BPAL Madness!
cranberry

Lilies & Lily of the Valley

The most lily-of-the-valley scent I've found (and I've tried just about everything in the GC at least) is.... Squirting Cucumber. Depending on how impressionable you are to scent names, you might have to psych yourself out of thinking it smells like cucumber, but really, it has a light and sweet and very fresh lily of the valley scent. Get an imp, check it out!

I thought it was just me having weird skin chemistry - Squirting Cucumber smelled exactly like lily of the valley on me too when I tried it.

So I just tried Zorya, and it is AMAZINGLY Lily of the Valley-ish on me. As in, it reminds me of the Jessica McClintock fragrance that was so popular in the early '90s.

Still looking for a signature scent.

Finally I have found out that I am into floral scents and my husband thinks floral scents are the most feminine and suitable for a woman.

Among flowers I think that lily (not the lily of the valley) is the most unique and attractive. Something like the lilies of the flowerist with a good throw.

I searched for the lily in BPAL perfumes and I have come across with the ones:

Ave Maria Gratia Plena: Rosewood with Sicilian lemon peel, red Mysore sandalwood, pale musks, sweet mountain sage and a dusting of lily, night-blooming jasmine and orris. (unfortunately out of stock)

Languor: Paperwhite and black narcissus, three lilies, black poppy and tuberose and a hint of hypnotic opium den haze.

Prague: Crocus with snowdrop and three lilies.

Reaper and Flowers: longiflorum lilies, white rose, chrysanthemum, and carnation.

Vodoo Lily: A breathtakingly exotic, wild, and grossly erotic spicy gold, purple-black, and burgundy lily.

Black Lily: Breathtaking darkness, a vision of gracein shadow.

Cobra Lily: Sharp, heady and viciously carnivorous.

Black lily sounds good but I have not tried any bpal that contains lily.

Any suggestions???

I have tried Prague, The Reaper and the Flowers, Black Lily, and Cobra Lily. Out of those four, I would say that Black Lily (on my skin at least) is the closest to a pure lily scent. Cobra Lily is great if you want a more "green" scent. The other two are lovely florals, but they don't scream "lily" to me.I also recommend trying a number of them, because your skin chemistry is probably different than mine.

I agree with Garnet that Prague is not a strong lily scent, but it is a breathtakingly beautiful floral. I'm not sure if it's the crocus or the snowdrop that's predominant, but it's lovely.

You could also consider Lampades (Cranberry with smoky dark lilies, heady, sensual musk, a tingle of ginger and a brush of Mediterranean spices), Juliet (Sweet pea with stargazer lily, calla lily, heliotrope, honeysuckle, white musk and a touch of fresh pear), and Victoria (Graceful vanilla musk, tea rose, and stargazer lily).

I love lilies also. Tiger Lily is/was the most amazing lily scent ever, but it is so rare since it has been discontinued even imps are hard to find. I love The Lilies and Languors of Vice for lily - (Calla lilies and lily of the valley with white lilac, narcissus, osmanthus, asphodel, and Egyptian musk). - I know you said you don't like lily of the valley, but it might be worth a try.

Edited by AmandaKay

I think Sea of Glass is an aquatic lily scent--I definitely get a sense of lilies from it, though the aquatic is a bit piercing on me. Still, it strikes me as almost regal, so you might want to give it a try!

I love the scent of Casablanca Lilies.

It's listed as a note in OLLA's June 23,1886. I just got a bottle of that yesterday, it smells like a gorgeous floral, but I'm not (yet) getting my beloved Casablancas. I'm hoping time (whether in dry down on my skin, or aging the bottle as a whole), will bring it out. In the meantime, I got to noticing that it's not listed anywhere else in the Lab, and wondered why.

Any suggestions for scents that come close to Casablancas?

Bumping to recommend The Mirror: White lilies gilded by sparkling grey amber, Oman frankincense, pink pepper, raw white clove, and white musk.

It's such a beautiful blend on me, with lily, grey amber, and white musk the most prominent notes.

The Magician's Garden is rose of sharon and lily of the valley and despite that simplicity of notes, it's an elegant stunner. chionophobia is another lily of the valley/muguet fave, as is the snow queen hair gloss, shards of looking-glass.