BPAL Madness!

Blue lilac, lily of the valley, golden musk, beeswax, white ginger, bergamot, green tea, and nectarine.

The nectarine is really strong just sniffing the scent, but as soon as I put it on it becomes soft florals and something that reminds me really strongly of To Helen. I had to check the notes, but I'm thinking it must be the beeswax. The beeswax stays the dominant note on my skin, but it's more like just plain wax. There's some sweetness from the rest of the blend, but it smells odd. After a while, it all mellows out and snuggles up to my skin, stubbornly refusing to leave. I can't smell this unless I press my nose to my skin where I applied it. A surprisingly lovely scent, though- this is not at all the overbearing floral I suspected it would be, and very well behaved. I like the waxy note, and I just wish it had more throw. I won't be needing any more, but I won't get rid of what I have. Edited by cordia

In the imp: Fruity ... must be the nectarine

Wet: There's a little something fruity, a little something sharp, but mostly it's the beeswax I'm getting, a golden note like a lot of the honey blends.

Drying: Faint and floral ... there might be green tea, and there's probably lily of the valley, but it's so faint, so fast. :P

This was all lilac and beeswax on me - loverly, but it just didn't last long.

In the bottle: Pale honey coloured oil. Flowers and herbs. Fresh, floral, green. Hint of sweetness, including nectarine and beeswax. Lilac, bergamot, and lily of the valley distinct.

Wet: Delicious lilac, heady and fresh just like real lilacs - but with an ominously soapy edge. LotV adds to the heady floral feel but isn't overwhelming. Ginger gives this a little kick and keeps the blend fresh. Bergamot is more herbal than citrusy, and blends with the piney green tea note - both are soft. Beeswax is a very faint honeyed wax note.

Dry: Slow to dry. The lilac is holding, but the LotV has amped a bit as it often does and is verging on unbearable. Fortunately, the green tea and ginger have amped too, and their bright, fresh notes counteract the headiness of the LotV. A bit of delicious fruity nectarine, very juicy but not sticky - it's nectarine that's not quite ripe - has emerged. Beeswax remains faint.

Later: LotV is firmly in control, alas, but slightly soapy lilac comes right behind it. The green tea has amped more too, and is very green and fresh and unique in this blend. Bergamot holds, and is zesty and citrusy and herbal - really nice; likewise, white ginger remains. Beeswax is mostly gone. Nectarine is still light, sadly, because it's lovely.

Summary: This settles into lilac, lily of the valley, and nectarine blend, each equally strong. Fresh, largely floral, but also herbal and slightly fruity.The green tea, bergamot and beeswax (which amps up) are quite present just below those notes. Light but present ginger and musk. Absolutely feminine. Low throw and lasting power.

The LotV was evil for a while but the final drydown is quite pleasant and different from the earlier stages. I ADORE the nectarine note in this, and this is the first lilac blend that hasn't been horrible. One to retry!

Ugh.

There is something in this blend other than the lilies which does not like me. This blend smells like.. burnt plastic.

After a while though, it seems to have calmed down, but there's still a wierd plasticky smell to it. Oh well. Off to the swap pile.

In Vial: Stinky

Wet: Strong flowers. A bit overwhelming. This does not smell good on me.

Dry: This gets even stronger. Definately Floral!!

This is a gorgeous blend, and I don`t like the floral ones normally. When the liliac and the lily calm down from the wet stage, The green tea and the nectarine add juicy and perfectly balanced tones to a fresh and surprising blend, at least for me. This is a classical eanbler for mums and friends used to commercial pefumes. A lovely summer gem!

Marcilla is a lovely blue floral. I was hoping for more of the musk and beeswax to come out but I'm getting mostly lilac and lily of the valley, along with some greenery and something tart and berry-like - that's probably the nectarine. The overall feel is more of live plants than perfume, like you're standing in a flowerbed.

I have been exploring floral scents more lately, so I'm glad I tried this, but it's not really me. I think if the nectarine in Marcilla were toned down I'd like it more, or maybe if there were some stronger, darker musk or patchouli to ground it...But I must admit that part of the problem is that I tested this on the same day as Ashlultum, which is another lilac scent, quite different but much more to my tastes. Nevertheless, Marcilla is highly recommended if straightforward florals are your thing.

I love blue lilac single note, so I was eager to try Marcilla, but I don't get any lilac from this blend at all. It's fresh, springy floral on me, citrussy from the bergamot & nectarine, with a powdery, musky-floral base from the lily & musk. I can't really pick out any particular note once it's on my skin. It just morphs into a chemical mish-mash of fakey floral notes. In the drydown, the floral starts to take on a plasticy/waxy edge that I'm guessing is from the beeswax. I love beeswax in some blends, but it doesn't feel right to me in this one.

Marcilla is too floral for me to pull off.

2018 version:
I definitely smell more green tea and nectarine in the new bottles of this. It's refreshing, zingy and makes me think of hard, unripe, deep green fruits. I can also pick out the beeswax in this version, adding a delicate, honeyed sweetness to that green tea. Unfortunately, it still has a heavy dose of that floral that I can't stand, though. The floral part is very sharp and perfumey and slightly soapy. It's like sitting in a garden of unripe fruits, sipping honeyed green tea, and trying to ignore the fact that your friend applied way too much of a cheap, suffocating, drugstore floral perfume.

Edited by Little Bird

straight sniff from bottle is really foody?? huh?!

orangey cake ... along the same lines of eat me...wowza.... :P

once applied this changes drastically...nope...no more eat me....it

gets very floral and a touch fruity...quite lovely =-)

I was hoping for more bergamot, nectarines, and tea, but on me Marcilla is just a very light floral scent. It teters dangerously on the edge of soapiness, but thankfully avoids falling over the cliff. I think it's the beeswax that helps the scent stay grounded a bit, and I do like the smell, it's just really not my type of perfume.

In the bottle: Green tea floral with a bit of fruity musk (not so pleasant!)

Wet: White ginger tends to stand out on me, so I noticed it right away with a bit of lilac. The lilac didn't stick around too long, though, but I could smell LOTV quite well (it usually stands out on me and it's usually smells soapy) and I was hoping for more of a nectarine scent, which I didn't really get. There was a hint of green tea and musk to even it out.

Dry: Okay, the LOTV faded away quite a bit and the soapy smell went away (yay!). The green tea and the white ginger pair up with florals more (can't really decipher what they are, but it doesn't really say lilacs or LOTV to me) so it ended up smelling fairly decent on me.

Overall: I probably shouldn't have gotten this scent because of LOTV, but I was hoping to get a nice lilac blend. That didn't happen so much, but the scent I did end up with was nice.

Lilac and golden musk is gorgeous and that's what I wanted. However, wet on the skin, the beeswax takes over and mixes with the golden musk. Ick. :P

Drydown: However, I am pleasantly surprised by this blend. The beeswax gets smashed :D into the back ground, and the golden musk and lilac take over. :D Definitely not bottle worthy but I will be keeping my imp. :D

Wow, different people are smelling *extremely* different things here...even more so than usual!

I'm definitely in the citrus camp, particularly at first; after that, the lilac comes up as a strong secondary note. It's sweet, feminine, and very lovely.

Marcilla - This is a gorgeous fruity-floral. The scent starts out smelling strongly of nectarine and lily and makes me think of the orchards outside of "Green Gables," as it's very pure and innocent. It dries down to a soft scent of tea and beeswax and is really beautiful. I imagine this would make a gorgeous springtime room scent.

IN THE IMP: Bright bergamot, juicy nectarine, and soft florals.

WET: Oh, this suddenly becomes FLORAL, all lilac and lily. Where did the nectarine go? Where did the bergamot go? Oh wait, now they're starting to come back, and the florals are receding a little.

DRY: Soft floral balanced by sweet beeswax and musk, with a hint of fruit. Lovely, and very feminine.

In the vial: very blue! Fresh, floral, gingery, and the bergamot and nectarine give a citrussy brightness.

Wet on skin: fresh, sweet citrus with ginger and green tea over a smooth background of florals and beeswax.

Dry on skin: the pale blue of the lilac, and the lily of the valley join the aforementioned notes and the result is fresh, sweet and pretty. Very nice! If you like Vampire Tears you should definitely try this - it's in the same floral-citrus family. Unfortunately it's very light with almost no throw at all, so I think the imp will be gone very quickly, and I have my doubts about how well it will age. But it's a really beautiful scent!

By the way, this is nothing like the bottle artwork! The label is scary but the scent is sweet, gentle and innocent!

Edited by Lyrical
Removed Lab description --Shollin

Smells almost exactly like Tamamo-no-Mae to me, maybe a touch more citrus but just about the same. Which is to say, GORGEOUS!!!!!!

Anyone who wishes they could get more Tamamo, get Marcilla while you can.

4.5 out of 5

Wet: . . . is that Froot Loops?

Dry: A sweet, fresh floral with a tiny bit of citrus. My nose isn't sophisticated enough yet to pick out the beeswax on its own, but I get little nips of tea and something grounding in the background - might be the beeswax, might be the musk. The ginger adds a nice bite, too.

After a couple of hours, this is ends up being little more than slightly flowery, sweet musk - and delicious all the way through, once dry, at least.

I'm enjoying my forays into florals! I don't know that I'd get a bottle of Marcilla, but she's definitely beautiful.

Marcilla

In the imp: smells a bit like Tamamo meets Aglaea, a musky peach scent.

Wet on skin: sharp tea and lilac! But it’s not unpleasant.

Dry on skin: not bad! This is a really pretty and unique scent. The lilac, a note that often goes wilted on me, seems to be behaving. The tea is tangy and astringent but in a pleasant way, it smells like a cup of bergamot-infused green tea. The nectarine is sweet and peachy, but not as sweet as the peach notes, this one’s a little more tart. The musk and beeswax are what seem to be making this scent lovely, adding a golden, velvety, almost honeyed touch. It reminds me of Tamamo, but with lilac.

After a while: the sharpness settles down dramatically and this becomes a lovely soft golden peach musk scent. really nice. It reminds me of Fae, it’s the peachy nectarine, bergamot and musk I think that make it smell like that. The beeswax is really lovely here, not as honey-like as it can be, in here it’s a proper wax scent. There is a bit of additional floral from the lilac, and that’s the note that I’m ambivalent about…it keeps veering on the verge of turning into soap. I’m still uncertain about the soapy aspect I sometimes get, which is a shame because the golden peach scent is so pretty.

The scent seems to fluctuate between beautiful beeswax peach and soapy lilac (and white ginger? It doesn’t smell like spicy ginger to me so maybe it’s the floral kind?) every now and then, making me unsure about this scent.

The drydown isn’t as nice, not as much peach, and the lilac turns to a soapy lily-like scent. it reminds me a bit of Her Voice, though not as sharp and bitter.

Verdict: this is a very pretty, intriguing scent. The nectarine note is very pretty, not sharp like the one in Ebisu, this is more like a peach note. The tea is very nice, refreshing and tangy but not too tart. This overall reminds me of a peach herbal tea, backed with glowing notes of golden musk and beeswax, and lilac. The beeswax is lovely but I found it too subtle in this scent-I like it when it is a main player in a scent. the lilac unfortunately turns a bit soapy on me after a while, and does distract from the golden peach tea scent, which is a shame. Ultimately this isn’t one to keep, there are other peach scents I prefer, but I admire the unique mix of notes here.

Emoticon rating: :P

Is it a keeper? Not really.

If you like this, try: Tamamo No Mae, Aglaea, Fae, Angeronalia, Night Thoughts, Her Voice

In the imp: Floral

Wet: Still quite flowery, but there's something foody in the background that I do NOT like.

Dry: Foody smell is gone. There's a bit of bergamot but mostly I pick up beeswax. No lilac. No lily. Just wax.

All righty.

Wet in bottle - Lilac, lily of the valley, white ginger, and green tea. This is more feminine than I expected.

Wet on skin - My wrist is amping the white ginger and green tea, while the lilac and lily of the valley are there, but in the background. Feminine and sweet without being too cloying.

Dry on skin - There is a period during the first 2 hours of drydown where it smells powdery and soapy. After that two hours the white ginger and lily of the valley come back... confusing! I will be putting this up for sale/swap.

All I can smell is lilac and lily. Ack! I bet this would smell wonderful on someone else but my skin is amping up those 2 notes.