BPAL Madness!
angelicruin

Bohun Upas

A deceptively tranquil scent: heady fruits, dry bark, and deep green leaves, enveloped by a dark and sinister murk.

This is fantastic. It smells like Christmas, or rather - and AMAZINGLY - like a series of Christmasy things; sometimes jumbled together and sometimes one at a time, but all there in the same oil. It's awesome!

At first it is all mulled wine and candied fruit and evergreen garlands and, from somewhere I swear, I also get the scent of wax candles. The interplay of dark fruit, soft - very soft - evergreen, and wax lasts a while - I catch wafts of one or the other as I go about my business - then after about 2 hours the fruits fade a bit and it settles for a while into a true soft evergreen (douglas fir or noble fir - no sharp pine or overwhelming cedar here!) which is lovely. Later (about 2 more hours) I swear it smells like a church decorated with evergreen boughs for Christmas Eve mass - evergreen and wooden pews and just the tiniest hint of incense in the background.

I'm putting this in a small tin of imps that I have marked 'fall and winter' - so far this is a top contender for a holiday scent, both to wear and use in the house and I will most likely be ordering a bottle in the fall if my bank account can support this growing BPAL habit of mine.

Imp: definitely getting deep green faint traces of fruit and something...."dark"
Wet on Me: more dark fruits trying to get all heady on me but bumpin into that green
Drying Down: soap. dark fruity green soap.
Dry: kinda of a fruity soap.

Think I'll put this one on the trade pile!

Each time I wear this, I am reminded of a jungle scene by Rousseau. I'm not sure how to describe the scent except for heady, dark, and fruity. Utterly delicious, and yes, slightly deceptive.

In the Vial:

Musk and greenery with a touch of fruitiness

On the Skin:

Initially sharp green with a thin musk. The fruit note isn't as lush as expected but just imparts a faint sweetness.

On the Drydown:

The bark note emerges to dry out and tame the green. I'm ending up with a cornflake scent which is, overall, quite faint. Not a winner for me

In the vial it was pretty musky and I got a lot of bark, but actually testing it was a bit more fruity. I think I get currants and other really red fruits. It's a little dark and a touch musky, but it has little throw and doesn't really have a truly unique stamp to my nose. Sadly, it's just kind of generically fruity and a little musky on me.

In the imp: Berries accompanied by green leaves and some dry bark.

Wet: The berry note is the strongest note on my skin. I think this is a mix of tart, red berries and sweet, dark ones. The green leaves and bark are lingering in the background. As the scent begins its drydown, the dry bark note becomes stronger, as does the leaf note, and the scent becomes a lot darker.

Dry: Tart berries, dry bark, and whatever is representing the dark murk in this blend that smells, unfortunately, like dryer sheets on my skin.

Verdict: Berry scents are not my jam, and something in this did not agree with my skin chemistry. Glad I got a chance to try it, though!