BPAL Madness!
edenssixthday

The Deep Ones

Black algae, drooping seaweed, salty brine, and crushed coral.

Aquatics are not my thing, generally. This was a frimp and when I saw it was recently discontinued, I decided to try it. And at first it went well -- much brighter than I expected from the description. I think lovers of aquatics would really like this. But as it dried down, I got more salty seaweed smell combined with a soapy feeling that together started to turn my stomach, which was already not doing so well with my simultaneous test of The Chicken-Legged Hut, and I had to wash it off. Oh, well.

Out of the bottle: Lotus, I smell lotus. And something dark and murky, I can smell the saltiness and the wetness of this one.

On my skin it goes much more salty and musky. There is a soapiness but I think I might like aquatic scents, this one is clean smelling but mysterious. Like jumping into a cold ocean at dusk.

After it dried: It's sweeter and cleaner smelling, there's that musk again. It's more seabrine-y and frothy. I like it more on my skin than I thought I would.

i think this is pretty masculine, at least on me and to my nose. it's a great aquatic, exactly as the name suggests, it is deep. it's definitely salty, what a merman would smell like. i may give it to the boyfriend to try out.

Oh nooo absolutely not :ugh:

I've had my imp for about 2 years and when i first got it it was straight up low tide at the docks. Not fun.

It's mellowed over the last year and is nowhere near as intense now, and i can see how it could turn into the nice aquatic that other people have experienced, but it's still a scrubber for me.