BPAL Madness!
flyingpizza

Stimulating Sassafras Strengthener

Sassafras, vanilla extract, oak leaf, CO2 butter extract, and onycha.

It's absolutely similar to a root beer style drink, though I think it actually smells a bit like birch beer instead. It's not as syrupy as most root beers that are widely available, which helps put in more into the birch beer camp for me. It has that bit of fizziness and a bit of vanilla, almost like a birch beer float. I really enjoy it because it has such a fun energy.

After being on my wishlist for sometime, Stimulating Sassafras Strengthener was given to me not once but twice in the last week! So I tried it this morning. In the imp.... Aack, opening the imp, it sprayed in my eye! Do not get it (or any BPAL) in your eye! Aack!

Wet on skin, this is some strong sassafras, and it's all I can smell at first. It dries down into warm vanilla root beer. I don't smell any butter (warmth?) or incense, and the oak leaf contributes to an herbal vibe. It is a skin scent on me (which is normal for my skin), average wear given how strong it came on at first.

SSS is actually really nice; I'm just not sure there are that many occasions when I want to smell like root beer. I can see wearing this to a carnival or arcade. It reads summer-fall to me, maybe because of the carnival associations, but is comforting enough to stand up to winter. I think I'll keep one imp and swap the other.

Syrupy sweet vanilla root beer! As it dries it gets a bit rich and buttery, and initially has a cool herbal tinge.

I've tried this a few times now and each time I keep hoping to come up with a better review, but... this is pretty much just a root beer barrel candy single note for me. It's not bad, it's not great, it is what it is. A novelty scent, not one I really want to smell like but nice to have around for an occasional sniff.