BPAL Madness!
Salice

Tobacco scents

Gaueko has a tobacco note. I have no idea if it's similar to Herr Drosselmeyer or not since I don't do LEs, but the scent is amazing. Unfortunately something in it hates my guts, and I can't figure out what.

Kalli

i think Dee is the closest thing to Herr D. on the GC -- and both i can't wear on my skin. that parchment/book note does bad things on my skin. hooray for scent lockets though! :P

i absolutely LOVE Perversion, its' very much about the tobacco.

n.

i also really really like Herr Drosselmeyer. reminds me of my first stepfather and the custom blended pipe tobacco he smoked. there's something in that oil that goes a little bit iffy on me on the final drydown, though, but only *sometimes*

i got a bottle of Kether from the Sephiroth collection.... and it turns into all the good parts of Herr D. but none of the bad -- very tobacco leaf, pipe smoke and warm snugglies.

that's what i'd suggest [=

Thank you Princess (and the other who replied). I have Perversion but on me all I smell is the wine and none of the tobacco. I will check out Kether.

I second Dee. I have lots of BPAL scents yet to try, but this one is my favorite so far. I never imagined I'd like tobacco scents.

dee for sure and devil's night... :D

everytime i wear devil's night all the guys tell me i smell like a pipe...

:P

Havana is one of my new loves, and confirms what I already suspected - I do indeed love tobacco. Especially with that touch of leather and with that muskiness (I know musk isn't listed for it but I would swear it's there). However tobacco does have a tendency to turn dusty on me in the early dry stage. I just have to control my slathering urge, as the more I put on the dustier it is and the longer it lasts.

Now... Hellfire you say? Why haven't I tried it yet? I have nothing against the other notes in it that's for sure!

Havana is really yummy and I would recommend A Bachelor's Dog, if you can find an imp. I also like Doc Constantine.

I am assuming you mean the tobacco leaf and not the flowers?

Gaueko has a tobacco note. I have no idea if it's similar to Herr Drosselmeyer or not since I don't do LEs, but the scent is amazing. Unfortunately something in it hates my guts, and I can't figure out what.

Kalli

I was really, really excited when I read the description for Gaueko since I am also a lavender fiend, but I am extremely fond of the smell of unlit tobacco. I could sit there and sniff an unlit cigarette for hours.

Sadly when I tried out Gaueko I didn't get either lavender or tobacco notes, just incense, which was pleasant enough, but not what I was hoping for. :P

If there ever is a blend where that tobacco note does stand out for me, softened perhaps by some interesting greeny fresh or spicy florals, I am going to be all over it!

My husband was not much of a fragrance wearer until I introduced him to the world of perfumery. Think borrowing his brother's can of Axe when he was going somewhere nice with me.

I got him Il Profumi di Firenze's Tabacco, which he wears a lot and it smells divine on him, and he sometimes steals my bottle of Isaac The Living Skeleton (also works really well for him). I made him try The Parliament of Monsters, and although it smells really good, it does something a little bit feminine when it hits his skin.

What else should I get for him to try? He amps tobacco in a really delicious, sexy way it seems.

How about The Antikythera Mechanism, it is divine. :P

I was gonna recommend that as well! :D

Seconded Havana. It's not terribly complex, but it's rich and sensual.

You ladies already covered my two main choices!

Havana and The Antikythera Mechanism. :P

Tobacco scents are win :P

A few of my favourites: Hellfire, Peversion, Ogun

Might also want to try: Dracul, Elegba, Gaueko

There's also some great blends with tobacco in the Salons series, they don't get nearly enough love.

The other tobacco scents I like are LEs, but if you like LE stalking try Herr Drosselmeyer and Red Lantern (Might be a tad girly, that one, but worth a try I think)

I have Red Lantern '08! It hasn't occured to me that it might work on a guy though.

How about Herr Drosselmeyer or Capricorn 2007? You might have to search around for those though. I :P tobacco note!