BPAL Madness!
Vanilla

Lush to BPAL scent comparisons (BNever included too)

Hello ladies. I hope I don't come across as unfair by asking this. But its a fact that most of those here started out from the Lush forum and drifted over because we love the types of fragrances only these two fabulous companies make. So, I wonder if any of you lovely people who already has access to the many amazing BPAL scents can identify ones that smell similar to some of Lush's products? I know there might not be exact matches but a strong resemblance should suffice.

Desdemona has been likend to Potion. Are there others?

Phantasm to Avobath. Any more?

What about my all time favourite Lush shower gel, Tramp? Any similarities?

Anything with the jasmine/vanilla combo like in Naked Underwear & Alkmaar?

In all my crazy hoarding of Lush stuff I know its the amazing smell that's doing me in. If I could only wear half these scents, I'd be the among happiest people in the world.

Thanks peeps. :P

Tramp *drool*

i have been asking this on the Lush forum but for Tramp there is no one similar so far.

Funny thing about Tramp why it should be perfect for BPAL: My boyfriend is Moroccan and Tramp reminds him strongly about the stuff they embalm their dead with. As in Morocco its very hot and people are not burried in a coffin but in a sheet, they use something to prefent the death from smelling :shock: So boyfriend does NOT like Tramp (and i will not bring it with me on holiday to Morocco :oops: )

Ooh good thread :P

I simply adore Lush's Hot Java. Does anyone know if there are any BPAL perfumes that would compliment it? Or even better, one that is similar to it?

I think I might try Phantasm if it's a bit like Avobath.

Does anyone know a BPAL oil similar to Amazonian, or one that would be good to use after using Amazonian as a moisuriser? I find that the Amazonian smell fades quite quickly :P

I've just slathered my hair in Arabian Bright, and was just musing what a wonderful smell that stuff has - I just can't stop sniffing my hands! Is there a BPAL scent anything like it? According to the label on the tub, as well as the henna (I can identify that note for starters!) it also contains 'Frankincense, Vanilla and Perfume.'

I know that the folks at Lush tend to just use the generic term 'perfume' in order to prevent their products being copied, but it doesn't help me to match the scent!

Can anyone help?

Ooh good thread :P

I simply adore Lush's Hot Java. Does anyone know if there are any BPAL perfumes that would compliment it? Or even better, one that is similar to it?

Funny you should ask this. I took a Hot Java bath last Sunday and used Vixen and they compliment each other well. I wouldn't say they are real close, but again they compliment well.

On a different note: I think Skinny Dip compliments Velvet...coccoa vanilla woody/spicy goodness.

Carnivale is perfect with Potion. Very nice together.

I took a Hot Java bath last Sunday and used Vixen and they compliment each other well.  I wouldn't say they are real close, but again they compliment well.

Thanks for the suggestion! Will try to remember to get myself a sample of that.

For those who like Lush's utterly gorgeous and divine limited edition Snowcake soap* (heaven in a bar) I recommend Eclipse (Bewitching Brews). I personally find they compliment each other. However, it (Eclipse) is a very strong scent though, so a little goes a long way. :P

* Thank the gods it comes back every year. This combination of BPAL and Lush is lovely.

Edited by red_jezebel

I used my Fever bar as an all-over moisturiser this morning, and I've found it compliments Tamora very well - again it's not a scent match, but they do smell nice together (several people have already said 'ooh - you smell nice!)

I would say Three Witches goes extremely well with Pied de Pepper and Skinny Dip.

They're certainly not similar scents, but I wore Virgo a couple days ago after washing with the Merry Christmas limited edition soap (which is pine to the infinite power), and it worked surprisingly well. Piney and earthy definitely get along.

Does anything smell similar to Stupid Cupid?

I can't even remember what scents are in it, but I do know that it is my favourite Lush thing ever.

I have two hidden away.

as well as... whic BPAL scent is most similar to the dear departed Gavarnie?

I seem to remember reading something smelled like Floating Island - does anyone know what this was?

Also, is there anything like Elixir? I'm almost tempted to send a teeny bit to Elizabeth, in the hopes she'll fall in love and produce a perfume of it!

Embalming Fluid has a lemonish scent that would go well with Veganese and Hybrid.

Old Madrid reminded me of the Karma scent. I think it was the mimosa/orangey scent. Also, they both have a bit of spiciness/earthiness to them.

Both Snake Oil and Hellcat would go well with Sympathy for the Skin.

One large.. hello!

I'm in love with Temptation soap from Lush at the moment. Beautiful but fleeting scent of apples and a touch spice.

I used to adore "Apple" perfume oil from The Body Shop which they dont make anymore. :P

Is there an appley bpal?

Cheers!

Is there an appley bpal?

Welcome, Skallywag! Jester is nothing but apples on me, but I think it's just my skin being weird, because there's no apple in the description. I haven't worn Eve yet, but it's apples and roses, with a drizzle of honey. Delirium has apple, rose and lemon (also haven't tried that one), and there's a single-note apple blossom oil that's probably worth a look.

Hope this helps!

I used Sympathy for the Skin today with Hollywood Babylon and they seem to compliment each other in a vanillary way :P

Can anyone who has tried B Never's Keep It Fluffy recommend a similar BPAL scent?? Its quite sweet (vanilla,rose & ylang ylang are in there) and has a powdery sense to it. Sorry I'm not very good at descriptions!! :P :D

Many thanks, Claire xxx

according to the search, there aren't any perfumes whose descriptions have all three, but eve, glasya, phantom, despair, and silentium amoris have rose and ylang-ylang.

Snowcake may not be here to stay, BUT you can still stock up on it if you order through the Canadian Lush website. I just got 5 bars yesterday. Same with Angel's Delight.

Don't call to order them, though. They'll tell you they're out of stock.

Thank you for the recommendation about Eclipse!

I've used "O" with Honey I Washed the Kids and it works nicely.

What a great thread ... add me to the long list of Lushies who are also looking for complimentary scents (I am just not big into Karma or Ginger, and "my signature scent," Andiamo by Borghese, has long since been discontinued so I am on my personal holy grail to find something new ... BPAL seems to be the place even ifit takes me a few orders to find the right thing!)

I did order Veil, Twilight and Envy as well as a random six imps ears and look forward to getting them ...

But can anyone tell me if there are any BPAL scents remotely like Waving Not Drowning, my very favorite Lush scent???? Or Ice Hotel?

Someone mentioned Pain being like Ice Hotel and I hadn't ordered it because I didn't know what pennyroyal was but maybe I'll get lucky and it will show up in my imps ear since I mentioned I loved lavender and mint!!!

But Waving Not Drowning ... now THAT would be a scent I'd love (lavender, Ylang-ylang, fennel and orange blossom but not quite as flowery as it sounds).

according to the search, there aren't any perfumes whose descriptions have all three, but eve, glasya, phantom, despair, and silentium amoris have rose and ylang-ylang.

Hello!! Thank you for replying!! I've got Eve and Silentium Mortis on my (ever growing) wish list so I'll definitely be buying those in the near future!!

Thanks again, Claire xxx