BPAL Madness!

An ethereal bouquet of night-blooming flowers. Evening primrose, ruellia, flowering nicotiana, wild petunia, panani-o-kai, night phlox, night gladiolus, moonflower and the elusive scent of Nottingham Catchfly.

Wet, this is SOUR and astringent and it smells like vinegar or mustard seed. I almost want to wash it off... but I'm going to wait it out for the dry down.

When it finally calms down, it blooms into a lovely floral bouquet and it turns to something I could love. Though, no matter how nice dry, I don't know if it's worth the nose-hair singing of the first half hour. *still coughing* :ack: Well, even if I loved it, it's d/c'd anyway, so perhaps it's for the best that this wasn't a stunner.

wet, my first sniff from the imp gave me a weird sour note, but subsequent sniffs, fortunately, were gradually much nicer!

"like walking through a garden at night" is right; this is a beautiful floral, unique & unlike any other florals i currently own. i can't pick out any one floral note & likely would not even know there are florals in here but for the throw(!), which carries a lovely, soft bouquet. i am also/mostly getting something cedary as well as something aquatic up close to the skin; a light rainfall in the forest. (a cool spring/night time rain was my very first impression of this oil, in fact; an immediate keeper for me.) that cedar, as well as something darker & sharper that i can't identify, almost give this oil a masculine feel for me, but it is gentled by the floral throw and that sweet soft rain. just gorgeous.

In the bottle: floral but not, for my taste, overwhelmingly floral

Wet: I'm surprised. The first time I tried this scent it turned to powder. Now, for the moment at least, it is a fine mixed bouquet

Dry: For over twelve hours, the scent remained a smooth mixed floral. I tell myself I can pick out the moonflower but I don't think that is accurate. The notes are too mixed for my poor nose to discern. Above all, this scent is smooth, finished.

I never caught a hint of a sour note.

Wet, very strong and perfumey, but in a good way, if that makes sense. At a loss to figure out the florals, but I'm kind of getting violet and some musk. Dryer, this really smells 'watery', but also in a good way. This ends up being a wet floral, though I do like it, not enough to track down more.

Midnight was unlikely to work on me, but I try everything that passes through my hands just on principle. Sure enough, a bouquet of night blooming flowers is not my thing. I don't know most of these notes (Nottingham catchfly??) but this is a heady floral, less delicate than what I think of as white floral, a little tangier. Purple-green floral? Tobacco flower can be very sharp on me, and I think I can make out some of that effect here. Once it dries down it's actually very pretty; I just don't wear florals.