BPAL Madness!
StrangeLove

Snow, Glass, Apples

In Neil's words, 'It smells like green apples and like sex and vampires, all at the same time. (Actually, it smells like sexy vampire apples.)'

In the bottle: very light, almost impossible to catch a good whiff of it.

Once warmed in my clocket - Fresh, bright green apples with Beth's frost notes. It's not a clean iciness of some of Beth's blends, but it's crisp and pungent with a touch of cold violet.

I had to take the clocket off because it was giving me a headache. Perhaps this would be better on the skin since I think I used too much in the clocket and it overwhelmed me. That and reading the story while wearing the scent creeped me out a little bit. Neil writes a good scary adult fairy-tale.

Lovely and unique, not sure I'll be in the mood to wear this very often, but I'm holding on to the bottle for the times when I'm in the mood for sexy icy vampiric apples. Edited by Shollin

I've been haunting my mailbox waiting for this bottle to arrive. I'm not very fond of apple scents, so I had mixed feelings about this purchase. On the one hand I really wanted the book. On the other hand, I eat apples and am rarely tempted to smell like them. I kept reading the reviews of apple and mint and wondering if I had made the right decision.

On first whiff from the bottle I smell a very sharp and dry kind of green apple. Not jolly rancher, but a pretty good rendition of a freshly bitten Granny Smith. On sniffing more deeply, I still get the green apple note first and foremost, but there's something aquatic and ozone-y there. Ozone usually smells like fabric softener or laundry soap to me, so I'm a bit wary.

Wet on my skin, slightly soapy apple. It's not bad, it's just very much a clean laundry, green apple shampoo scent for me. I'm trying to be patient and wait to see what happens. It's still a little soapy, a tinge floral, and not tangy or juicy at all. At this point, this feels cold, and bit icy, and I'm not sure how much I'm loving this.

Dry on my skin, ah now a bit of sweetness and warmth is coming out. Still aquatic, still crisp, but not as cold. I think the crystalline musk is stepping up to take the place of the apple which is fading fairly rapidly. It IS sweet, but not in a sugary fruity way, but in the way that flowers and musk are sweet. That said, it's not strongly floral to me. It's just that the sweetness is reminiscent of flowers.

Later, this becomes a fresh crisp sweet aquatic, and I'm sooo not giving it up. The musk is blooming out too, clean and clear, rather than murky. I can't usually wear aquatics, but this one works really well. I'm keeping it for when I want to smell sexy fresh.

Absolutely lovely! It reminds me of the very first perfume I ever fell in love with, the Disney Snow White body splash that I found when I was about 8 or so. I never got my hands on that perfume but now I have something even better.

I smelled pure crisp apple nothing else, of course that might be because I'm suffering from a bit of a stuffed up nose. SGA's wearstength is pretty impressive, it lasted through a 2 hour work out and I can still get a whiff of it now. I just wish the throw was better. Other than that I am absolutely thrilled and will definitely be on the hunt for 5ml.

mmm. fresh, crisp apples, wafting up from my wrist! i never get any throw out of my bpal but holy crap, i'm suddenly in an apple orchard. this brought to my mind a memory i'd completely forgotten- walking into the store at this apple orchard my parents took me to when i was little, surrounded by piles of shiny red and yellow and green fresh-picked apples. it doesn't smell cold but- the inside of my nose feels chilly after i sniff it! hehe, so strange. luckily i don't get any mint or eucalyptus when i sniff it (although i'm thinking a dash of mint is responsible for that cooling effect?), just apples and musk. it is surprisingly strong. i'll be keeping this one around.

This is a lovely, juicy apple with a dark and cold twist to it. There's the sense of a chill of sharp, jagged ice and a light or white musk over piercing and wintry flowers. I also detect a slight eucalyptus or mint bite that sort of punctures what would normally be warm apples. This is a beautifully rendered interpretation of a blood-chilling tale. It will be cherished. =)

This one should not work on me. Fruit = bad. Mint/Eucalyptus = Bad. Ozone = Very Bad.

But together... love.

Wet it is crisp tart apples and icy air. There is a big waft of eucalyptus, I get a little of the sinus tingle, but in a very good way. I thought it might be very Snow-Moony, but it's not. It's not Snow-Whitey either. It immediately reminded me of Sea of Glass, but I have not smelled that one in a while. This is crisp and clear, but SoG made me think of bright sunshine, and SGA is more like virgin snowfall in a bare forest. Very pure.

For a moment when it's morphing from semi to full dry donw, it goes plastic - just like Snow White. But thankfully that is a very short stage, and the driest dry leaves me with apple spiked musk and a tiny little metallic tang of blood. The blood note only comes up when I'm huffing so much that all the other notes are overloaded and fade.

It is amazing. I have not felt this way about a BPAL in a while. I've had many successes, but this makes my stomach lurch just a little in OMFG-I-llooooooove-this-and-it's-extremely-LE panic. Which is silly, because I use sparingly, and have other true loves. But still... this is stunning. And I'm sad that this will be my one and only bottle.

I bought this for the chapbook, but it's the oil that has me swooning. :P

In the bottle this smells like green fizzy apples. I was a bit worried about this initially because 'apple-y' apple scents don't usually work too well on me.

On skin this is..perfection! Subtle apple note still but it's more than wearable and absolutely gorgeous.

Wish I had more bottles of this for future, but I just feel lucky that I got one in the first place. :P

Whooo, I am so happy to have gotten a hold of this. I had the pleasure of sniffing it at a few will calls, so I am very excited to try the final product. In the (squee cobalt) bottle this is crisp dry green apple and musk. Definitely not an apple-y apple scent.

On my skin this is a dead on green apple scent. Fresh and a bit tart, with something darker lying underneath the surface-absolutely lovely!

Sexy Vampire Apples is definitely the perfect way to describe this scent. Totally worth the wait! :P

Snow,Glass, Apples the scent is breathtaking. I'm going to be sad to have just one bottle and also thrilled. It is reminiscent of Snow Moon, Snow Angel, Punkie Night, with whisps of blood and a snatch of mint to it. WOW. But it's very soft and airy with a sweet drydown.

This scent is just stunning. Having read the chap book before I applied the scent, I must say that the blend perfectly encapsulates the images woven by the story.

In the bottle: The bright, crisp scent of tart green apples, devoid of any autumnal warmth and spice, melds and mixes with an array of crystalline ozone notes, evoking the image of cold, hard fruit settled within a nest of sharp, glinting glass. A gentle blend of mint, mellowed by a pale musk, settles over the other notes like a dampening blanket of snow, softening the edges, and morphing the scent into something altogether different from its individual notes. Beneath it all, a sinister current lurks, richer than the rest of the scent, thick and heady: the tang of blood.

On the skin, wet: The apples pop briefly, experiencing a final flare of glory before they become buried beneath the icy glass. The ozone note quickly dominates the scent on my skin, however it carefully avoids the realm of dryer sheets and Febreeze through the temperance of the mint and musk. The remnants of those cold, bitter apples blend well with the decadent and sensuous undercurrent that flows, quiet but inescapable, along the underbelly of the blend.

On the skin, dry: The razor sharp quality of the ozone note begins to mellow beneath the gentle onslaught of the crushed mint and delicate musk, settling comfortably against the other notes, content to lend the blend a fresh, cold quality akin to the wind on a winter night. Free at last from ozone's tyranny, the other notes begin to emerge, humbled and jumbled, woven neatly into one tight tapestry. The sultry tang of the bloodied apples reemerges, a quieter creature than before, hard yet undeniably magnetic.

This scent truly is amazing. I purchased it for the apples, though I was wary of the ozone (which has a tendency to become overpowering on my skin). In the end, I was delighted. The ozone note was remarkably well behaved and the blend proved ideally refreshing from these hot summer months.

Wow!

Wet this is a mix of tart granny smith apples and macintosh apples.

First dry: cold, icy, almost mentholy over apples and light floral. (The coldness makes my nose tingle, but I'm weird and I like that)

5 min: White florals over icy tart apples.

10 min: ozone & light tart apples.

Final: ozone, very light florals and the apple is there, but not as tart as it was, it's softer and a little sweeter.

**Now I'm getting the glass. It reminds me of the glass scent from House of Mirrors, but instead of amber, it's glass with apples.

Wow, this was a quick morpher on my skin. It stays appley throughout, but everytime I sniffed my arm, there was another note emerging. I got this today and couldn't wait to get home so I tried it at work. I'm sure my co-workers are wondering why I'm huffing my arm.

I'm so glad I was able to get this, what a different and cool scent.

Edited by oceandreamer001

Out of the bottle: Tart green apples and....turpentine...nail polish? Noooooo!

Wet on my skin: A burst of apple-scented turpentine. *nervous* :D There's definitely something minty in there as it's cooling my hand. Apples are definitely dominant though.

Dry: As this dries the turpentine scent COMPLETELY goes away. *whew* I was really scared for a few minutes there. I really can't say more about this, it's fresh apples with something minty and cooling in the background. When you inhale it deep you feel the ice inside your nostrils. This is truly Snow, Glass and Apples! Ha!

The final dry down is a soft, pretty apple perfume. I was worried this was going to smell more like something I'd use in my oil burner but I'm happy to say it works really really well as a perfume. It's perfect for the rest of the summer, fall and even the winter (with that cool icy feeling). I'll be using the whole 5ml of this one :P

I normally go for foody or spicy/musky scents so I wasn't sure this would work but I was wrong. Initially this is all about the snow and the apples and at this stage it is stunning! However, it doesn't last long on me (maybe 20 mins?) and then it moves on to an aquatic, clear, very pretty scent. Finally it settles into almost a mellow white floral and it seems like there was a small stage of vanilla but that could just be the base or something?

However!

I was sitting here about SIX hours after I applied it and all the sudden it "bloomed". I kept looking around me thinking what is that smell?? It was quite strong and and fresh and clean. I didn't think it could possibly be SGA but it was. And true to the story she dies and is reawakened and makes her presence known.

Very cool. :P

Edited by visualworlds

EXACTLY as described. . . in the bottle. It's amazing and unique. Unfortunately, my skin skin eats it up a leaves a perfumey scent. Wow. . . maybe I'll try my scent locket, but if not, this is up for swaps/sales.

anyone else curious to see how much this goes for? :P

Put this in the wrong forum, so here it is. That's what I get for trying to type with my wrist at my nose. :P

I've been opening my bottle of SGA to sniff, and had yet to actually put some on since I wasn't sure I was keeping it. (Dh found out I had it and flipped over the cost. I told him I could sell it here and get the $50 back to deposit, then he asked if it made me happy, which of course I said yes, and, well, here I am!) I was used to the green (Granny Smith) apple smell, I'd smelled daily since it arrived, and I'd never done that before with any scent! It was very amusing to smell something I should be drinking, not wearing. I cautiously put a drop on the back of my hand. Yep, green apple with a cold feel more than smell in the background. It was pretty, but now that it was on, I wasn't so sure I'd like smelling like an apple, cold or otherwise. As it dried, it didn't change. It stayed cold (or menthol-ish?) apple for almost two hours! It seemed to have a pretty good throw with just the one drop. I had resolved to keep a decant and sell the rest. I must have been on crack. Just past the two hour mark, it started to change, to soften. What developed next not only surprised me, it validated my purchase. It's pretty. No, that's not strong enough to describe this one. I don't know how to describe it. It's a soft slightly sweet (though I wouldn't classify it as sweet) barely floral muskiness. The tart apple is there only to watch the other notes shine. Oh, it's like being bitten by an extraordinarily gentle vampire in an apple grove where the blossoms are falling to the ground you lay on. If this is what Gaiman describes as sexy vampire apples then yeah baby, BITE ME!

I put just a little dab on at first but it was so light that I had to put my wrist right up to my nose to get a good sniff, finally I gave up and slathered some all over my wrists and the inside of my elbows. This did help it get a little stronger, but that didn't last long and it soon faded again.

The scent itself is a light green apple scent with a touch of mint, honestly I had hoped for something a lot more then this. I guess I am kinda dissapointed, as the scent isn't much on me, and its there one moment and then gone the next :P

In the bottle: Punkie Night

On first application: Punkie Night with Snow-Flakes, a kind of winter version of Punkie with mint added

Drydown: The mint is threatening to overpower the apple, but at first the apple isn't giving up the ghost (so to speak). Eventually, the mint sucks all the apple's ripe potential.

Sadly, I think this will end up going to swaps. But like the apple, I'm not giving up the ghost just yet.

in the bottle: fresh, juicy green apples :P

wet on skin: the yummy apples are still heavy in here, but there's a softer scent in the background- sweeter, definitely snow. it's like eating a crisp apple while sniffing Snow White. :D

dry down: the apple fades and i'm left with a pale ozone. normally i don't like the ozone blends, but this is light enough that it works.

in all: glad that i got a bottle for sure, but i'm definitely swapping the back up!

:D

SNOW, GLASS, APPLES

In Bottle: Fresh, clean and sweet

On Skin: This smells like apples and the original Blue Moon minus the cucumber. It has a clean, crystalline overall feel. Very clear and bright. The apple is dominant, but not in a fruity way… it’s just crisp and juicy. The musk is drop dead sexy, very light, a skin musk. This scent is unisex, I think it would smell fabulous on anyone. It does have a perfumey quality, but nothing generic or mainstream in the slightest. I am not a fan of apple scents, but I LOVE this one if that tells you anything. I love how it is so clean, yet so soft and velvety. It’s very sexy yet elegant, a refined scent for sure. And the bottle art is probably the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen. Medium throw, and average wearlength.

You can sure smell the apples wet, and on the skin for a brief while, but it quickly disappears. I smell an aquatic ozone, not unpleasant, but not me either. This reminds me of CK1, in a way, kind of unisex. I think this would be great on a guy. I was really looking forward to this, based on the reviews, but alas, it is not me.

I am so glad that I got an imp of this.

In imp: Menthol, (kind of like vicks vapor rub) (lightly) mixed with crisp apples.

Wet on skin: Minty apples

Drydown: Light crisp chilled apples.

Overall: Absolutely beautiful. :P I am glad that I have the imp as I will cherish it, but I don't think I need a bottle.

In the bottle: Sharp, cold & crisp scent, tart green apples.

Wet on skin: Still apples, but toned down, with something fresh hiding behind.

Dry on skin: Less apples, very pretty scent, though I don't distinguish the ozone or the mint others seem to have.. It's got more of a 'perfume' feel after the original 'woah apples' scent leaves.

Final thoughts: Lovely! I don't usually go for fruity scents, something that this blend is, but not overly. I bought the set mainly for the book, as I wasn't expecting to like the scent, so I'm very pleased! :P

Edit to add: I got book 400/1000: I loved the story, the artwork is so beautiful...I'm so glad I got this set!

Edited by CreamyJade

This one, at the beginning, definitely reminded me to the Poisoned Apple. Cool, crisp green tart apples. But it's more crystalline, more snowy, colder than PA. For a while during the drydown, it goes into a soapy kinda stage, but it bounces back from that.

Mmm. Vampire apples. I like this, and will keep the decant, but probably not hunt for more.

In the bottle: apples.

Wet: apples.

Drydown: apples and menthol/eucalyptus.

Good throw, low wearlength.

I was really hoping that this would be my signature scent - but it's not. In fact, it gives me a pounding headache! Apples smell lovely, but there is a laundry softener undertone that drowns out most everything else. I'm sure this smells killer on lotsa peeps, just not me. :P