BPAL Madness!
Heavenlyrabbit

Labores Solis

This is the Labores Solis: the sun’s rays expressed through frankincense, amber, heliotrope, saffron, and chamomile, crossed with Luna’s Artemisias, manifesting in darkness.

I'm a sun worshiper. My favorite days of the year are ones like in this week, when it's warm and golden and lazy, and I get out to walk and feel like I can melt into sunshine, because that's where I'm home.

Labores is lovely and, while I wasn't thinking of it when I picked it for today, it perfectly fits this time of year. It smells exactly like how I feel when I get out of the office for a short walk, and tune all my senses into the drying grasses and green reeds rustling in the sun and slow breeze.

I smell heliotrope and amber sweetening chamomile's sunny, drying-meadow smell, and the softened grainy texture of saffron and frankincense.

Unlike The Sportive Sun, Labores Solis has aged well. It's all very well blended -- I'm surprised to pick out heliotrope most strongly on me, but amber and chamomile are close seconds, and everything else is there, too.

I'm glad I got this. On the down side, it lasts less than two hours on me.