BPAL Madness!

Golden.
Vanilla amber and orange blossom.

"Golden" is a great description of this one. Khrysee reminds me very much of Snake Charmer- that same sort of sexy/foody warm softness, but with a whisper of floral.

Bittersweet, fresh orangeblossom over an O like vanilla amber. It's clean, soft skin dried down...creamy, slightly tangy, very low profile. I could easily slather this one.

I've had this decant awhile, tried it a few times, and I'm finally getting around to reviewing it. I guess I was hoping it would grow on me but that's not the case. Soft powdery orange blossom, super sweet and sugary thanks to the vanilla and the natural, cloying nature of orange blossom. It's almost like a syrupy treacle. Now, there are syrupy scents I adore (Kill-Devil!), but I think the combination of syrupy vanilla and in-your-face cheeriness of orange blossom is too much for me. Remarkably similar to Zarita the Doll Girl (which I didn't care for either, sadly.)

This is rather reminiscent of Vixen, which is one of my favorites, so I am very happy with this!

It goes on a little strong and sour at first, but it quickly dries down to a sweet and spicy orange blossom enveloped in the dryness of the amber and the sweetness and smoke of the vanilla. Very beautiful and comforting!

It is a good scent for both summer and spring, I think.

♔ Khrysee

In the Bottle: Lightly floral fragranced hairspray and medicinal amber

Wet: I get a sweet vanillic amber and an orange blossom that reminds me of Katharina, it’s almost honeyed, even! It kind of smells like a lighter, more florally Snake Oil? The amber is powdery and tangy- but beautiful. It’s quite simple and also reminds me of the vanilla-honey-amber combination from Blossoms in Springtime, though BoS is a lot more ‘yellow’ gold, while Khrysee leans more towards an ‘orange’ rust, kind of gold. In a way, this maybe because to me, BoS has a higher proportion of vanilla to amber, while Khrysee contains a higher dosage of amber, than vanilla.

Drydown: This dries to a very simple honeyed vanilla amber, the orange blossom is a background and supporting note on me, much like in Katharina. It’s a little spicy and golden, like Hod – with orange blossom replacing carnation, but a lot less foody.

TL:DR: Honeyed vanilla amber and orange blossom.

Edited by celestia