BPAL Madness!
jizatt

Snow Scents!

Hello!

I've been talking about this in some other threads but haven't gotten any answers.

This year I tested Coquelicot Snow & A Lady Tall and White from last years post update. I love them and they did not give me a headache

HOWEVER

I got a lot of snow scent from this year's Yule update and so far all the ones I've tested have given me a headache ( Snow White, Nuclear Winter, Frau Holle ). Is the difference that the post used a different snow note, or do you think it could be that the two I liked were aged for a year? I'm trying to figure out if I should wait a year and retest the rest I have or go ahead and swap. Also, if you have any insight as to which scents have the death snow note and which don't, that would be appreciated!

There are at least three different snow notes used by the Lab and the Post: sweet, ice/ozone, and minty. See my posts about these notes from Dec. '14 in this same thread. :) Some folks have mentioned a spicy snow note, but I'm not sure of any scents that have been ID'ed w/ that note. I'll bet that one of the three snow notes may be the culprit, alas.

The "sweet" snow note, like the one found in Snow White, does not agree with me. I get somwhere between a headache and downright nausea. However I adore the other snow notes, especially the ozoney ones so I really have to pay close attention when the reviews come in to see how the scent will play out with my chemistry before I go for it.

The Glimmer of the Northern Lights, the Yellow Flowers of the Greenland Summer has one of the snow notes, or at least very winter-y feeling, it feels like a Yule to me, such as Ondurdis, or Ice Prince, or The Snow Maiden, or Yellow Snowballs, or The First Soft Snow, or Cloister Graveyard in the Snow (but no mint in 'Glimmer'!).