Madness!
CiaoBonefish

Scent Recs based on your PERSONALITY!

Hello. I've known about bpal for several years but have never tried any scents. There are so many it's very overwhelming!

Here's my attempt at some recommendations:

Blueberry Picking: Sun-warmed, slightly squishy blueberries plus overgrown grass, overgrown honeysuckle, overgrown lavender, overgrown lemon verbena, and a smattering of un-pulled weeds.
Butter Rum Cookie: Rum-soaked brown butter cookies, crusted with sugar, soaked in almond and garnished with orange rind and pummeled pecans.
The Haunted Beach: Pale, moonlit musk, sea salt, and ambergris.
Mouse Circus: A toodle oodle of pink cotton candy noses, vanilla spun sugar fur, scattered kernels of popcorn, and a touch of polished golden wood.
New Orleans: Reminiscent of hothouse blooms on a humid night, ripe, but touched with decay. Sweet honeysuckle and jasmine with a hint of lemon and spice.
Plunder: The scent of a pirate's bumboat, overflowing with stolen wares: tea leaf, cassia, cinnamon bark, clove, allspice, sandalwood, tobacco, peppercorn, and nutmeg.
Waiting: Lilith at the window, waiting for her father. Raindrops and asphalt, lavender, pale musk, and white oudh. (Because rain-wet pavement is the best I-love-and-miss-the-city smell I can think of.)

Here's my attempt at some recommendations:

/quote]

These all sound great. I've only heard of a couple of these, so it was nice to see/read about new to me ones. You really did a wonderful job recommending based on my post. I've spent these last few days reading reviews on all of them and have decided to get them all, someway somehow. Thanks so much!

Edit: I really don't know how I messed that quote up but I'm blaming my mobile device :D

Edited by Toast

I'm not new to BPAL by any means, but I'm looking to try some more obscure scents that would fit my look/personality!

I'm female, 19 years old, originally from Vancouver, Canada, and currently studying Finance/Business Analytics (with a minor in French) in Philadelphia. I'm planning to work in equity research or investment banking in NYC after graduating, but my dream is to get a finance-related job in the fashion industry someday. I'm a textbook ENTP, and my astrological signs are Leo sun, Aries moon, and Scorpio rising.

I'm 5'6, have a very waiflike figure, delicate features, grey-blue eyes, and long blonde hair. My favorite colors are black, grey, pink, and blue. My style is quite Scandinavian, minimalist, and chic, and I own way too many turtlenecks. I love very feminine and pretty things but I'm an '80s/'90s goth kid at heart (see username). I also love exploring nature, yoga, skiing, and being in the water. I knit when I'm stressed.

A lot of people tell me that I seem cold and intimidating at first glance - I have a really bad case of resting bitch face. I'm definitely an extrovert, but I tend to be a little more reserved in larger groups or when meeting people for the first time. I'm quite competitive and ambitious, but too down-to-earth to be a typical "Type A". My friends usually describe me as hilarious, easygoing, and very loyal. I love to go out and party, but I have chronic fatigue due to a few autoimmune disorders, so I'm very big on self-care.

BPAL-wise, I love youthful, fresh, feminine scents that aren't too mature or floral. Aquatics and unisex blends also work very well on me. I'm not too keen on anything oriental or "warm". My top 5 right now would probably be Blossoming Vulva, Skadi, In The Wild North, Talvikuu, and Blood Popsicle.

I'm so curious to see what you guys make of me :P