BPAL Madness!
atomic*orange

Les Bijoux

Skin musk and honey, blood-red rose, orange blossom, white peach, red apple, frankincense and myrrh.

In the imp: A green-yellow smell, almost like leaves? Something familiar that I can't place.
On, wet: That same smell I can't place - it's something from my backyard at home. Lilac? Still green-yellow, like that bright green of spring. The barest hint of an apple is hiding in there somewhere.
Drying: Starting to warm up and round out a little bit, getting sweeter. Very soft and feminine.
Dry: None of the fruityness that I had hoped for, but still nice. Very faint, though - I have to stick my nose right against my arm to smell it. Still has that green quality to it, almost grassy.
Verdict: None of the honey, apple, orange blossom, or peach that I had hoped for. Pretty, but not what I wanted - hopefully it will become more fruity with age. I'll use my imp, and if it ages well I may order another. I'd give it a 2.5/5.

I really wanted to try this one, based on the reviews, ingnoring the fact that several of the notes really don't work on me (peach, rose, orange blossom). I smell mostly peach and orange blossom and a little rose when I've just put it on. The honey comes out more strongly later, but the scent is still dominated by the orange blossom/peach mixture. This makes me sad, as I don't really care for orange blossom or peach. Alas.

like the other love potions i've tried, les bijoux is not exactly for daily wear. i felt almost guilty walking down the street at midnight in jeans and a sweatshirt to the grocery store while being draped in les bijoux. as if i had some excess voluptuousness unable to be completely disguised and i'm being watched...lasciviously! :P not that this is completely bad. i'm just surprised at how these love potions dredge up the ol' cliched catholic guilt. i loves me some catholic guilt, especially when it smells like this. this combination of scents works well, but i'm determined to discover what "apple" smells like in oil form, because i still haven't been able to separate it out. les bijoux is all lollipops upon application but yummy honeyed rose afterward, drying out to a sweeter combination of myrrh and musk. alas, just as quickly as i forgot about my many trips to the confession booth in the days of yore, les bijoux completely dropped off to who-knows-where. a sad thing. i really love peachy scents and was hoping the white peach would be as forthcoming here as with titania. sigh. i tried! it was fun trying.

In the vial:

floral tinged honey

On me:

At first, this is sort of sharp in a floral way. I can smell a bit of powdery honey and what I think is apple, but the florals make me crinkle my nose, it's just a little much. That's rose of course - always just too much on me.

But surprisingly, once it dries down - it's VERY pretty. I'm a little stunned actually because I don't get rose anymore when I sniff this. It's smooth and sweet honey, tinged with a beautiful peach. It's very alluring, such a lovely blend. I'm glad that this isn't a floral scent to my nose, but it is a very feminine scent that definitely belongs in Love Potions.

Final note:

I actually want a bottle of this. Gorgeous and captivating! Don't let that rose scare you!

Les Bijoux starts out with a quick blast of the resins with a touch of orange blossom. Those fade out and next comes apple with a bit of rose and musk. Honey and peach join in next. The final drydown is peach with musk and just a smidge of honey to sweeten it. I find Les Bijoux to be both sweet and playful as well as very sexy and feminine. :P

Edited by TheIceMaiden

In the imp: apple, peach and honey

On Skin: The apple note is very dominant, it's a light floral with a touch of sweetness. Very girly and pretty.

On Drydown: Slightly green tinge to it (I think it might be myrrh), more of the musk comes out. The apple note has vanished but it's still slightly floral without being ROSE!smash or anything distinguishable like that.

Several hours later: Smells like fragrant skin, with a tinge of sweetness. Very very sexy.

Verdict: This was a bit of a morpher on my skin. I have to admit that the wet and several hours late stages are fabulous... for entirely different reasons. I'm less keen on the immediate drydown but it isn't enough of a deterrent. I really do enjoy this scent. I'm also pleasantly surprised that this isn't overtly rose. This scent makes me think of the deflowering of a girl. In the beginning, she's bright and innocent. At the end of it, she's knowing, sexy and very enticing.

i think i would love les bijoux if it weren't for the frankincense and myrrh; those two scents tickle my nose and tend to go all funny on me. at first this has a weird savory kind feel to it which i do not understand at all. once it dries it is an interesting rose-apple blend with a little bit of orange blossom. i wish i got more honey out of it. it's a nice smell, but it just doesn't work for me.

I have been so excited about this one - Waiting breatlessly, you might say.

In the Imp: Fruity, slight musk, it smells . . . golden I'm reminded of Mimosas (The champagne/orange juice kind), only with peach nectar, being served by a tanned young man.

Wet: Fruit and flower and honey, I want to eat my wrist. tyere's a kind of powderiness about the edges.

Dry: The apple and peach kind of meld into this sweetness, and the myrrh and honey ground it, keeping this from being too flighty. I feel like a radiant glowing thing, all pink and gold. Playful, sexy, loving, and gorgeous beautiful.

Big bottle definately required.

Edited by KikuPeach

Orange blossom and peach with a soothing drizzle of honey is what I get from Les Bijoux. It's fresh and bright. There is a hint of rose, but it's so airy that it doesn't weight the perfume down. After about two hours, the frankincense comes out. It adds a resin sweetness.

Les Bijoux stays pretty true to initial application: floral, flirty and feminine. I had my doubts when I first received this imp since it's a little sour in the bottle. But I doubt no more. Les Bijoux is beautiful.

This was a frimp from a lab order. Not a scent that made it to my wishlist due to the 'honey' note listed. Me and honey aren't good friends!

Wet - Les Bijoux smells very fruity and cool. It's pleasant, although I haven't fallen in love with it.

And it dries with no hint of the 'off' smell that honey usually turns into on me! [ten minutes later] :P Uh-oh. I take it back. The honey is sneaking in and making this smell nasty. What is that all about?! :D Off to swaps.

Fruity. Good fruity, not cleaning-product fruity. It lightens up nicely, and now the roses are kicking in. Definitely a sensual and full-of-life scent. Really nice.

In principle I like everything Les Bijoux is about... a fruity bouquet of blooms, lush and full and heady... and I'm learning to take frankincense and myrrh as heralds of good fortune.

On my skin, though, I keep getting the sense that I'm wearing Smarties as a perfume. I can smell the sticky-sweet of the peach (it reminds me of Welch's white grape and peach concentrate, though) and the apple, with the floral note more roseate than orange-blossom-y... but there is something powdery, with a sharp tang. Usually honey doesn't do this on my skin, and I finally realized that there's something about this blend that has the exact same hookah-smoke-smell of Knave of Hearts on me: the rose. For whatever reason, Les Bijoux and Knave of Hearts both take me back to smoking rose-flavored tobacco in a hookah bar.

Even without the rose note catching in the back of my throat, there's something overblown and sticky about Les Bijoux that makes me avoid the imp in my daily hunt for a scent. I thought I'd give you time to grow on me, but looks like we'll have to part ways, LB.

Edited by dorothy humbird

Another recent frimp, and between the Keats and Baudelaire references in this last batch I was halfway convinced somebody at the Lab was readng my mind, or at least scanning my bookshelf! :P

In the bottle: light, sweet faintly fruity floral, lots of orange blossom, seems very much in vein with the current trend towards really sweet fruity blends in conventional perfumes. Wet: more of the sweet fruity notes, particularly peach, start to come out. Drydown: the apple note becomes more dominant -- and to my nose it's not the red apple of the described notes but a sharp, crisp green apple like a Granny Smith. It's almost a little too sweet-and-fruity for my tastes initially, although the crispness of the apple helps keep it from being too cloying. As it settles more the apple fades down a bit and the honey, musk, and incense notes assert themselves a bit more, but I can never manage to catch any of the rose notes and the orange blossom only shows up in the bottle. Towards the end of the day the incense notes come up a bit more strongly as the sweeter fruity notes start to fade.

Interesting and fairly pretty all in all, but just not quite me -- a little bit too sweet, a little bit too fruity; if there'd been a lot more spice and heavier incense or woods to help darken all that fruit it would have been more to my tastes. This one's getting packed off to a friend who has more of a taste for sweet edible notes than I do.

In bottle/imp: Fruity, warm, and sweet with a touch of resin.

Immediately on skin: The peach is evident, but it’s tainted by another note… maybe the frankincense. The honey and skin musk give this a warm, golden feel.

After a few minutes: I’m not liking this… it smells almost rancid on me. The peach is SO strong, and blended with some of the other notes in a way that makes it cloying, musky, and slightly spicy.

Overall Impressions: I must not do well with BPAL’s honey notes blended with fruit, because this reminds me a little of milk moon which I hated. This has peach instead, but I just don’t enjoy the earthy spiciness it’s blended with. It’s a bit cloying on me.

In the imp, this is warm and resin-y with the rose & orange blossom over top; I get a TEENY bit of peach way back, but it's very much in the background.

On my wrist, the myrrh and frankincense come up front - there's also a sweetness I'm identifying with the orange blossom, and a whisper of rose.

When it's dry, it's lovely! Soft, warm, well-blended - the musk finally came up, and its very nice. It blends well with the frankincense and myrrh, and I'm getting some honey as well, which adds to the warmth and sweetness. This is definitely a keeper for me - it's very sophisticated, and good scent to wear to work.

imp: orchard apple

wet: now I can pick up the honey, too

dry: The apple is all "bam!" on me. Emeril in apple form? Hmm. I can kind make out the peach, though that may be wishful thinking.

Oh! Suddenly! The apple has let me by and here is a well-whirled mix of peach, honey, and something warm and dry (skin musk? myrrh?)

On further drydown this becomes slightly less fruity and more meditative - that must be the F&M. And a hint of rose.

My nose is a bit off from a slight cold or allergies-- I'm not sure which-- so I tried to do my best with this review.

Initial Impression: fruity, peach, bubbly.

On Wet: peach, hint of rose

On Dry: musk and honey

Final Impression: Yum! This is a seriously sexy and delicious scent. I didn't expect that from its beginning stages.

Rating (on a scale from 1-5): 5. Definitely a big bottle purchase.

Imp--Honey and orange blossom, with something heavy underneath, I think the myrrh.

Wet--Light and floral, much more of the orange blossom and peach. No rose yet, thank goodness. A little honey still. Nothing of the darker notes

Drydown--OMG. The honey amps up like crazy, and is sweeter than that in Hony Mone. The peach adds a little something and this is just lovely. Hooray!

Note to self for future: no honey! ahhh! This just smells like honey gone sour or something on me. Other than that, maybe slight rose and peach. Argh. Scrub.

In the vial: A light and sweet fruity floral

On: The fruit note smells more like melon, but it must be the peach I'm getting. Then a sharp floral note takes over everything and the whole thing turns into powder.

Verdict: Into the sale pile. I don't think I'll ever find a scent with rose in it that agrees with me.

On me this just smells like the sexiest apple cider, *ever*. I love BPAL's apple note!! The frankincense is a dry, non-foody spiciness. I don't find the peach and rose to be too strong as individual notes, they just provide a gorgeous backdrop to the apple, honey, and rich spice. Wonderful! :P

Mmm, sexy! I doubt I would have tried this on my own, but the lab frimped me with my last order.

I was a little worried when I grabbed it at random to test that it was a super fruity scent, but it has a lovely sweet powdery honey note with a touch of apple blossom in the background. I won't get a bottle, but this is a winner all around and will be a nice scent for summer! It really does remind me of jewels, just like the name suggests.

wet: honey and peaches are what I first smell.

Dry: apples come out and join the honey and peaches. Skin musk too. The honey and musk meld but are balanced by the fruits. This is so soft and sexy. This is very much a skin scent and one that would be perfect as a lover kisses the back of your neck. Lovely.

At first the florals are all over the place, but as it settles it becomes really lovely...apple rose LOVE. There's a cidery-vinegar whisper to it that keeps it from just being sweet. Hmmmm. It fades too quickly though.

In imp – sweet, very nice rose, with fruitiness.

On – I quickly get the apple and the frank/myrrh – like a drop of rose spreading out, with the other notes at the edges. Candle-section-of-the-home-décor-store-like, but in a good way. I think the honey is just blending into the general sweetness rather than standing out on its own. So far, so good…

Dry – the rose has stepped back a bit, letting the rest out to play. I can detect all the separate notes listed in the description, but they blend wonderfully. ok, I guess it’s a bit potpourri or craft store, but the niiice kind you just stand there and inhale. I will definitely wear this one again, particularly in cooler weather. It smells red to me, golden around the edges. Way later, it’s mostly honey and rose – peachy golden. So, the colors of the poem that inspired it. Beth, how do you do that?!

This is my favorite so far. Thank goodness I seem able to wear honey and myrrh, both of which I’d really hoped would work on me!