BPAL Madness!
Tramp

Green Tree Viper

Snake Oil with four mints, bergamot, and green tea.

In the imp, a fresh scent from the bergamot and tea notes, over the syrupy sweetness of the vanilla. Yes, this is green.

Very fresh Snake Oil often has an almost camphor-like sharpness to it, and so does Green Tree Viper when it is first applied. I think the bergamot and mint, which can both be sharp notes, are strengthening that effect.

That sharpness smooths out pretty quickly, though, and I’m left with the lightness of the tea, the mint, and the bergamot swirled with the vanilla of Snake Oil. In this blend the vanilla is noticeably more prominent than the spices.

I love tea, citrus and mint notes for warm weather, so I was almost sure this would be a winner. I wish it were a little stronger, but I think aging will take care of that. Green Tree Viper is a perfect summer Snake Oil blend.

The mint and green tea are the clear standouts on my skin. I like the smell of snake oil, but I find it a little too much for everyday wear, so I was really hoping one of these Snake Pit blends would tone it down enough for me to get that vibe without overwhelming the people in my office. I think this smells really fresh and zingy. I think I like it, but I don't know that I LOVE it. I'll probably try it a few more times and see how I feel in it all day.

Where I'd wear it: A sunny, outdoor summer festival

It reminds me of pillow mints, but with a Snake Oil support. It's a pretty sweet mint combination with maybe a breath of tea, but the Snake Oil almost corrupts it. It isn't a bad thing, but it does take a pretty cheerful and perky mint and twists it a bit. The spices linger the most after a few hours of wear. Most of the mint is worn down and there's just a chilled breath of spiced tea left over.

2016 version review

Mint tea and a snake oil base. I wish the mint stuck around, but its definitely minty tea. Vanilla mint tea. Good throw and wear length.