Wet on skin:
minty chamomile herbiness

Drydown:
chamomile and herb blend - almost lemony

Wearlength:
holds on decently

Final impression:
Predominantly chamomile and lemongrass.

It's interesting, but I'm not sure that it's working. Then again, I'm not sure I'm using it properly.

Just tried Bitch. Not having PMS at the moment, I can't testify to its effects in that regard. However, it smells great, and I could see how it would work. In the bottle, I get a refreshing herbal scent -- dill and mint, mostly -- that is very relaxing. On my skin, wow! So herby-spicy. I smell like Thai food (which I love, actually, so that's not a complaint). i really like this.

First impressions: Green and herbal

On the skin: Fennel, Coriander, Basil, Lemon.. this smells like a really nice drying rack of spices. Very soothing. I'm currently on my cycle and this smells absolutely lovely. I think I'll be reaching for this one once a month.

I'm glad I bought a bottle, it's a great panacea. For those of you that don't feel ready to use a TAL, these are simple, great aromatherapy blends.

Edited by Summerpixy

Definitely herbally - and I wouldn't term it spicy because although it has spices, it's more of the traditional lemon balm, chamomile type of herbs that I would associate with calmness and healing than anything say like cinnamon. I think this must have some rose geranium, since there is a very similar component of the Stress Relief Elixir. This is a little... darker and more herbally.

Not suffering from PMS at the moment, but I can see how this is very calming and soothing.

very herbal, almost like an astringent. But it's nice and very balanced... rubbing it into my third eye seemed to help more than anything else!

this is my third Panacea oil, and i'm starting to deal with the fact that sometimes, nearing my moon time, i'm just a wee bit difficult to be around. sigh.

anyway, it's not *quite* to that part of the month, but as i'm rather familiar with aromatherapy and what it can do, i figured i'd give this a go right now, as i just got it in the post today.

in the bottle: straight up yellow chamomile and some mint behind it. i'll say spearmint for now, but i reserve the right to change that later.

wet on skin: same as above, but something else might be in there too, that i can't quite put my finger on. hmmm. :think:

dry down: catmint. that's what it is. catmint (aka catnip) has a bit more of an herby edge to it, likely to be the "herb" aspect so many other folks here have noticed. the chamomile is still there, of course, but now it's more of a partnership than a mean dom/sub relationship :lol:

in all: i don't think i used enough to actually feel much of anything, but you better believe i'll be reaching for this bottle at the first sign of grumpiness! :D

Whoa! This is intense! Super hardcore medicinal mentholated cough drop smell with some herbal elements. At first, I fear it may piss me off more just to smell it, but then...miraculously...it calms me down...like a tranquilizer dart. Good sh*t and I'll definitely be hanging onto this one for those (thankfully rare) horrendous days that I never want to take out on my lovely loved ones.

Bitch is a whole lot of geranium. Maybe a teeny bit of verbena. I have been wearing it in my scent locket all week because of PMS headaches and it helps IMMENSELY.

This was predominantly chamomile while wet. It was pretty sharp. AS it dried, I got the distinctive play-doh scent I get from frankincense or verbena (they both go play-doh on my skin) so I think one of those two components is in here. They play-doh smell because a little noxious so I had to wash it off. While I was wearing it though, it did seem to calm the nerves and alleviate some of my irritability. I'll hang on to it and try again next month.

Extremely pale yellow oil. Rose geranium, fennel, and maybe some lavender and some type of mint? Definitely the first two. Surprisingly light and soft, a little soapy, definitely smells therapeutic but not in a harsh medicinal way at all.

A bit stronger and more mentholic and herbal; some lavender and mint for sure, and the rose geranium has amped quite a bit and is lovely - the fennel is still there clearly, but remains light and is pleasant as a result. Appropriately, this is very soothing. There's a definite light herbal sweetness that I think may be from the fennel. Surprisingly this is less soapy on my skin - there's still a soapy edge, but it's more just 'clean' than SOAP.

Oh, this might be my favourite geranium blend ever - and I ADORE rose geranium in particular. I think the mint is spearmint, but it's very light - it does add a nice calming coolness, though. The lavender is a gentle, floral, cool-pastel sort, pure and clean, and while usually I dislike fennel in perfume, it's perfect here, adding that touch of compelling herbal sweetness. This has fantastic throw and is really incredibly soothing! I get a sort of herbal floral here, not the lavender, something a little dry?

This amps on me - it has incredible throw for how little I applied. The fennel is turning just a tad licorice-y, but is still tolerable, just not quite as nice as it was earlier. Also, this is a little soapier, but again, within reasonable limits - and I think this is due to an actual rose note of some sort, a very light one, and a type that turns a bit soapy on me. The rose geranium is still the star of this blend, thankfully. Lavender remains light. That dry herbal floral note, which almost reminds me of tea - it finally hit me, it's chamomile, and it's almost a little spicy, as well as a little bit sweet.

The fennel softens after a while as does the soapiness, and this becomes more like the wet stage, though it's warmer, drier and less fresh than it was earlier. Bright rose geranium and dried, almost peppery chamomile lowers are front and foremost with soft floral lavender and sweet fennel below and a hint of soapy-clean rose. Very calming, almost sedating! Fantastic throw and longevity, too. Definitely a bottle of this one.

:)

Edited by fairnymph

This review might border on TMI. :lol:

I didn't really buy Bitch to wear as a nice perfume, I bought it for the aromatherapy aspect of it. Sometimes "that time of the month" is just miserable for me and everyone around me, lol.

It's super herbal when I smell it. Friends with better noses than I said there's definitely geranium, which apparently is used for "woman problems", as I like to call them.

Last month, I had one of the worst periods I'd had in a loooong time. Abysmal cramps, nasty headaches, and horrific mood swings. So I spent the weekend in bed covered in Bitch. And it totally helped me. My headache and cramps became more manageable, and I no longer wanted to throw knives at everyone I saw.

I would never really reach for this as a normal perfume, but when I need it, it really helps.

While I haven't tried this scent, I'm wondering if the herbal/lemongrass/rosemary/ sour offputting note is pennyroyal.

It has a fuzzy catnip klind of smell lemony, astringent, mint/camphor smell when fresh, but it also has a very strong undercurrent of something a little skanky or skunky.

Pennyroyal is also supposed to be good for "female complaints" although you wouldn't want to use it when pregnant.

Bitch! I've been wanting this for forever. I smell geranium and maybe clary sage. This is very much in the same realm as Holiday Stress Relief. I don't get mint, but pennyroyal maybe. This has a watery aspect to it--not to say that it's weak! It smells like grassy herbs soaking in water. Slightly muddy, too. I don't know yet if it helps my PMS, but in spite of it's sour bitterness, I find it calming.

This is a very herbal blend which I'm not always a big fan of but this isn't bad. There is a mint note somewhere but it seems more prominent in the imp than on the skin. For me, the most prominent note I'm smelling is a floral which to me seems to be geranium. I find it to be a bright scent which I think is caused by a citrus note.

Overall, not bad and I'll enjoy the imp I have but probably will not get a bottle.

I'm getting geranium here, mostly, very much like Holiday Stress Relief Elixer. I'm just starting to feel a bit cranky from pms, and craving salt, and my mood immediately lifted after applying. I like the smell, it is fresh and herbal, though I don't know if I'd wear it in public, as it does smell a bit odd. It also smells a lot like Lush's Aura Suavis shower gel. I'm glad I have a bottle, and will definitely use this rather than being cranky.

In the imp: Something in this reminds me of Lush's Blousey shampoo with a bit of citrus.

On the skin: Very herby, somewhat citrusy, a bit spicy. It's a very in-your-face herbal scent, but the citrus component seems to come out more with time. I think geranium is probably the most prominent note in this...I don't get the chamomile some other reviewers have mentioned. I think there may be some fennel in this as well.

It does seem to have a calming effect, but I think I'll just keep my imp and pass on a bottle.

Sign in to follow this