BPAL Madness!
allidavie

Aunt Caroline's Joy Mojo

Bottled happiness. Helps reverse misfortune, brings light and laughter to even the most troubled and discordant place, and aids in alleviating the stress and discontent that accompanies so many of life's daily trials.

I got strawberry bubblegum the whole way through. Bright, happy, and fun for sure but not my kind of scent!

I got a couple frimps of this, which was cool cause I like getting frimps I normally wouldn't purchase myself. I tend to shy away from the scents that don't have specific notes. I admit I read some of the reviews to get a basic idea of it before testing it, and this is what I came up with myself:

First Sniff Impression: Bubblegum, like the kind at the center of Blow Pops, not the fake, amoxicillin kind, fortunately.

Wet in Vial: The bubblegum is the most prominent note. There also might be something there like a light cherry, also bringing to mind a Blow Pop lollipop.

Drying Down on Skin: It gets a little "faker" with the bubblegum smell when applied, but now I'm getting a hint of the cotton candy-like smell reviews on the forums have picked out. I also get a stronger, sweet, candy cherry, like those heart-shaped lollipops you see around Valentines Day. It's probably the only kind of cherry that wouldn't bother me. I didn't think I'd like this from the bubblegum note, but it's definitely sweeter and fruitier on. Very much like candy.

Dry on Skin: Fully dry the bubblegum is mostly gone, which is great for me cause I'm really not a bubblegum fan. What's left is a sweet, fruity candy smell that's not overpowering. It would be a fun one for summer, I think. It didn't have much strength to it, though. After about five hours it was almost all gone except for a tiny bit of sweetness left.

Conclusion: I didn't know if I'd like this, especially after I smelled it in the vial, but I think I'll keep it. It seems like a good, much cheaper and more easily found alternative to something like Velvet Unicorn.

When I read that this is meant to alleviate stress, I wasn't really expecting bubblegum out of it. In its defense, it is a true bubblegum and not the "lotus-gone-wrong" version that always makes me slightly ill. It also has a powdery quality that reminds me a bit of conversation hearts. This is a playful, happy scent, but I don't know that I would reach for it much.

Our complete sewer line backed up just in time for hurricane Irma. I also got a hand stuck in an augger and am pretty fucking lucky to not be degloved since the outter coil caught on my wedding band.
​We have a plumbing company coming out today (while i'm at home alone and don't really like the outside world), so i put this on...
​And i feel okay.
It's a really comforting sweet/candyish smell, but really close to the skin. Honestly, it could smell like actual feces and i wouldnt care because it is indeed calming me down.

I tried Aunt Caroline's Joy Mojo a couple of days ago and think I need a bottle. It was bright sugared strawberry to my nose, with a bit of a citrusy feel as it dried down, and it made me feel cheerful every time I sniffed my wrist. Not a lot of throw but that means I can wear it to work and anywhere else and have an instant mood boost close at hand.

Aunt Caroline's Joy Mojo is a favorite of mine. To me, in smells a lot like mixed fruit candies, like sweet tarts that are more sweet than tart. There's definitely fruits to this, and maybe florals. It reminds me a lot of Maenad, but Maenad has a stronger strawberry scent to it. I wouldn't be surprised if this also has strawberry in it, but it's definitely milder.

My only complaint: This really doesn't last long, and stays kind of close to the skin. I generally prefer stronger stuff that lasts longer. But this blend does make me feel happy and less stressed, so it has a place in my collection and I'll get a big bottle eventually.

Hmmm, wet, I get Juicy Fruit gum with a bit of..root beer? It's sweet, but I like it anyway, and the throw is not very strong, so I can deal with the sweet smell. I don't get sugary cotton candy, but I do get a vanilla cakey sort of sweetness.

I'd buy this for a little girl's first BPAL.

I am not a super foodie lover, but this is nice. I'll keep the imp and hope for more joy. :D

On the dry down, the scent mellows even more. Not sure there will be much left in an hour, but I'll come back to edit this if anything else shows up.

ETA: ACJM turns into the faintest, marshmallow-y skin musk. Like a clean baby... This would be good for a bedtime scent.

Edited by RavenintheWind

Wet: A vague bit of sweetness, but I can't smell much else. It's incredibly light.

Dry: Very light... sweet tarts? The dry-down of this is similar to the LE "Like Father, Like Daughter" on me. (I actually think I prefer that, though.)

I like it, but this is one I'd need to slather! I'll enjoy my imp, but I don't think I'll go for a bottle.

Edited by donkehpoo

This smells like sticky summer strawberry soda. Alliteration! Its not for me, as I do not like to smell very sweet, but would be good for someone who likes lighter, brighter and more.. youthful scents!