BPAL Madness!

A barrel of beer, a pyramid of cakes, and three sticks of incense.

2015 version:

Caaaake. Delicious, nutty, buttery cake. Definitely a little bit beery, but not overwhelmingly so. I quite like this one!

A heartbreaker. One of my favourite scents of all the Bpals I've ever had the pleasure to sniff, but as soon as it touches my skin it just evaporates. No throw, no staying power. I'm desperate for it to work on me, so I'm going to give it a lot of extra chances. Perhaps some sort of scent locket might help.

2015 version:

A nutty sort of cake -- so there's the beer and the foody part of it. A sweetly-earthy sort of smell, that gives me a mental picture of rich, chewy brown bread. A few moments later the incense appears as a warm, lighter, golden sort of scent. It's rare that I am able to detect all the notes in these blends, so this is a pleasant surprise. After a while they do all mingle together to become a cloying sort of sweetness, so I think this may not be a keeper for me. It acts like the sort of scent that will hang close to your skin and provide lots of long-lasting huffing pleasure, albeit without a whole lot of throw.

I think I like the concept of this more than I like the actual scent. I find the "beer" note very perfumey and sweet, not at all what I expected. While the cake note is NOT as sweet as I expected, and is more like....biscuit? I don't think I can really pick out the incense note. Overall, it's OK, but not my favourite by a long shot. Glad to have finally gotten to try this "classic" though!

2009 Version

Imp: Cakey sweet

Skin: ICING. Whoa. Ive tried a lot of "buttercream" scents and this is by far the most icingest scent Ive had. I want this on my birthday cake! Very almond-heavy. No trace of beer. Just fancy icing.

Drydown: Settles down long term as a soft, sweet, robust vanilla.

I didn't get beer, or really incense. Just a more rounded beautiful vanilla icing than usual.

If you have a forgotten bottle, maybe check how it aged.