BPAL Madness!
fairnymph

Alley of Games

Rich golden oil. Fresh, but also sharp, and very manly. A bit cologney but with lots of intense, dark and smoky vetiver. Maybe some leather lurking...and definitely some metal - that same 'steel' note from the Bloody Sword. This has some spice to it, too. Overall complex and intriguing being both cologney/bright/fresh and dark/spicy/smoky.

Vetiver galore, definitely in command - possibly two types of vetiver, the slightly soapy, light, cologney sort and the dark, smoky, gritty Brimstone/Djinn sort. There's also a bright white-green, slightly sharp floral that I'm almost positive is jonquil, and I think there is a little narcissus here, too. Also, some sweet and fruity that really helps balance this blend - papaya? Or green mango? It's slightly tart, and seem sort of tropical or exotic - I know for sure I've smelled this in another BPAL blend. This somehow reminds me of Green Phoenix and that could be why.

The fruit is really amping on me, sweet and tart but also oddly bitter, in a good way, like its not fully ripe, still green, and with pith and peel - the whole fruit - I suspect multiple fruits because I also get more intense fruity sweetness - kiwi, maybe? And now I'm getting a sort of raspberry note, a little plastic or artificial, like it's blue raspberry slushy - then again raspberry is often plastic on my skin. The vetiver has lightened a lot but there's still a tremendous dark depth to this scent, and while also lighter, I still get the steel note.

Definitely kiwi - I'm reminded of That! The Terror...but this is sweeter, riper - ah, it's MELON! I'm pretty decided on the papaya. The candied, almost dusky sort of fruit blend overall reminds me a bit of Candy Phoenix, too. This is going musky one me, and it's green musk, and overall this scent is beginning to remind me of I Married a Vampire from Planet X. A strong clove note is amping on me. Vetiver has faded further, but there's still some grit and smoke.

Green musk and something that's gone a bit powdery - maybe some black musk as well, or some black amber. Still lots of sweet, exotic fruit - kiwi and papaya and MELON and I still think raspberry - and the fake plasticky artificial, syrupy edge increases over time, much like how Candy Phoenix dries down on me. The clove remains strong, adding to the sharpness of the plastic, but it doesn't amp after its initial emergence. Vetiver and steel remain dark, masculine elements in the background, but this really becomes all about the musky fruit - a total morpher.

Not quite my style, but an impressive evolution that I think will vary greatly depending on individual skin chemistry with the potential for great yumminess. :ninja:

This smells very fresh, there's a green type fruit in here, I'm getting something watery (not "aquatic" though), and also a little vanilla and sandalwood. It reminds me a little bit of a creamier, sweeter and fruitier Host of the Air. As it settles on my skin I start immediately amping a lot of smokiness, which I think is incense. .and now it's reminding me of Devil's Night 09'. It settles into sugary, slightly foody, creamy incense with fruitiness and what smells to me like grass. Very interesting...

I don't usually like these type of scents but this is really nice! Amazing throw and longevity!

Definitely fruity. On first impression, I thought pineapple. In some ways, this reminds me to Carnaval Diabolique, but its got a mix of Stormclouds over the Midway. There was a smoky overall to it (and yes possibly vetiver, but more along the lines of the 'plum-colored incense smoke'), because to me it was green smoky fruity (pineapple), esp. on wet.

As it dries, I get a stronger fruit note which I think maybe either melon or papaya, since it smells more 'exotic' than melon and less sweet. A hint of musk and/or amber. There is a sharp white floral that comes out after a couple of hours in the drydown, which I am not altogether pleased with.

I really liked this on wet.

Sweet and grassy, a faint touch of pine. Reminds me some of Stranger In Camp, only with a sugary waft over it. The pineyness strengthens over the grass, and turns into a fresh wood smell. Faintly in there is something that registers as perfumey to me, and this also strengthens as it dries.

In the late throw I get a touch of soapiness, but if I sniff up close it’s not there. This has some elusive qualities, but the overall impression is a bit sweet, with pine and grass. Late in dry down I keep thinking I’m getting a whiff of smoke.