BPAL Madness!
Tramp

Grr

Headache relief.

I suffer from extremely bad and constant migraines. I've tried EVERYTHING on the market, prescription and non.

While this won't kill a migraine, often times I've found that it will stop one from developing. When I get the prodome twinges, I apply to my temples and wrists and the base of my skull and a dab on each wrist. Then I lie down, if possible. It helps SO MUCH.

This was one of the best things I've ever invested in and a perfect complement to my Imitrex.

Minty goodness. Where I put it, I can feel the cool tingling of a slight numbing. The mint smell is particularly good if I'm feeling a little nauseous along with my headaches, like I do sometimes - it settles my stomach too. It's a nice, pleasant, clean smell that's comforting when I'm feeling bad. As for effectiveness, I find that it's good for smaller headaches, but not as good as something like Tiger Balm for bad headaches, and not as good as panadol. However, I did like it enough to get a bottle for two reasons: it's nice to use for smaller headaches, where I don't want to medicate or go the tiger balm route; and the mint smell is very pleasant, especially if I'm feeling queasy.

This one totally kicks my darling wonderful husband's headaches asses! I wish I had a gallon of the shizz :P Totally one for the medicine cabinet section of your BPAL stash :D

This scent is just delightful. Minty and clear, sweet and light. Very uplifting and soothing at the same time. One of my favorites to turn to for relief of minor tension headaches and sleep deprivation muzziness.

Like other reviewers have said, this is not for heavy-duty killer migraines, but it's great at stopping a minor tension headache from becoming a crushing migraine.

Edited by alianthe

Well, I learned one thing with GRR: not to put it in my diffuser. At first, I love the mintiness that I get from this, but soon turns into something that makes it incredibly difficult to breathe...and then I smell - BO?? I'm glad this doesn't happen when I wear GRR, which will have to be what I do with it. I sort of like breathing. :P

This is a highly menthol/mint combination, very aggressive but it has an herbal/medicinal component to it. Pretty strong throw.

I really love this scent and I can see it being very effective. I am going to have to find me some more!

I used to have a bottle of Olbas Oil. I swiped it on my forehead and sinuses when I was congested. This makes Olbas Oil look like a wus! Holy crap! I'm literally crying right now. It was the sinus part that put me over the top.

That aside, it's freaking wonderful! Very fresh and minty, a sharp, zing! scent.

Olbas oil! :D Extra Strong Mint Imperials! Seriously strong peppermint, but sweet & smooth, with a good dose of eucalyptus to keep things from getting cloying. There's a trace of something else deep & green - maybe pennyroyal, or geranium - but just a hint.

Deeelish, and very effective in clearing up my sinus headache (swiped on the back of my hands & inhaled regularly) :P

i had developed a headache as i was getting ready for will-call, that three 800mg motrins and a vicodan didn't quite manage to kill all the way.

once there, i sniffed this on a whim, and the last remnants of my headache VANISHED, almost immediately. as i liked OOF as well, i may get the imp pack first, but i should just buy a bottle as my husband tends to get some debilitating headaches. not much i remember of the notes, but wanted to put in my .02 that it works.

Edited by butcherbaby

This is an absolute essential of mine. It is a sweet minty marvel that sears through most of my headaches, tingling away the pain and numbing the area around it. There are some mega, gigantor migraines that even GRR can't get rid of but, really, it is wonderful - beating pure peppermint, the Origins one and Tiger Balm. Love it.

Whenever I get a throbbing headache now, I dab a touch of Grr onto the palms of my hands, rub them together, cup over my nose, and breathe really deeply. My headaches get stopped dead in their tracks.

I'd really love a bottle of this, works so well and smells so good!

I woke up with a tension headache from grinding my teeth in my sleep. Since I had just received my imp of Grr in the mail I decided to give it a try and dabbed a bit behind both my ears. My headache didn't disappear but it did lessen and I found myself relaxing muscles that had been tense since waking up. It definitely has a peppermint base but there is something else there lurking in the background. I think I'm going to have to order a bottle and try a few of the more oil heavy remedies mentioned in this thread.

Very pepperminty and soothing. It's a similar peppermint to "Lick It" but without the sweetness.

I get headaches about every other day, and this oil has more of a zing than just simple peppermint oil.

I agree with the other reviewers that this is not just peppermint. I smell some basil and I think there is other stuff, but I am somewhat stuffed up because of the flu right now. Given that this is for headaches, I would have expected some lavender. It might be in there, but I'm not picking it up right now.

I am using it to combat the nausea the flu is causing and it helps (as I knew the peppermint would).

For tension headaches, I would try putting this on the muscles that are tense. It does give a lovely cool tingly sensation that should help. Especially if your jaw muscles are tense.

I will need to get a bottle of this for certain.

This smells like a blend of Peppermint, Spearmint, and a teeny amount of Chocolate Mint to me. It isn't "sweet" by any means, it is chilling and cooling. But it has the same richness that the chocolate mint in my garden has, along with peppery peppermint and the sweeter spearmint.

edit: Later that night... I also second that there might be pennyroyal in this. I'm getting that vibe now. I use pennyroyal EO on bug bites. :D And lavender EO too.

Edited by TwilightEyes

I suffer migraines, a lot of them exacerbated by smells (and light, hurray.) -- I have to say this stuff is a godsend. I have an imp, but I'll need to order a bottle.

In the vial: cool, crisp peppermint

Wet: strong peppermint, with some background scents I can't quite identify. When I am having a headache, those background notes are stronger, but my brain isn't quite up to analyzing those. On the skin, there's a mild tingling sensation which is very cooling.

Dry the scent fades to a light peppermint, which usually ends up scenting my pillowcase if I'm taking a nap.

As the previous commenter mentioned, this doesn't cure my migraines, but sometimes it feels like it fends them off - or provides a pleasant scent to counter any scent-overload problems I might be having.

one word: miracle.

it's not a cure, but it's the quickest relief to take the edge of a migraine or a headache i have ever found. i need a bottle of this, like yesterday. i actually find it a bit sweet, which is lovely. and cooling too. i decanted my imp into a little 1ml roller bottle, and use it to rub on my temples, works wonders. =)

This was very soothing. Mint and something else. I had a bit of a headache when I put it on, and it worked. A little cold to wear for perfume for me, but it's practical applications seem to be quite effective.

Cool, calming and very refreshing.

I smell good enough to eat. Mint Chocolate Chip Ice-Cream :P MMmmmmmmmmmmm

Colourless oil. Fairly strong and medicinal peppermint and quite possibly some other mints. It reminds me a lot of my Trader Joe's peppermint toothpaste.

Refreshing, mentholic, sinus-cleansing and invigorating PEPPERMINT. A bit less sweet on my skin. Still reminds me strongly of my toothpaste, but I really like my toothpaste so it's a pleasant association. It makes me feel very clean and fresh! It also reminds me of this peppermint caffeinated breathspray I have, and it has a little of that spray's bitterness, as soft of an afternote.

Strong cooling sensation on my skin as it dries, almost as strong as Ugh's. It goes oddly plastic on me, like old gum, or peppermint gum that has been chewed for a long time.. In fact it's almost waxy with a weird dustiness - definitely a dry wood of some sort though I can't identify it. Oddly dusty wood and plasticky dried peppermint toothpaste. Initially has decent throw but fades very rapidly to almost nothing.

Strong and minty, good for tired headaches and sinus clearing menthol for colds. This should be in every medicine cabinet.

Love the Grr! It's super-minty and cheerful. I haven't used it for headache relief, I've been using it more as a pick-me-up. Works great for that!

Edited by Gin

Origin: Ordered the 3-imp pack with a decant circle.

Initial Thoughts: Every once in a while I get a whopper of a headache (though without the starry vision or nausea of a full migraine). Since I wanted the sinus relief Oof, I went ahead and got the pack.

In the vial: Very bracing, chilly peppermint. I think I also get a bit of eucalyptus as well.

Wet: Skin contact warms up the peppermint quite a bit and it develops a quiet background of herby quality.

Drydown: Not a whole lot of morphing. But after several deep inhales, the stress headache after an afternoon of rushing from meeting to meeting to meeting is a little less there. If I were to apply on my temples and rest a bit it would probably knock the pain out. Alas, I have to fetch the child instead.

Verdict: Glad to have the imp and we'll see if a bottle becomes necessary.

In the bottle - Sharp refreshing spearmint

Wet on me - Mint and I think geranium

Dry on me - My headache actually seemed to get worse after I applied this but unfortunately it (the blend) disappeared quite quickly

Overall - Didn't really work for me