BPAL Madness!
Ina Garten Davita

Poisoned Apple

A perfect, lovely, gleaming red apple whose sweetness masks a swirl of narcotic opium, oleander, and hemlock.

In The Bottle
Crisp, sweet apple with a slight dustiness.

On Application
As Above

Dry Down
The dusky herbiness of the hemlock and a touch of the opium start to come out and give this a nasty (in a good way) edge. Later the opium nudges the apple to the background (but it's still there) and gives a nice round sweetness. Very little staying power and throw. Yes I like it but wish it would last longer.

Rating (0-5)

I just got a bottle of this today and wow do I love it! To me I smell just ripe red sour Apples! But my allergies are bad so I can't wear it right now :P

Beth this is amazing and I love it. Thank you for making this one!!

Woagghrrr.

My mum has this christmas decoration, it's a dark dark red apple, covered in some kind of velvety looking but slightly prickly to the touch fabric. The fabric has a slight dusting of glitter. It looks like a luscious, red apple, slightly otherworldly and a tiny bit dark.

That is exactly how Poisoned Apple smells.

It makes me think of walking through dark dark woods following the scent of smoke, and entering a clearing. A half fallen down cottage, which can only belong to a witch, belches the smoke from its chimney and the smoke is purple and so dark it is nearly black. The smoke is not of a wood fire, it is the smell of spells and witchery and dark enchantments.

In front of the cottage is an orchard, and the cold wind rattles the dry leaves on the twisted branches. Left on one of the trees is one perfect, blood red apple. Plump and shining and promising all manner of delights if only you were to sink your teeth into its velvety surface.

I LOVE this smell. I want to move into the cottage, and be the witch and eat nothing but magic apples like this all day.

Its no use, I need a full size of this to be able to live.

I love that the major smell in this smells like a *real* apple, and not some bizarre "green apple flavor." It smells like the peel of a dark red apple. The other notes serve to make it sugary and a bit dusty. Overall, very nice.

A wonderfully perfect, evil, dangerous apple. It's red, but tart. Not a terribly complex scent, but lovely all the same.

I love love love this.

I never thought I would like apple scents until I discovered bpal's apple. But not all their apples. Certain ones (Ladon, I'm looking at you) end up smelling like apple scented hair shampoo (?). But I fell in love with Snow Glass Apples and I loved Coral Snake.

This I might actually like more. (did I say that???)

It smells like a true, fresh apple. More of the peel than the fruit, but nice and tart with just the right amount of sweetness. But lurking behind the apple is something dark with an evil bite. I'm so happy this doesn't go funky on my skin.

In my locket it is definitely more apple, but the darkness is still there and it's a interesting mix of freshness, playfulness, and sensual evil.

I have a feeling all my other bottles will be very lonely for a while. This will certainly be more than a dirty fling. :P

This has quickly become one of my very favourite scents-- crisp, cold apples with that touch of poison, which I imagine is the hemlock and opium mixture. There's something quite sinister and seductive about this scent, and I could not love it more. I used up my imp in a matter of days and just had to order a bottle. Now I'm thinking I ought to get 1 or 2 more for back ups!

In the imp all I smelled was ripe apple. It wasn't freshly ripened apple, but the kind that sits on your kitchen countertop past its shelf life while creating a a thick, sweet air around it. When I applied it, the scent soured a little bit. Again, not a fresh sour, but something that felt more indicative of fermentation (cider?). As it dried I felt like it was apple rotting on my skin after someone had taken one bite from it.

Apple is a note I can do without, but the prospect of having it blended with hemlock and opium made it sound doable. Unfortunately it didn't. It might have worked for me if the apple was nested in more wood, herbals, and resins. So I'm passing on this scent.

Wet this is crisp, cold, sweet apples. When first on this smells more like apple juice than the flesh of the apple. This is a red apple with white flesh. After a few minutes, the apple softens and a sweet vanilla note starts to develop. This starts to fade after about an hour and now it smells like a plain apple single note. This is a nice pure apple blend. I think this will be perfect to wear in cooler weather.

Lovely, fresh, crisp apple with a BITE. For some reason, this was very strong on me. I put just a little on each wrist, and I was still smelling it strongly almost 25 minutes later. It's very beautiful, but I have to be careful with it!

Imp: Pure apple

Wet: red apple

Dry Down: apple scent mingles with a very light floral scent

Very fresh, clean scent

A must for apple lovers. :P

Very harsh true apple peel. Almost bitter but not quite unbearable but it's very strong all around. This makes Sga look even less appley!! This is harsh apple and I thought I would enjoy this a lot more...I'm surprised at how strong and bitter a fruit note can be. Dries down to something lightly perfumey and not really memorable.

In the imp:Red apple, but with something dirty behind it. The opium?

Wet: Sweet red apple. The other scents are already fading.

Dry: Red apple, but this fades really quickly.

Overall: This is the Hesperides but with green apple instead of golden apple. And this fades more quickly. If I should wear apple, I'd wear the Hesperides not this, as I am not a fan of apple smells.

To me this is like a floral Hesperides (which, btw, I adore). Thusly, I adore this one, too!

In the imp, it's a red, ripe apple - have you ever walked past a bowl of apples on your table and smelled that sort of warm, very slightly drunk apple smell that outgasses from the fruit when it's ripe and sweet? That is what I think of when I smell the perfume. Underneath that are some interesting notes, some floral, and something... sharp and slightly evil smelling, which could definitely be the poison part of the oil's name. I'm not having a good day when it comes to word usage, apparently.

On my skin, this is a warm, sweet ripe apple with a floral undertone that is sweet and smoky and a bit sharp at random moments -- i.e. it lives up to its namesake beautifully. It's absolutely amazing. As it wears, it almost has a slightly sugary smell beneath it, which, if we're thinking poison, would be a good "disguise".

On far drydown, the apple is still present, albeit much mellower, and there is a warm, slightly sweet (but not too sweet) floral left with a hint of sugar. It's still fantastic. It doesn't last long, though. I've applied twice in 2 1/2 hours.

Throw: mild, and on my skin, it doesn't last very long.

Overall: 4/5; 1 deducted because it doesn't linger long enough! That said, I can't wait to try this in a scent locket. I'd consider this worthy of a 5ml purchase if I didn't already want to try more blends than I can use in the next 5 years. :)

Edited by obsidienne

Oh yum. This is the reddest, most perfect, crispest apple EVER. And slightly dangerous--the opium comes out as it dries and although it's not OH HAI OPIUM like some blends are it gives the apple a more mysterious edge. A bit of floral grows stronger the longer I wear it, too. This is the best apple BPAL I've tried bar none and makes me wish I'd been able to try Snow, Glass, Apples--I imagine it smelling like this! Lovely.

In the Imp: A dusty old apple

Wet: A crisp, juicy apple! What a switch.

Drydown: I need to really *really* get my nose down in there to find the herby smell. I also don't know what the opium note smells like, but there's definitely a touch of something else in there with the clean apple. Its second phase kind of loses the apple but it stays nice. I think I'm smelling the opium now because the topnote is not herbal nor is it apple anymore. Still pleasant.

Overall: Not a huge amount of throw, which I kind of regret. It could be a very crowd pleasing scent (unlike my beloved Mania, which sends my Aunt in to a grimmace). Doesn't last too long, either but it's nice while it's there!

I got this as a frimp with a lab order containing Verdandi, another apple scent. The dustiness in the imp put me off at first but this is really quite nice. Will have to try out Verdandi before picking the top apple scent, but this is a very nice scent that's easy to like.

:P

In the imp it is true sweet apple. This is definitely RED apple, not the crisp green sharpness of a Granny Smith.

Wet on skin: HI APPLE. This is an apple that is just a few days past its prime; it is ripe, almost heavy, and sticky. Soon the fruit flies will show up, but not yet. This is a heavy, sweet velvety apple.

Drydown: amazingly, the apple is staying, and it's a true apple, not apple scented anything. The herbaceous note is peeping in from the back, but isn't strong, and you have to get really close to smell it.

Verdict: I like it. I have a feeling the throw and wearlength will be better than SGA, so I'm happy. :D

Out of 10: 8.5

In bottle: This really does smell like fresh pressed apples, like the orchard of my childhood. Wet: There really is something dark under that apple scent. It takes a while for the opium to come out. The flowers are gentle, but present. Dry: apples and flowers with a hint of opium. Nice enough.

In the imp it's a gleaming red apple, fresh and juicy, with just a hint of darkness. A smidge of smokey flavoring in the background which I'm guessing is the opium.

Wet it keeps that super fresh apple scent, but I seem to be detecting a hint of spice. This scent seems to disappear into almost nothingness on my skin... Hopefully it's just a phase and will pop back later

After a while it's a slightly astringent apple. Still very faint though. Oddly enough, after about three hours of a faint wafting apple scent, I start to get... lipstick... Dang! I bet this would do lovely in a locket for me though :P

wet: holy apples batman! tangy, juicy, and delicious. it's turning tart, powdery, and herbal.

the sweet juiciness of the red apple is being pushed out by hemlock, opium, and oleander.

Imp: straight up dark red apple with a bit of herbs in the background.

On my skin: juicy red, super-sweet apple at first, and then it gets lighter and less sweet as it dries, and it turns more of a white floral that must be the oleander. This is very nice, but it fades rapidly - less than five minutes on a swipe and it's nearly gone. The starter whiff is pretty awesome, though.

In the imp: Macintosh apples, a whole bushel of them, being peeled so you can really smell the peels and the juice.

Wet: Hm. This apple peel is rotting, or something. It actually smells like I set the bushel down in a muddy backyard for a while, then brought them inside -- apple, but also dirt, like a garden, like mud.

Drying: The dirt has been mostly washed off of these apples now, though I can still smell the stems and leaves, a hint of bitterness. Not bad, but not delicious -- it smells mostly like the pile of apple skins left over after you've made a pie.

Poisoned apple is red and juicy and it becomes sweeter and sweeter on me with time. I love any apple blend and this is no exception. :bunnyluv: