BPAL Madness!
marared

Chaos Theory V: Recursive Self Similarity v4

Snake oil and Celeste. Straight up from wet to dry. I don't how Beth did it but Snake oil and Celeste had an illicit affair on my skin and gave birth to this amazing scent. I will love this bottle forever!!!

Snake Oil CDXLIII (443): Strawberry Snake Oil - so delicious! :wub2:

A dark sexy strawberry, not a girly one.

There may be a tiny bit of pepper of some sort as well giving it a hint of heat.

This one is a favorite with the men-folk.

And another one:

Snake Oil (unknown #) bright fresh apples & then slightly spicy Snake Oil - I was hoping for something a bit more apple cider-y but the apples are too crisp or something, not really tart either. I'm not sure what to call it :) Nice but not for me.

CVI

How has no one reviewed this yet??

wet, it's sweet and sugary, like a light pastry with snake oil and a brushing of something floral- saffron?.

On drydown, oh my god. This is like Underpants + Snake Oil.

Holy WOW.

This review is for a bottle whose number I can't really make out, but the seller labeled it as C. My guess is XCIV or XLIV (or the last number could be an X), but I think there's a letter before (possibly C? that's just missing - there's just a couple of silver dots in a line. I bought it on the LJ marketplace awhile back. The seller had mentioned that it smelled like salted caramel toffee popcorn, so my test is probably slightly biased.

In the bottle: Salty sweet popcorn. There is a distinct popcornness to it, but the sweetness is similar to regular Snake Oil. But I could see it passing for caramel/toffee.

Wet on skin: A bit heavier on the sweet Snake Oil at this point - I barely get the salt and butter.

Dried down: Oh my Snake Oil, all of a sudden, I want to put you in the bath and bask in this scent. Still heavy on the Snake Oil, but heavy enough on the salt and butter that it complements the sweetness (and makes me want to pull out the bag of toffee popcorn I've got stashed in the pantry)

Throw: There's some decent throw to this. I'm good with that.

Verdict: ***** You're mine... all mine. I may not know exactly which bottle you were, but I shall love you and wear you and keep you safe in a box....Muahahahaha!!

And now, back to your regularly scheduled lives.

Edited for spelling and more guesses on the number.

Edited by Magycmyste

Snake Oil Series CCCLIX

This one starts out floral (rose??), and I have trouble picking up the snake oil, at least on me. As it dries, it takes on that pseudo-powdery scent that could either be a musk (black?), or perhaps a black amber. This seems like there was a pretty light hand with the Snake Oil, but maybe I am just amping the other notes. It is very pretty, but I don't see it getting much wear in my rotation.

CCCLXIV:

In the bottle- Snake Oil and... dusty floral? Unsure if I'm going like this, because florals don't like me as a general rule.

Wet- Wet on my skin I don't get any floral at all. It's S.O. amped up, as if the vanilla is doubled with first application

Dry- This is not the usual creamy-spicy Snake Oil, although it's clearly in there. It has a dusty, dry sort of vanilla to it, and a faint dusty floral is coming out as well. It's the same dry and dusty sort of note as what I've gotten with all of the lace scents, so I'm going to guess this is snake oil with a linen note and a light floral.

30 minutes later: It is maturing more and while the snake oil is clearly present, this wears on me almost exactly as Antique Lace did, with a quiet underpinning of the snake.

2 hours later- moderate sillage, and still an antique serpentine lace on me. I was concerned that the light floral note would come out too much but it hasn't morphed further, settling into a comfortable snaky lace.

4 hours later- Still consistent, still moderate throw

8 hours later- Impressed by how long it lasts and stays true

14 hours later- So Snake Lace has astounding staying power! It was quietly classy and the tiniest hint of sensual ALL. DAY. LONG- and then into the night.

I would strongly recommend this one to the lace lovers. It is a work of art. I don't feel I actually wear the lace blends well myself, but I can definitely recognize beauty in them when I smell it. And this one has it.

Verdict: Snake Lace- classy, understated, and the sensuality of a peep of ankle beneath the antique gown

A bottle I was frottled: It has no number on it that I can find.

A sweet, soft, girly snake oil. Strawberry snakes, this. It starts all strawberry PINK! and that essence stays but is grounded with S.O. for an unexpectedly lovely blending.

The bottle says only 5:

Lemon? pineapple?-melon-apple! definitely apple-strawberry? pomegranate? snakes... This is not snakes in the garden, but snakes on mount olympus, sipping ambrosia. (Shango is what this is reminding me of)

How did I get all these bottles without numbers? This one says simply snake oil CT. It's smoke and ash- Brimstone and snake oil.

XLVII: that's just yummy. and a bit wild, and feral. This is Satyr and Snake Oil on me. I kind of want to slather this on a delicious guy and devour him.

CDXXX

This blend is all soapy florals on my skin. I can kind of tell Snake Oil is there but I have to really smell for it.

CCXIII

It looks like this one has been reviewed by sunshinedaisybliss here.

In the decant: Aged, vanilla-prominent Snake Oil accompanied by warm peach.

Wet: Yep! That's peachy Snake Oil, all right! More Snake Oil than peach, though. I agree that it's a warm, fuzzy peach. It goes really well with the Snake Oil!

Dry: It remains a lovely peach-infused Snake Oil!

Verdict: I am not usually a huge fan of peach, but peach + Snake Oil is absolutely wonderful! :D If it were ever to become an official Snake Oil plus scent, I would have to leap for a bottle.

Edited by dementia_divine

Short reviews of a few CTV blends!

1) CCXLIII: This is sort of a powdery berry smoothie type of scent over top of a light snake oil. I've collected several of these blends and this one falls about in the middle as far as likes/loves.

2) I had one that had a sort of black musk note that read very masculine, destashed it and now regret it. It had a thick, dark sticky base that some of the others I've RIS just don't have. Best musk I've tried to date and wish I knew what the heck it was.

3) My favorite CTV blend is just a really heavy snake oil with a pretty straightforward cinnamon note. It's PERFECT.

4) Received a very low partial of this series which smells similar to a light Womb Furie / Snake Skin mix. I actually prefer it over Snake Skin (2017 & 2018) and wish it were available all the time. Think Snake Skin meets honey!

5) Finally, I have another that is a very light snake oil, a little heavier than #1 with an aquatic sort of berry note - maybe lychee or lotus or something of that nature. It smells AMAZING wet, but dries so light that I'm torn. I've thought of rehoming it several times but it might just be one to slather until its gone.

Edited by apathyandanxiety

Got a mystery bottle in a swap, the number is long worn off entirely. Came with the description of "Snake Oil + Smut Lite." Which is amusing to me, as while I haven't tried Smut a lot of the review from the same timeframe say it's similar to Snake Oil.

In the bottle: Very little Snake Oil, a whole lot of musk. I'm not an expert on musks yet but I'm pretty sure there's some red in here, possibly brown. Definitely not black or white.

Wet: It's just Snake Oil? Weirdly enough it doesn't even smell very aged on me. However, it does smell a bit fuzzier than rubbery, which is probably the musk. The Snake Oil really smothers them though.

Dry: The Snake Oil vanishes in an hour, which allows the musks to come back into play. My skin holds on to vanilla so it's a lovely vanilla'd musk with a light throw.