BPAL Madness!
ipb

Hunger

Evokes sheer, unadulterated carnal lust. An undeniably warm and sensual scent. Black narcissus, orange blossoms, and vanilla.

In the bottle:

Very resiny...amberish. It's true to its color.

Wet:

Hmm, narcissus smells very similar to lotus to me. Heavy, resiny floral. I can barely detect the vanilla in this one and the orange is merely an afterthought. It almost smells like there is cinnamon or clove in there.

Dry:

Still very thick, but the orange is more noticeable. It's a very spicey orange, like potpourri orange slices. Still no vanilla unfortunately. The overall scent is still very thick and resinous. It smells similar to The World and some of the Blood scents.

Overall:

The narcissus killed it for me. Otherwise I think I would have gotten along quite well with this.

Hunger is lovely, sweet and spice. I get mostly spice from it, but it's not a dry spice; the orange blossom and vanilla mellow it out. It reminds me of Oscar de la Renta in the oriental floral-ness. Overall, it's very sexy and wearable and after using up half the imp I ordered a bottle.

I don't like orange blossom, so I didn't care for this one too much. It slithered too much. I agree with the creamsicle description, it was like a sex-crazed creamsicle. The vanilla makes it feel like it it's sitting in a poofy layer over the skin.

I'd totally recommend it to anyone who likes orange blossom, though.

I expected something sweeter from the reviews and ingredients in this blend. Wet and in the bottle, this is very strong and sharp to me--almost patchouli-like. I'm guessing that's the black narcissus? On, it mellows into a nice orange blend. I wish I got more vanilla from this. I'll bet this is one that gets better with age--I think I'll try it again in a few months and see how it's developed. :P

First sniff from the bottle- At first sniff this came off as very bitter like vetiver. Is that the narcissus?

After 10 minutes- The bitterness is gone and has been replaced with a warm vanilla wrapped in orange peels scent. It's a bitter orange, not a sweet orange.

After 30 minutes- This still smells of bitter orange but the vanilla undertones have sweetened up making this quite lovely.

Summery- I would like this better if it did smell like creamsicles. I think it is the narcissus in it that has made it too bitter for my taste.

Just out of the bottle this is very sharp oranges on me with a slight undertone of vanilla. I don't smell any of the narcissus (although to be honest I have no idea what a narcissus smells like :P ). As this dries down the vanilla comes to the top and it really mellows out. I like it - vanilla with a bit of spice and a hint of orange.

On me, Hunger is a deep, dark smell. Maybe that's the black narcissus. However, I don't get the vanilla or the orange blossoms -- instead, the scent stays dark. It actually almost smells like patchouli, even though I know there isn't patchouli in it.

wet:creamy, orange lovely!

dry: it gets very smoky, but still retains the vanilla, w/ a hint of orange.

this is intresting

In the bottle-very citrus-sweet but sharp.

On my skin-vanilla and orange tic-tacs from beginning to end.

Unfortunately, orange tic-tacs are synonymous with church services for me (I’d dig in my grandma’s purse for ‘em to kill time) so I don’t think I want to smell like them.

Wet it's vanilla and narcisus with a touch of orange blossom.

It reminds me Snake Oil... (and I hate it).

Dry vanilla goes stronger but after a while all the scent turns softer and matches the skin with a warm feeling. This is the moment of the orange blossom to show up, along with the other notes.

I don't think I like this one. It smells like Snake Oil on a rampage and the vanilla is really VANILLA on me. Yup, it is a lot like Snake Oil except way too strong for me and the sweetness of the orange and the scent of vanilla gives me a headrush...I can't see myself wearing this, even once in a while.

This started off smelling of chocolate oranges, which meant that I was very excited, sadly it then turned soapy. It ended up a very delicate floral orange, a bit too pretty for me I think.

LOVE it!!

Wet~strong orange but not sweet really. More of a tangy orange, which is good :D

Dry down~hint of vanilla and black narcissus with the orange floating around.

After wearing for 15 mins +, purrrrfect blend of each. A very rich, decadent scent, imo. Fades after 2-3 or so hours *cry*. Okay not completely but I want it to stay forever, heh.

MUST get more asap!! :P

Origin - part of an imp lot bought off of eBay

Preconceived notions - I love orange blossom, it's one of my favorite scents. I like vanilla too, but the reviews on the BPAL board likening this to a 50/50 bar made me worry that this would be too sweet for me.

Wet - a dark, sweet, 50/50 bar!

Dry - what I assume to be the back narcissus comes out. I think this must be an ingredient in Snake Oil, beceause it smells similar. The orange blossom is still there, but now it's overpowered by spicy vanilla. I think I really like this a lot, but as time passes it starts smelling more and more like Snake Oil, and the problem with that is, the vanilla in Snake Oil smells very plasticy on me. The longer I wear this the less I like it. Oh well, it was a beautiful thing there for a little while.

On the wickedgoddes scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being the best, this rates a 3.

Edited by wickedgoddess

This was a freebie from the Lab.

In the imp: Whoa! This is dark and strong. I don't get the cream and orange blossoms at all. O_O

Wet: Since I'm pretty familiar with vanilla and orange blossoms, I can only assume that's the narcissus I'm smelling. I don't think it likes me very much.

Drydown: Okay, the narcissus settles down on my skin so the vanilla and orange blossoms come out more. It's a nice blend, but the narcissus isn't sitting well with me for some reason.

Final thoughts: The narcissus doesn't work for me. It's a little too sharp on me. I think I'll stick with my cozy Jezebel.

I don't get loads of orange blossom, but I love what I *do* get: the down-dirty, dark vanilla. I do enjoy this oil. I see the similarity to Snake Oil but enjoy it for its own sake. Long-lasting, good sillage, positive comments. What more could you ask for?

I couldn't even try this one on. It gave me an instant headache. I am pretty sure that it is the Black narcissus, because I've worn the other notes and they've been fine on me.

My mom has Hunger, which I shamelessly slather myself in when I'm at home. I love it because I'm not a citrus kind of nose, but this isn't a straightforward fruit. I love the color first of all, and the thickness, and when I wear it it becomes this rich golden chorus of warm notes that stays very true. Mandarin-y goodness grounded with the amber-like warmth of the black narcissus/vanilla combo. Very very nice, reminds me of summertime at the folks'.

Oh yum. That was the first thought.

The narcissus was the predominant note on me, with a hint of orange, and a bit more vanilla. As time passed, they seemed to switch, with the narcissus fading and the orange/vanilla strengthening. Somewhere in the mix, a bit of amber appeared and it was another bit of yumminess.

Lovely scent!

The orange blossom does not add "orange", rather a slightly sweet scent with a bitter under note. As mentioned by a few others Hunger did remind me of Snake Oil a good deal. Both have a creamy vanilla quality which after a few minutes is cut with an inscency note. From the scent description though I am not sure what that is from, perhaps just my body chemistry though a few others say that they smell something similar.

In the imp: Very heavy and langourous, almost incensey, with a hint of orange.

Wet on skin: Creamsicle! The orange and vanilla just jump out and take over.

After half an hour: The narcissus joins the party, making sure that this is an Evil Creamsicle scent, not a wholesome juicy one. At first whiff, it actually reminded me of patchouli, but it started to become more floral.

Drydown: Although the narcissus is definitely NOT patchouli-like now, Hunger is reminding me a lot of Ravenous; I'll have to try them on successive days and see which I like better. The drydown is VERY similar, with alternating wafts of heady sexiness and a powdery orange, almost baby-aspirin note.

Not sure about staying power... it's been on about four hours now, and I can't really smell it much any more - but every time I think it's disappeared, I'll get a random waft of it.

Definitely like it, but Ravenous might have a slight edge for me.

Rating (on skin): 5/5

Summarised in a word or two: Orange Snake Oil.

In the imp/bottle: Orange Snake Oil!

On skin, wet: Warm spices, vanilla and orange blossom. Sweet and spicy and beautiful.

On skin, dry: I love the way my skin amps spices in some blends, as it does with Hunger. Spicy orange blossom. Lovely.

Conclusion: I love Snake Oil and I love orange, so I love this.

Edited by Aredhel

I received this one as a free imp in my last order. THANKS LAB :P It has some of my favourite notes, namely orange blossom and vanilla. When I sniffed it in the imp, I honestly wasn't that impressed because it just smelled like hair grease, seriously (you know the store bought kind - meaning it's kinda sweet yet slightly smoky). But when I put it on, I couldn't stop smelling myself. This scent is sexy in an understated way. On me, I think it is mostly orange blossom and black narcissus. I couldn't wear it everyday though, I can't put my finger on why, but there is something about it that I would not like to smell everyday (I am no help, I know). But I am going to keep an imp of it on hand for weekend outings because I think it would be a good scent for that. I should also add that it has LOTS of staying power. I put it on around 6:30 in the AM and it was still going strong by 9 PM.

Holy dark orange, Batman! Dark, sweet spice, reminiscent of Snake Oil or Black Phoenix. A bit dangerous for mixed company. This is everything I expected Snake Oil to be, but that it didn't quite manage.

Hunger was a frimp from the lab that I'd been curious about, so I was glad to get it.

On me, at first, it's a sweet creamy orange blossom/narcissus, then the vanilla comes out more strongly as it dries. The vanilla is like the vanilla in Snake Oil, so this ends up almost like a floral Snake Oil (as others have said, looking at reviews now).

It's nice, but ehh...I prefer Jezebel for a sexy sweet orange blossom scent, and I like Snake Oil by itself.