BPAL Madness!
MissAnthropy

Bon Vivant

An effervescent blend of crystalline champagne notes and sweet strawberry.

I'm more or less dressed up as a flapper today, so I thought a champagne infused scent would be just perfect for the whole look.

I don't get any strawberry from this. Just a slight sweetness around the edges of the scent. But I do get a lot of bubbles. Ginger ale levels of bubbles. In fact, there is a ginger ale feel (minus the scent of actual ginger) to this, rather than champagne.

But its not bad. It has a much longer stay than I would expect. I put it on at nine a.m. and its currently dinner time, and I still get whiffs of sparkles.

Its a silly little scent, fun and, well, bubbly.

I just couldnt get into this. Champagne is a bit of a no no note for me, and BPAL's strawberry has never quite made an appearance on my skin. I am sad about this, but gave up on strawberries some time ago.

I got this scent as a frimp from the Lab. I'm glad they threw it my way, because the notes are exactly something I'd like!

First Sniff Impression: Oooh, a bit like ginger ale! Bubbly!

Wet in Vial: This is seriously mind-blowing. HOW do they make a perfume that actually bubbles in your nose like a fizzy drink? It's amazing! It's still a bit more like a good ginger ale than champagne, but it's probably the strawberry giving it that note.

Drying Down on Skin: I'm really in love with this scent already. I always really appreciate the ones that just completely take me by surprise. It's so exciting! The strawberry in this is very dry, like the champagne with a little shot of blush and a strawberry garnish is at a Ren Faire. It's like I can just picture one of those champagne glass towers they do then pour the champagne down so they all fill each other, like that but in the Victorian period or something. It's probably cause there's almost this weird very faint tea rose-type smell as well, that's so incredibly nice.

Dry on Skin: I'm forced to admit this did stay pretty much a solid ginger ale scent, but it didn't bother me at all. It's close enough to champagne to give me a happy, partying feeling wearing it. Sometimes it's really nice to have a scent that stays the same from wet in vial through completely dry, so you know what you're getting into that day!

Conclusion: I might make more notes here once I try two other champagne scents that are on their way to me, but I have to say I'm super impressed with the champagne note here, even though it leaned slightly ginger ale. I mean, I have no idea how they even make *either* of those scents, so I'm not going to complain it isn't 100% perfect! I thought this was an awesome scent.

Wet: Champagne, just poured and still fizzing.

Dry: The fizz has disappeared, but the strawberry has come out. Strawberry champagne.

A nice, fun scent, but not one that I'm in love with.

If you're into champagne scents, definitely try this!

Edited by donkehpoo

At first sniff in the imp, I was both immediately in love, and apprehensive.
Once on my skin I got what I called "Soapy Margaritas" which I liked.
Then someone described the scent as an exact duplicate of 7UP citrus soda. That's when I realized why I was apprehensive.

So my brain is doing a funny back and forth between Soapy Margarita and 7UP. I like it, it's fun and bubbly in a sudsy/soda kinda way c;

This is one I know I've tried before, but apparently I never reviewed it.

In the imp: Mostly champagne with a bit of strawberry.

On my skin: The champagne note is definitely the star here, followed by the strawberry. The strawberry note is stronger on me than it was in the imp, but it has nothing on the strength of the champagne. It's like a flute of champagne with some slices of strawberry thrown in.

Verdict: I'm not a big fan of strawberry, but fans of the Lab's fizzy champagne note and strawberry should enjoy this. I'll stick with Shade, with its wonderful pink grapefruit and champagne.

In the imp: champagne and a hint of strawberry.

Wet: A dry strawberry champagne. Not sweet enough to be ginger ale on me thankfully. The strawberry occasionally jumps out in front, but only for a moment and then it's back to pure fizziness.

Dry: The strawberries have mostly faded away, leaving only a slight sweetness in the champagne.

This has the biggest throw of anything I've tried, only settles down after two hours. Very cheerful and uplifting. I don't think I need more than an imp though.

Disclaimer: champagne and white wine notes go HORRIBLY wrong on me. This proved it.

In the imp: Fizzy strawberry booze!

Worn: For a few minutes, STRAWBERRY, in your face, not very real, but not super-fake either, odd as that seems. There's a hint of champagne behind it. And then, rapidly, it all goes wrong. The champagne promptly turns sour and chemical on my skin. It's not a note I like. It really isn't.

Long term: I had to scrub it.

Overall, avoid if you also have issues with booze-y or white wine type notes. I don't think this is a fault of it being a bad scent, but it's sure AWFUL with my skin chemistry.