BPAL Madness!
shelldoo

Spirit of the Komachi Cherry Tree

Cherry blossom, blue lilac, lavender monofloral honey, white sandalwood, and Asian pear.

It doesn't hurt that I love the label art (I'm a sucker for packaging, no question), but the clean mix of cherry blossom and a hint of lilac with the pear slowly sneaking in underneath makes for a delicious spring scent, which is extremely welcome during this week of snow.

In bottle: This smells very complex in the bottle. I was a little worried about the lavender, but I can't detect that at all. I'm getting the pear, with a touch of honeysuckle and florals. Very pretty!

Wet : I got FRUIT. Like..OMG yummy fruit.

Dry: the florals came out and have battles with the fruit to beat it into submission. Now it's a soft fruity floral that mixes REALLY well. I can also smell the white sandalwood, but it's so gentle mixed with the florals I actually like it (and I HATE sandalwood on me)

8 out of 10

this was a huge surprise to me- a light, sweet, complex floral i can actually wear. it's amazing. when i wear it i find myself wondering, "mmm what smells good?" and what do you know, it's me! i've never had that reaction to a perfume before. it is so bright and spring-like and perfect. my favorite of the salon exhibit iii.

Spirit of the Komachi Cherry Tree is very fresh and clean scent. At first it was very airfreshenerish on me, but the cherry blossoms warmed up on the dry down. It is a fresh crisp spring day in a bottle. Very nice! I can't wait until it warms up a bit outside to wear it! It seems to have great staying power for such a light scent. It is sooo much nicer after it dries down and warms up.

In bottle: Lilac and lavender honey mostly. It smells like something I’d enjoy eating and drinking, if I didn’t know better. Wet: Still quite sweet and now more complexly floral, but the musk of my skin seems to bring out the sandlewood. This is a pleasant enough floral, but I’m not really a floral person. Dry: It does retain it’s richness even as it begins to fade. It remains a pretty purple floral scent. Not my thing, but not it’s fault.

wet, blue lilac and white sandalwood are most prominent, giving a cool tone while honey grounds the whole thing. there is a hint of Asian pear (which is dissimilar to western pears) i cant really smellcherry blossom

dry, this is powdery dry, like a pleasant women's deodorant. all in all, it is very nice, nothing offensive about it, nevertheless there are other cherry blossom bpal blends i would reach for before this one.

The lilac wins here for me.... there is a hint of lavender in the background and the cherry blossom is a lovely fruity touch, but the lilac is most prominent. A beautiful spring floral.

In the bottle: Fruit and flowers with a hint of sandalwood. Very feminine.

Wet: More floral and sandalwood; the fruitiness fades to the background. I can definitely smell the cherry blossom and lilac. The cherry blossom is the strongest note, fittingly enough.

Dry: Cherry blossom still going strong; the other notes have faded alot, other than the honey which is very nice and has come out. Over time though the honey comes out more and more on me (I seem to amp honey, and that's good, bc I like honey) and the cherry blossom fades.

Summary: In the end it's mostly honey on me, with a very tiny hint of cherry blossom - but I like my Gennivre as far as honey scents go more, so this is up for swap. It's a lovely scent though!

I ADORE bpal asian inspired blends (Spell of Amorous Love/Budding Moon/Hanami are all amongst my faves) so I am very excited to dry this blend. There can never be enough cherry blossom blends!

Hmmm. Interesting in the imp. Not grabbing me as much as I'd hoped. It's a little too sweet, but I think it might settle nicely on the skin. And damn, I do love me some cherry blossom.

Hmmm, yes, this is nice. Kind of like a lilac-y, more woody Hanami. But...not as good. I can definitely see why tree is in the title-the sandalwood really comes out on when this is on the skin. I dunno, this just isn't doing it for me. I think it's maybe the honey that is making this just a little sickly sweet.

Overall, this definitely is a very nice blend. Complex for sure-a sweet, woody, asian floral. I don't think I would pick a bottle of this up anytime soon, (I can never see myself reaching for it over Hanami), but if I ever ran out of Hanami (GASP) I could see grabbing for this.

Wet this is glorious. I get cherry blossom, honey (the honey in here is gooooood) and pear. They're grounded by the white sandalwood, which doesn't get dry and acrid here the way it does in some other blends. Unfortunately, it seems to go rather powdery / soapy on me once it dries (though it might just be that the initial test spot is being over whelmed by the more recent application on my pulse points). If I decide I like the dry down this one is a big bottle - it's just so damn good wet!

Sweet and light. Ah, there's the sandalwood, grounding it slightly before it blows away. Light, airy floral with just a hint of the asian pear, and the barest hint of the sandalwood to anchor it.

Very nice.

Except that I don't think I'll actually wear it. I'll put it in my general box and see how often I pull it out to use.

I think I became the happiest person when I realized that this existed. I immediatly knew that it had to be mine. Cherry Blossoms! Asian Pear! A Komachi blend!? Yay for Asian Art History! In the bottle I mostly get cherry blossoms with faint sandalwood and asian pear. On it becaomes and Asian pear and cherry blossom party. Its sweet without not being to much so, could be sweeter actually and its not a foodie blend at all. The pear just adds some depth to it. Love this blend! If you liked Hanami or Cheshire moon this is a must to try!

In vial it's faint cherry, a little plasticy.

On, it's all creamy cherry, which is very delicate and frail.

After an hour it's almost completely gone.

Overall, I love this, but the fact that it doesn't stay on and my skin eats it up, I don't think I can justify a bottle.

Fresh, sweet and light. Feminine in the best way possible. Juicy Asian pear. Really beautiful!

This is very soft and pretty and evocative of springtime! The lavender honey is gorgeous in this blend and really compliments the cherry blossoms, lilacs, and gentle florals. This blend is delicate! Soft, wistful florals that never go soapy! A very accurate olfactory rendering of the ukiyo-e print! Adore this!!!!

This is a beautiful, soft, not in-your-face scent. I gave it a try due to a recommendation on this site for those who like Lush's Sakura. I find this to be very elegant. The Cherry Blossom stays true, on me. I'll be replacing this bottle when done.

The Salon theme is great!

Oh, dear. Initially this smells like...baby powder. Well, that's a little disappointing...when I put it on, more of a fruity floral comes out, more cherry blossoms, but I still get a sense of definite powder underneath. I can't think of what note that might be except the sandalwood...which is normally okay on me, but maybe "white sandalwood" is just my skin's baby-powdery nemesis. It could also be this particular brand of lilac, but I normally like the smell of lilacs! Something is giving this scent an undercurrent of powdery vanilla, and not in a good way.

And it sounded so promising, too! And I do love cherry blossoms, and the hint of those I get from this is very tantalizing, but it's all shot through with this baby-powderish note...blech. I probably need to try some Hanami to get the cherry blossom fix I crave.

Vial: Fresh floral (the freshness probably stems from the pear)

On: At the very beginning, it smells a bit cleanerish, but starts to dry and warm up quickly. Now I'm getting quite a bit of cherry blossom, the rest is currently in the background. As it dries, it mingles with the other notes to form a nice floral. I'm not sure whether I'm going to love it, but I like it.

Later: Something about this (the honey in conjunction with the florals?) reminds me a bit of "Samael", although there are some differences - this is much less "in-your-face" than old Sam. Good memories, definitely. I am tending towards a bottle and will definitely keep my decant.

Very light floral that gets lost in a bit when maybe the sandalwood comes out? So pretty to start with - the lilac & pear play off each other. Yeah - I can see the similarity with Lush's Sakura, but it turns on me. :( Not sure if this is a keeper or not.....

This is not a vanishing scent on me at all it's actually very strong and beautiful. The bottle sniff was pure love for me. It's not typically floral but rather has a cool character that leaves you guessing what it is. The white sandalwood here combined with the pear gives a wonderful illusion of tea. I don't get honey in this at all nor is the cherry blossom prominent. It's just this soft and cool exotic scent that doesn't seem to have seperate components.

This scent smells exactly like the colour of the painting background. A slightly sweet and cool lilac-lavender. A beautiful blend that was instant love for me the minute I sniffed the bottle. I can see I will have to buy multiples of this one and the other salon japanese blends as well. It is perfumey, but not in an obnoxious way, in the way that you recognise it as perfume rather than as food or fruit or fresh flowers. Very sophisticated and understated which is exactly my style of scent.

I love this and am so glad I bought it unsniffed. It loves me too because I put a tiny dab of it on an arm with 2 other scents on it and all I can now smell is Spirit Of The Komachi Cherry Tree. :wub2:

Revisited A full wearing reveals this to be even better on me than I first thought. Thankfully I don't get honey at all. I get strong cherry blossom on a bed of dry white woods. The Asian pear lends an aquatic quality to this and keeps it fresh rather than powdery. I think in pear I have found a fruit I can wear without smelling like juice or fruit salad. It likes my skin and dries down strong and lasts. Yes I will be purchasing multiples bottles of this and it joins Yvaine as one of only two scents I will buy more of. Encouraged by this success I will now purchase the other Japanese salons I am interested in with confidence.

Edited by HamletsKeeper

This is a lovely, light, almost ethereal scent - it certainly conveys the idea of a tree spirit. It's very feminine, and although the notes are light, it actually seems to have quite good throw. It's all light florals in the bottle and wet, but dry I get some soft warm honey that stays close to the skin, and a lightly powdery character from the sandalwood. Very pretty.

In the imp, this smells amazing; cherry blossom, lilac, pear, and honey, I only hope the lavender doesn't come into this. On my skin, it's cherry blossom, lilac, and pear, and oh my, please keep being this awesome. Please. Definitely getting a second, full skin test, here's hoping it keeps it up based on what I've been getting.

On the full skin test, it's that wonderful cherry blossom-lilac-pear combo with an edge of honey. Yeah, this is definitely going to be a bottle, and hpefully sooner rather than later.

Edited by Venneh

In the imp: sweet musky sandalwood. Wet on my skin, it was about the same and I was slightly irritated that I might not get any of the good florals. But wait a minute, florals are starting to appear - mostly lilac at first, but now cherry blossoms with a hint of lavender. It is an extremely light scent, so much so that I'm a little worried about how much will be left on my skin in a few hours. The scent is nice, but I don't feel the need to get a bottle of it.

OMG! Cherry blossom all the way! Why didn't I try this sooner?

I'm not a floral person but I love cherry blossom scent and I love this. And I'm happy that this one smells like cherry blossom on me! First half an hour it's all single note floral, and then turns to slightly sweet floral, with a hint of sandalwood wich, I'm guessing, keeps this scent on my skin. This is one of those scents that feel like they were made for my skin, and even if the cherry blossom is the most prominent, everything is well blended in one great scent. :wub:

Ok this one surprised me. My preconception of how it would smell was quite different. I contribute it to the asain pear and lavender monofloral honey.

Wet: cherry blossom and asian pear with blue lilac and wafts of lavender honey. The sandalwood is there but stays in an auric circle around the rest. Warm light purple color impression. Delicate but inviting.

Drydown: sweet lovely lilac and cherry blossom. Lavender note is not as strong, but whatever honey base was used is still around. It smells creamier than the wet phase..surprising. I thought the asian pear and cherry blossom with residual lilac would have turned this acidic on drydown. It wears very close to the skin and smells quite natural and "pretty". Youthful and pure without being naive.