BPAL Madness!
savage_rose

Havana

Date palm, dried tobacco, snakeroot, and leather.

This is pretty much nothing but leather on me, with a hint of something cologne-ish. Not sure if I like it or not.

I agree with the previous reviewer. Straight up leather, but at least the scent is soft. Compared to Dee, this is a nice skin scent, while Dee is strident and overpoweringly COLOGNE.

In bottle: Woody and sweet.

On: What?!? Where did cherry tobacco go? Pencil shavings is what is on me!!

Dry: There's still a back note of pencil shavings, but the front note is warm leather. Like the leather; hate the pencil shavings. So sad...

Edited by GuiltyPleasure

This smells kinda woody and green at first. Very lush green though. Not herbal green. I'm supposing that's the palm! I really like this though and didn't expect to!

There is a hint of leather here, but it's not strong, and also the tobacco. But when it's wet it's mainly a green/woodsy scent.

This is probably the second masculine scent I've really really liked, I'm not usually that fond of them but this one is a good one!

Dry it's alot more tobacco scented and loses alot of the greenery, it smells slightly musky too. It's now a browner slightly darker scent. With the tiniest hint of that green element behind.

I think this will be yummy on the boyf!

Bleah, starts with hairspray! That eases up, and I get the leather and tobacco. It's just not doing anything wonderful on me.

Ooh, dark brown smelling blend of thick leather and tobacco. Spicy and cigar-ish just as I was hoping for :) Pretty decent throw and staying power. Keeper, I think!

imp: that sharp leather cologne scent.

wet: a little woody, a little tobacco-y but the leather had vanished.

dry: this is much nicer once dry, it's tobacco and woods notes are beautiful.

In the Imp: Tobacco! This is nice! A little leather too, which I love.

Wet: Umm, it's a little sour now. I definitely smell that date palm, the greenery is very strong and realistic. I also get a tiny bit of bitter tobacco.

Dry: No, no. Bad. Sour. Bitter. Must wash arm!

Out of 10: 2

I hesitate to whiff anything with tobacco in it...this is a sticky date, ripe and fruity with a rooty mustiness at first. Dries quickly though, into the tobacco, wood shavings and leather. Not much to this one on the skin as it becomes very much like men's leather and tobacco cologne. Very dry to the nose.

Rather green and sweet to begin with, dry down is completely opposite though...warm and dry leather with a touch of tobacco and musk over it. Love!

Hm. This should be interesting; never tried date palm or snakeroot directly in a blend, tobacco makes me wary as tobacco flower has a tendency to make a blend smell like my dad's cologne, and leather can be iffy, depending on what it's blended with.

In the imp, I can't smell anything. Nothing. On my skin, there's this faint tobacco smell, but otherwise, nothing. Putting it on the back of my thumb to see if I can get anything, and I get a faint tobacco smell here, but, again, nothing much.

Swaps/sales.

This is like a sweet, almost fruity smoke with added body from the leather. Like a non-flowery tropical city in a haze of cigar smoke, overshadowed by something sinister (that must be the snakeroot, whatever that is--how can something called snakeroot not be sinister?). I've never been to Havana, but this scent goes hand-in-hand with how I imagine it.

Edited by Invidiana

Wet on the skin, I get rooty tobacco. It's a slightly sweet tobacco too.

The leather note begins to emerge on my skin during dry down, eventually replacing the snakeroot.

Fully dry, it's a sweet tobacco leather scent. :D

MMmmm drrrry and sweet. In the imp all the notes are distinguishable, and it's so good :D

I recognize the dry date note from Lovers with Rutting Cats.. I think it smells like parchment, so to me Havana is cigar tobacco and rolling paper.

I love blends like this... I think between Rutting Cats and Port Royal I kinda have this area covered though.. but gosh, it sure is lovely!! :wub:

Frimp from the lab.

The leather doesn't pop on me like others have stated?

I get date, something spicy and banana-ish. Smells a bit like Lush's banana moon on me mixed with tobacco. mmmmhh.. warm, lazy and sun-baked.

Ordered an imp of this because I love palm in other blends, and I wanted to try some of the leathery/tobacco blends. I don't get much in the way of leather, well, at all, really. I get some tobacco, sweet woods, and something a little plant-like, but in a humid-breeze-with-a-hint-of-something-tropical-blooming-in-the-distance way. The floral tainted breeze note dies off over time, and the end result is just smooth and mellow. Havana might be going on my 'love' list in short order.

There's also something very nostalgic about it, to me this is a hot summer night back in Florida.

I got this for the combo of tobacco and leather, both of which I usually love on me.

In the imp: Strong-sweet florals. Hm. Wasn't expecting that.

Wet: No tobacco, no leather, still strong, almost cloying florals.

Drydown: Scent of tropical flowers on a humid night, where the air is thick and bordering on oppressive. Or this could belong in a corner of Rappucini's garden; there's something dangerous about these flowers.

Dry: I waited and waited because I saw tobacco or leather eventually came out for some reviewers after a couple of hours. No luck. Still floral. Still sweet. Still not me.

But, because there are some things I just don't want to give up on easily, I'll see what a little age does to this one. Because I really want it to work, and it wasn't bad, just not anything I'd wear as is.

Wet, the smell of tobacco was overpowering, with a mustiness that almost made me want to wash it off. But oh, I'm glad I didn't!

As it dries, the leather note comes out along with the date palm, and it ends up warm and sweet and earthy. This is definitely one of my favorites!

I love the idea of a leather and tobacco scent, which is why I was really disappointed that Havana doesn't work on me at all.

Wet it smells like really strong cologne. As it dries I can pick out the date palm and maybe a bit of the tobacco, but it's not very strong considering the overall strength of this blend. I'm not entirely sure what snakeroot smells like, but I have a feeling it's that sort of bitter note I'm picking up. No leather on me at all. Overall I find Havana way too strong and sharp for me.

Matches the description well, and I can smell all the listed notes with leather being the strongest. They come together in a cologne-y scent that is far too masculine for me.

This is a soft leather and there's something sweet – yes, tobacco. Mildly sweet and very gently leather... the longer this is on the more almost fruity (reminding me of fig) it becomes. Mmm.... this is really nice. It's almost too subtle but with enough slathering this would be really wonderful.

this was a frimp from the lab. it's surprisingly pretty and feminine, really not what i expected at all. in a way, it reminds me of oscar de la renta's scent, which my grandmother wore. (i've said this about another scent which was a dead ringer.) this one is not a dead ringer, but it's definitely reminiscent of that scent to me. it's soft and almost powdery in a way. it kind of smells like coty powder, like the powder my grandmother's used to wear, so yeah, i'd say this is a very classic scent. i can barely detect the tobacco, i am guessing this is mostly date palm and snakeroot? there is also no leather to be found. this is a powdery, sweet scent. i almost want to keep the imp, but it's not really the type of scent i'd wear.

This is pleasantly sweet and smoky on me, which I didn't expect because I thought it would be glaringly masculine. I barely get any leather. There is something almost caramelly about it though not exactly foody; I think it's the type of tobacco or maybe the snakeroot though I have no idea what snakeroot smells like. It's actually very similar to Pinched on my skin except without the cinnamon that I tend to amp in the drydown. I'm going to have to do a side-by-side comparison.

How lovely! On me this is pretty much exactly like the description. Juicy purpleish red dates with deep smoky tobacco and very smooth and almost unrecognizable leather in the background. I'm a really big fan of dates so I had to try this perfume and it really doesn't disappoint. Super sexy smoky almost peppery date palms with a little bit of warm deep leather grounding everything out. Seeing that it is Ramadan right now and I've been eating dates almost every day, this scent is just really beautiful to me. I may get a bottle eventually!

Is there orris in here? I smell orris. It could be the snakeroot or date palm because I have no idea what they smell like.

So to me this smells like orris plus sweet tobacco. It morphs to a salty cologne after a while. Not a scent for me.