BPAL Madness!

EAT ME

Three white cakes, vanilla, and red and black currants.

In the vial: Spicey, sweet, deliciousness with a hint of vanilla!

On the skin: My god I want to eat my arms! It's just the right balance of sweet and spicey, like sugar cookies with a dusting of cinnamon, or bread pudding or something that's gooey and sweet. I could literally live in this, and it's the first BPAL scent I've ever gotten comments on while wearing.

Sign me up for several bottles! :P

(edit for Lab description)

Edited by Shollin

All I get from Eat Me is the angel food cake. While it smells tasty, I was hoping for the currants to add some depth. Oh, well. It also fades very quickly from my skin.

Wet, in the bottle...I smell cake. Well, that's a promising start, given that the scent was described as being, y'know, cake.

On my skin, the scent of blackcurrants rises out of the deep and does a little dance, all over the cake. Cake and currants! I am in my place of bliss, and hoping it doesn't change too overly much during dry-down. It begins...

Oh, hello, vanilla! Dry, I smell of white cake and currants, all tasty treats and the promise of more yet to come. It's very hard not to just start licking myself. I think I'm in love.

Definitely a keeper.

Since I just did a review for Drink Me I felt this would be a good follow-up review.

Where as Drink Me was more foody, Eat Me was more liquidy. I feel like the names were mixed up.

This is a complex blend. Hard to single out any notes. I try to do my reviews blind, without peeking at what it's supposed to smell like so I keep an open mind, but this was one of those times where I had to peek just to figure out what I was smelling. It's the black currants that must have thrown me for a loop.

Bottom line is it smells great. Not good enough to upgrade to a bottle, but nice enough to keep the imp and wear :P

On me, Eat Me starts out smelling exactly like white cake and red currant jam -- light, simple, and not too sweet. It's delicious and makes me want to bake something for afternoon tea.

After a while, it dries down to just the vanilla and smells warmer/thicker, a lot like the drydown of Snake Oil, which is OK because I like Snake Oil too.

I don't know if I want to go for a whole bottle, but I'll definitely keep the imp and maybe swap for another one.

Oh so yummy!!! But yummy in a soothing way. This is one of the scents I wear when I go to bed. It really comforts me and helps me relax. I think some of the vanilla scents really work on me in that way, but I also enjoy Freak Show & Dorian as good sleep scents too!

In the imp, Eat Me smells a LOT like Red Lantern, with a dollop of MB: Closet, for good measure. This scares me, as neither one worked on me. While it is wet, it pretty much stays the same, with a hint of the fruit sort of grounding the unrelenting sweetness. Then! Wonder of wonders! As it dries, it smells like cake! Cake and currants! Go figure. This one's a winner. Whew- I was worried. :P

ETA: Now all I smell is the musk. It's like a lighter version of Hollywood Babylon. Maybe Smut, even? Now I'm not sure what to think of this. I'll reserve judgement and see how it dries further.

ETA: I really wish the cakey stage lasted longer on me. Or forever. Red(?) musk just isn't my favourite thing. Apparently my skin amps musks. Yay for learning stuff! I will keep the imp, for the cakey stage! Yay for cake!

ETA: Yeah. Smut. I just smell Smut (and a hint of Hollywood Babylon, as I said earlier), and I wasn't fond of Smut. It isn't horrific on me or anything, but it's not my style. Where'd the cake go? I need cake. That. . . is truly sad. I wanted to love this one.

Edited by cordia

I am dumbfounded by the deliciousness of Eat Me. It’s a most tasty treat, which I found myself ordering a 5ml of a week after trying it. I usually dither much longer, even when I love something, but something about this just grabbed me. The first time I tried it I was a little ho hum, it just seemed a general sweetness…but the second time, all the notes just went, “pow”!

In the imp, I could smell fruity cupcakes, which was nice, but once on, mouthwatering goodness: rich vanilla cake, but in a dry, sweet way, with ultra tart and ripe currants, that have a touch of musk about them. It’s one of the truest vanilla cake scents I’ve smelt, albeit with a very healthy dose of currants! And the sillage is wonderful. I was walking about the office the day I first tried it, and I kept catching it, floating about me, the most gorgeous curranty vanilla: gourmand and very sweet, but it didn’t overwhelm me. Wonderful!

Edited by ViolentKitten

This is sooo yummy.

I get a warm, vanilla-ey cake scent, with just the right amount frosting. It's just the right amount of sweetness for everyday wear - it's sweet enough to wear out and about, but not too sticky sweet to wear everywhere.

I might just have to get a 5ml of this one. :P

First impression: very pastry-like, almost too much so. I like eating donuts; I don't necessarily want to smell like one!

Fortunately, after 20 minutes or so, my skin does its normal vanilla amp-up and the currants come out to play. That's a lot better -- fruity-sweet generally works well for me. Staying power is moderate; after about 4 hours, the currant is pretty much all that's left.

Bottom line: this isn't going to be a top-rank favorite, but I like it enough to keep.

Oh man, that's cake, all right. An incredibly true cake smell. The currants sneak in after a while, adding a bit of fruity sparkle to the cakey sweetness. You can almost see the swirls of thick white frosting and the garnet ribbon of sweet-tart fruit preserve between the layers. It smells absolutely luscious. If a bakery were selling something that smelled like this, I'd order a big slice. As perfume, though, this is WAY foodier than I want to smell. Off to the swaps, you scrumptious little thing, you.

I want cake now.

Three words: Snake Oil Lite!

I know lots of you out there smell cake, but I really don't. I smell the same vanilla that's in Snake Oil, with a bit less of Snake Oil's spicy depth (the spices do smell similar though). Only when the scent is almost gone do I detect the currants. It's a lovely scent, and I can see reaching for it when I think Snake Oil will be too strong. It's not what I was expecting, and I actually think Drink Me is a more foody type of scent, but Eat Me is still gorgeous. Oh yes. :P

I am truly bummed about this one. I wanted cake and berries! But I've found out the sad truth is that red musk goes absolutely bonkers on my skin and wipes everything else out. So while it is a nice red musk, it's gone pure Smut on me, which smells good, but it's just not me, I'm afraid. I wish I could carry red musk better than I do. I like it, but it gets too strong on me, I think.

This is very nice, and it does somehow remind me of a lighter and fruity Snake Oil....interesting! The currants are fruity but in a sophisticated way and the rest is sweet-spicey. Makes me think of white frosting with purple accents.

I was going to say that it fades quickly on me, but I was wrong. It actually lasts all day with occasional bouts of hiding!

Edited by karikazo

:D

A little cake in the wet stage and after that lots 'n' lots of currants! With just the tiniest hint of vanilla.......

It's really lovely actually, don't know if I'll wear it as a perfume though ( thought I was much more of a foody kind of girl, than I turn out to be :P ) but it'll make a great room scent, so I'm gonna hold on to my imp!

:D

This was the lone imp I requested with my last order at Harvest Moon. I thought it was cute...an imp that said Eat Me. I have tried smost of the past sweet blends, with the expection of the Monster series. I was suprised to see the color of the imp sodark. Most of my favs are very light, nearly clear. It waited to be tried. Today I applied this like MAD! Only after the dry down did I understand why. The initial sweet cake note dries very fast and vanilla, the labs best sweetest vanilla is all that is on my arm. I love Beth's vanilla. A bottle of Eat Me must come and soon. I adore the idea and the blend. I am not, by any means a 'foody' but this is a great bridge between my all time favorite note and something fun.

A foody scent I enjoy! Vanilla cake goodness right away and just the tiniest bit of current to keep it from being too sweet. This really surprised me. I had to try it because I need to try every scent but I really had convinced myself this was not for me. This may be the one foody scent I must buy a large bottle of. Yum in all sorts of ways!!

Eat Me has, unfortunately, underwhelmed me. It's almost too sweet, even on drydown. Could be the currants... I don't really smell the cakes. It seems to have a lot of throw, though that's not unusual for my skin. I'm afraid I'll have to wash it off before it gives me a headache. :D I wanted to love it... I'll hold on to it and see if I like it better later.

ETA: Silly me, forgetting about aging on skin. :D Now it smells like white cake and jellybeans, and while the overall impression is 'innocent', there's some sort of darkly playful undercurrent. Much, much better.

I want to wear this tomorrow, when I'll be out in public and can shock people with the name. *evil grin* Then again, considering where I'm going, some might take that as invitation, and I don't need that. I'll stick with what I had planned. :P

Edited by Kitrona

Ah, I adore this scent. It's the parts I love about Red Lantern minus the parts I don't. :P

In the bottle, it smells very sweet and kind of caramelly.

On the skin, it starts out with a faint whiff of the currents, but it settles into the cake and vanilla quite quickly. The currents still 'darken' it, though, saving it from being too childish or sweet.

This one is a favorite for wearing to work, especially on a wet day (like every day the past couple weeks, *sigh*). It's sweet, but with a bit of substance behind it, and it makes me smile and perks me up a bit.

Yum, it is cakey and vanilla-y and I can smell the currants, it reminds me very much of Monster Bait: Closet. Has a bit of spice, too, like cinnamon? I like Eat Me and it is pretty strong, has lots of throw. People around me seem to like it too--"who smells so good?" :P

Eat Me reminds me of pink cake mix! Delicious, and quite subtle. I don't like foody scents that make people say "Where's the cake?" the minute you walk into a room. This is more of a "What smells good?" scent. And although it's not overpowering it's fairly long-lasting; I've worn it overnight and can still smell it in the morning. I need a bottle!

In the bottle - Fruit (more berry/cherry than currant to me) backed by just a little sponge.

Wet on me - Bright red fruits and a slightly synthetic smelling vanilla.

Dry on me - The sweet red fruits last well on me and change little.

Overall - Nice, on me straight forward, I'll probably use my imp, but I doubt I'll need a bottle.

In the bottle it is a super sharp sweet cake scent with that tart berry.

On the skin it is exactly the same as it is in the vial. Very nice!

On drydown it really is a very pretty scent. Foody but not sickeningly so. The sharp/tart part mellows and it is a light berry cake scent. on me. I like this one!

In the Imp: It smells like cake with frosting, like when you get a cake from the bakery, take it home, then open the box and take a deep sniff. It's very sweet, but with a slight tang that says that it's not all vanilla butter cake.

Initial Wet: Yuck! That rancid-bitter-sour smell must be the black currants on me. *Sighs* I just can't win with fruits and berries, can I? Underneath it I can just barely smell the vanilla.

Initial Dry: The currant smell has softened and is no longer quite so sour smelling. The cake is beginning to come through, a warmness underneath the sharp bitterness.

Drier Dry: Ah, now this is lovely. The cake has fully resurfaced, frosted by a tang of the currants. It reminds me of a frosted vanilla pound cake with a raspberry filling. Yummy! It makes me hungry.

It's not as sweet on me as Gluttony or the Monsterbaits is and is definitely a lighter scent. I really like the drier dry scent, but the currants foil me on the way there. If I could just go from the In the Imp to the Drier Dry, I would be very happy. Unfortunately, the scent is so yummy, my skin just eats it all up and I have to reapply it every four hours or so.

Edited by Shollin

This is what I hoped for with Monsterbait Closet. I wasn't sure at first, because while it's wet, this smells spicey somehow and not very foody or even sweet at all. But now that it's been on for awhile? It's amazing. White cake, currants, and just a little bit of vanilla. I ordered this without ever smelling it. I'm so glad that I followed my hunch and that it was right.

I smell completely edible. Go on, eat me. *grins*