BPAL Madness!
ipb

Dragon's Tears

Bittersweet yet powerful: salty aquatic notes and bursting with dragon's blood.

For the second time in about a week, I thought I smelled vetiver in something it wasn't in, though in this case I think it's because the combo of honeysuckle and something bitter reminded me of Anathema and short-circuited my brain. This time, the vetiver impression didn't stick around like it did in my oddball Dragon's Claw imp. But the dragon's blood, or maybe the dragon's blood/aquatic mix, is bitter here and not the fruity version of DB.

Anyway, it starts out bitter DB and a floral I think is honeysuckle. Someone else in the thread mentioned linden, and I'd believe that too--they smell a lot alike to me. It morphs into more of a "salty tears" note with an edge of dragon's blood, and then in the drydown goes back to DB/honeysuckle. It's a little soapy in a good way, and the aquatic isn't sharp and headachey like some others have been. I'll probably keep this imp; it's nice.

Frimp from the Lab! Don't usually like aquatics, but interested to see how they combine with the DB.

Wet: Much more aquatic/florals than DB. Sweet, smells vaguely of laundry. Not unpleasant at all, but not really my thing, so far.

Dry: Nose to skin this is a floral aquatic with DB. But the throw is really realistic sweat. Not B.O. or anything, just salty sweat. Interesting, but not for me!

A tad sweet (red), something sharp besides the salt and I imagine standing in this underground water tunnel system (NOT intended to be a sewer might I add) (must resist a poop joke), seeing the reflection of the water, curving blueish and green shapes on the ceiling while something might be lurking under the water. It's not neccesarily a looming or dark feeling that I'm getting here though, quite ...comfortable.

I don't think I'd get a bottle as the salt is a bit too much for me but I don't hate this at all.

Poop.

Aquatics? What aquatics?

On me, it's white-green floral (something on lily-lilac-jasmine-muguet spectrum) with some salt sneaking in occasionally, but never enough to stand out without sniffing very closely. Starts on sweeter end, moves towards "green" during drydown.

it's been a long long time since I've reviewed anything- and until I get my notebook out to document everything from start to finish, it's not going to be perfect

From the imp: I literally don't get any salt, it's sweet water fragranced with watermelon and florals... i don't see watermelon listed.. i don't see any florals listed... I don't even see sweet listed. And it's quite florally sweet.

On skin: watermelon juice balanced with white florals (lily?).
Summary: Watermelon florals
Verdict: 3.75/5 I love this. wth!

The lab's dragon's blood mix smells to me like hints of actual dragon's blood resin in a warm, sweet, cherry-toned floral. As described, this is dragon's blood and a slightly oceanic saline solution. The ocean note is short-lived on me, leaving only salty dragon's blood.

Saltwater hasn't really drawn me in to date. It's just kinda there.

I didn't really like the way this smelled in the imp (a very sharp smell that had me recoiling before my brain registered anything else), but I tried it anyway. That was a bad idea. Wet, this was mostly dragon's blood, but very bitter somehow, with an oyster-ish (?!) undertone. Dry, this picked up hints of pool cleaning chemicals and something that reminded me strongly of baby vomit (sweetly acid) with random whiffs of db and oysters. I don't think aquatics and I will ever get along...

It smelled nice in the imp, an aquatic floral. But dragon's blood always turns to an overly sweet-spicy-fruity floral and it was just not a nice mix with the salty aquatic notes.

I've never smelled anything containing dragon's blood before, so I was really excited to try this! On first application it smells sweetly floral with a tiny hint of cherry. The floral part smells like honeysuckle or star jasmine (yay, I love the smell of star jasmine!) or maybe even gardenia? The salty aquatic notes are quite subtle on me and I think it's mostly a dragon's blood fragrance with an aquatic twist. It somehow smells exactly like swimming in a pool near a flowering plant on a hot day wearing sunscreen. That's the vibe I get. I really like this and I think it'll be beautiful for summer. It's light but strong, with good throw and lasts well. I'm definitely gonna need to try some more dragon's blood scents! Oh and my mom loves this one, she asked to borrow it and it's now her favorite out of the few she's tried.

Dragon's Tears smells to me like blowing bubbles as a child. That smell of the liquid as you dip your bubble blower stick in and blow a million bubbles, as the bubbles fly through the air and land on your face, your arms. There is a strong floral scent in the yard where you're blowing bubbles, you're standing right next to the bush.

Dragon's Tears is a strong soapy floral.

I usually stay away from DB blends, because this note doesn't agree with me, except for Dragon's Musk. Dragon's Tears has a soapy vibe and it mingles very well with the incensey quality of the dragon's blood resin. A really good combo. Will wait to test it in warmer weather.

It's a really nice aquatic scent. I like aquatics but so many of them are similar to my nose that one or two different kinds will usually fill my needs. This is actually pretty different and it's quite refreshing. It gets a little floral sweetness from the dragon's blood, but it's mostly a salty sea-like note. It has the hallmark of a standard aquatic but the dragon's blood does give it a different personality. It's sweet and gentle and has a bit of an edge.