BPAL Madness!

An infusion of incalculable power and irresistible temptation. Truly an exercise in megalomania and self-gratification: frankincense and cinnamon, darkened by violet.

Mm, this is nice at first. It smells exactly as listed, but at first the notes blend together better than I thought they would.

Frank and cinnamon are strongest on me at first, with the violet leaning them, together, toward dark purple floral. After a few minutes, though, I start to feel a little burn from the cinnamon. Simultaneously, the violet steps out in front of the cinnafrank, dominates the blend, and turns it into an old lady.

I hardly ever associate a perfume with old age, but somehow it happens here. After a while, I'm not sure I mind. This blend is different from anything I'd usually go for. I could wear it now and then.

Edited by Casablanca

In the imp: Frankincense, cinnamon, and violet.

Wet: I'm still getting the frankincense, cinnamon, and violet, in that order. Then, the cinnamon note overtakes the frankincense, and the violet gets stronger as well.

Dry: Mostly violet spiced and a soft cinnamon note, with some light frankincense in the background.

Verdict: Violet is usually problematic on me, but I guess the cinnamon has kept it in check in this scent. This one is a lot better than I thought it would be, but not one I could see myself wearing.

Frankensence and on some whiffs i can catch a tiny bit of the violet, but no cinnamon at all and i freaking love cinnamon. boooooooo.

*edited to add* after a while, the voilet comes out more and it hates me yeeeesh. damn skin chemistry.

Edited by cassiejaynebunk

So, I’m retesting Faustus just before swapping it away, and I am kind of regretting my decision. Faustus is really interesting. It’s mainly a lemony frankincense with just a whisper of cinnamon and violet. I remember the first time I tried it, the violet came out more strongly and ruined things, but today it is holding off and I quite like it. I may have to track down another imp.

Frimp. In the bottle it smell like a car air freshner. I know there is no rose scent in there, but it really is quite rosy. Maybe the violet has turned funny on me?! It smells too artificial on me. I think i'll pass.