BPAL Madness!
RosieP

Golden Priapus

Insatiable lust, unending vigor! A truly carnal, energetic men’s blend: vanilla and amber with juniper, rosewood and white pine.

Aged imp: golden warm pine

This does little to no morphing on me and settles down into a warm vanilla with a slight backdrop of pine and decent throw/wear time. It's a nice vanilla scent, yet not quite what I'm looking for.

I don't think I'm a big fan of pine, actually.

I didn't notice rosewood or juniper in here. I'm going to keep the imp, but it just wasn't as excited to me as some of the other reviewers experienced!

Oh, wow, what??? Pine and vanilla top notes? So odd and yet so so so perfect together! This dries down to a lovely, confident, vanilla pine tree.

Priapus was a god of fertility. If I doused my husband in this... well, I'm sure you can take it from there.

Where I'd wear this: Getting nas-tay in the woods

Edited by gloame

When I was little my mom switched us over to a fake christmas tree because she was sick of dealing with the needles all over her carpet. She went out and bought a xmas tree scented plugin to mimic the now-missing smell.

That is what this perfume smells like to me, sweetened pine

Dang it, amber. Not again. This was beautiful for about 20 minutes (the average time oils take to truly warm to my skin, I run super cold), and then the amber came in. Initially rosewood, juniper, and vanilla, somehow not too masculine and very pleasant and woody. All the conifer notes are actually quite subtle on me, and I'm thawing to them considerably. Vanilla makes everything better, of course.

After 20 minutes the amber ruins everything, as always, and it becomes some kind of weird vanilla lollipop. Seriously, the pine notes are just gone; there's maybe a whisper of wood left but mostly it's just sweet amber and vanilla. A sad pass from me.

First impression: Like a woodsier Morocco, which is The Dream for me. But the vanilla note is definitely (and unfortunately) hitting me the same way as the one in Tombstone. Still smells amazing, though.

Wet: Smells so good in the bottle, especially if I don't focus on the vanilla and let the amber and woods do their thing.

Dry: Oh no. Nooooo. It's the dreaded rubber vanilla. I wanted this one to work so badly, but this particular vanilla note hates me. It's very much dry, powdery rubber gloves. I'm going to put this away and let it age for a while before trying again.

I am pleasantly surprised by this on application. It's just pine, with a hint of vanilla sweetness to round it out. No gross amber.

After half an hour I'm getting some sandalwood, though. :( Then it turns much more woody. Alas. The opening of this was wonderful.

I haven't the faintest idea why, but this reminds me of a woodsy, herbal Morocco. It's far more masculine than Morocco, but there's still some sort of wispy, blendy, wafty feeling to it, if you have any idea what I mean. Smells green, feels golden. It's beautiful!

In the imp: evergreen boughs with maybe a little rosewood. On my skin it remains one of the best BPAL pine scents I have tried so far, clean but not cleanser. But this is a morpher on me. As it dries down, the amber and vanilla become much more prominent. It is gorgeous all the way through, though, and perfectly unisex - the description almost scared me away, but I'm so glad I tried it because it is bottle-worthy on me.