BPAL Madness!

A chilly, bright perfume: flurries of virgin snow, crisp winter wind and the faintest breath of night-blooming flowers.

This is straight up baby wipes on me. I hoped it would transform into the beautiful sweet goodness Id imagined it would be, but no. It's just got worse, every time I get a whiff it feels like a baby wipe is stuck in my throat . Nope

This one started a little play-dohy on me but that went away and now it reminds me a lot of Lush's old shampoo bar Trichommania

It smells coconutty and a little fresh yet powdery, it threatens to go a little plastic on me but hasn't yet

I'll see how this one ages, right now I'm not a huge fan but I also don't dislike it

edit: scratch that, it went full plastic-y on me, noooo

double edit: I've let it age some and the plastic-y went away AND a greenness came out that makes this lovely...it's now a keeper!

Edited by Spaztic

SNOW WHITE 2017

I will start off by saying that Snow White 2008 is my very favorite version, my love. Snow White 2017 is so much like 2008 and I'm so excited!

Snow White is all soft sweet snow, a touch of cold florals, and an absolutely gorgeous vanilla. The vanilla is a teensy bit stronger in the 2017 version, with a hint of greens that I don't detect in the SW 2008. All in all it is an awesome addition to the Snow White family and is right up there with my beloved 2008. If you are debating about trying this scent, or this incarnation, do it! It's beautiful!

I had a bottle of one of the original iterations (back in the cobalt bottle) that I paid a ridiculous sum for because it was HTF, but when I got into BPAL it blew me away so much in the sniffie someone gave me, I had to have it. It was worth it--I adored it, and then perimenopause hit; I'd never smelled anything but snow and that faint hint of florals, so to finally understand what people meant by "plastic" was so devastating. I finally swapped my bottle away, broken-hearted. After a while, I'd see it show up on the Yules each year, and think about trying it again, but menopause has changed my chemistry so much it didn't seem worth it.

With two fragrances making a reappearance this year I wanted, I figured I'd try again, and I'm so glad I did. In the bottle, it's the snow and flowers I remember. When I put it on, I thought oh no, plastic again. That was stupid to try. And then on dry-down, it morphs into the coconut smell, which I'd never smelled before. And then about 15 minutes later, it's settled into snow. I'm so, so happy.

It has an intense throw to me that my original bottle didn't, and it lasts all day on my skin, even longer on my clothing where it touches. In fact, I still have yesterday's on my cuffs and collar! As much as I miss the beautiful cobalt bottle, I'm so glad to have almost the same Snow White as the first one I fell in love with, and that I can wear it once more. This is such a beautiful scent.

This is for the 2017 version.

In the bottle: Sweet snow, with just a touch of coconut

Wet: Now the florals arrive, more green stems than flower petals

The dry-down: As it dries, Snow White's notes blend into a sum that's greater than the whole of its parts. There's the sweet snow, but tempered by the green florals, and mixing with the coconut. (I know coconut isn't listed, but I sniff it each year that I try Snow White.) It's always lovely, but always a little different each year.

2017 version, applied in 83-degree F dry heat

In the Decant: Sweet florals, ozonic.

Wet: Weak white florals, a bit of almond and coconut, still very ozonic. Bit of a dryer-sheet quality to it.

Dry-down: Kind of like when you get out of the swimming pool and your nose is full of chlorine. Something like that. Also, getting that pineapple that others have noted, but it's not overly sweet. Powdery and atmospheric yet sharp if you get a good sniff. I would say Snow White's primary quality is ozonic.

I'd like to try this out when it's actually cold outside, because that's probably its intended use. Low throw, even in this heat and after a sweaty walk through my neighborhood, but good longevity.

Edited by RedPersimmon

2010 version.

This is pretty! In the bottle it’s creamy, coconutty floral with some hint of chill. I don’t need much of this in order to smell myself. Wet, I can understand why people think “plastic”. I think that’s the coldness or the snow spooking before drying down and morphing into actual snow or coldness. . To me it’s cold, creamy, not really floral (I have to say that I’m not familiar with florals, so I’m not sure but I can picture pale flowers). Just delicious and I’m not sure as to what I’m actually smelling other than creamy coconut with some other fun thing. After wearing it for a couple of hours it turns cold. It smells COLD. HOW?! It’s like the scent in the air before the first snow falls. This blend is pretty and it stays for hours.

I love this blend!