BPAL Madness!
milo

The Night Parade of 100 Demons

Aagh the first!! Many thanks to JenJen for frimping me a sniffie of this! :wub2:

Wet, this has a bitter, vetiver-like vibe to it. As it dries, a lily/jasmine comes out, and we get a fresh green floral. There is a touch of sour fruit or citrus here I think. All in all, a fresh, spring-like blend that will be lovely when the weather gets warmer.

Annnnnnd.. many thanks to milo for passing it along to me!

When I saw the name "Night Parade of 100 Demons" I thought hmm.. what's this going to smell like?!? and I have to say I was expecting something.. well.. demon-like. Instead, this is actually quite pretty!

As milo said, it definitely has a vetiver-like, almost dirt-like zing in the vial and when it first hits my skin. But that fades quickly once it starts drying, and then a fresh floral appears. I'm going with a lily-type floral, or perhaps narcissus, I don't think it's jasmine cos I can usually pick that from a mile away, but it could possibly be a jasmine variant that's lighter than 'plain' jasmine, or it could be the mysterious 'night blooming flowers' that appear in other BPAL blends. It definitely has a fresh, green edge to it. Further into the dry-down, the green ripens and sweetens a bit and there is something slightly fruity in there - a citrus kind of fruit, maybe a dash of lime? Perhaps some ginger? I dunno.. this is a tough one to decipher!

Half an hour in, the floral has mellowed and that smoky vetiver-ish thing has come back, but now everything's balanced beautifully and it's a lovely warm scent. I can't wait to see what the notes actually are, when this one gets released!

Cologne… a bit soapy. Turning ever more Irish Spring as it dries. This means something green and/or floral, and because I amp that kind of evil, I can't tell you if there's anything else in here or not.