BPAL Madness!
edenssixthday

Three Gorgons

Egyptian amber, mandarin, tangerine, black pepper, tobacco, and vetiver.

On the skin: Amber and mandarin! A smooth sexy orange! I can also detect a trace of spiciness in there. :wub2: Thankfully I don't smell any of the vetiver. I want to say that in a way this reminds me of Cabaret.Goth. I'll need to test them side by side one of these days.

This one is really nice now, but I think it will be even better after a month or so.

-ETA- Just not for me. All the notes in this one are just a bit too high pitch for me if that makes any sense. I like blends that are a bit deeper.

This reminds me of something, but I can't think of what. It's a bit spicy, a bit fruity and a bit resiny, but so perfectly balanced that it is it's own entity. It does smell a bit like other orange blends, namely Lilith vs. the Giant Crab, Jingo Kogo and Cabaret Goth as mentioned. I really like this and will definitely use up my imp.

I get the tiniest faintest bit of orange and pretty much nothing else. And, I know my chemistry devours bpal and makes it stick close to my skin, but this was ridiculous. From the second it was on I could barely smell it, and it lasted...idk half an hour? Huge disappointment. Hopefully will be able to rehome :/

I'm so delighted I was able to swap for a partial of Three Gorgons. I love Klimt, I got to see the Beethoven frieze in person last fall, and Beth nailed it for me. Amber always strikes me as old-fashioned, in the best possible way, and I feel like this is something one of Klimt's elegant patrons (or lovers) might have worn. I get soft mandarin, sweet amber, warm tobacco and rich spice -- I would have guessed there was saffron in this, and I would not have guessed there was vetiver. This is the mildest-mannered vetiver I have encountered, so don't be afraid to try this if vetiver is your bugbear. I love amber blends, and this is a beauty. And although I don't get much throw, it does last well on my skin.

Gustav Klimt, Beethoven Frieze, detail, 1902. Secession Building, Vienna

76f9fe9374eb32f4a529b97d26b66713.jpg

ETA image since link in first post isn't working for me

Edited by Lucchesa