BPAL Madness!

A carnivorous enchantress: diverse, lovely and graceful, emitting a sticky, glowing golden, sweet and terminally inviting scent. Its dew is believed to grant eternal beauty and longevity, and restore vitality and vigor to the magician.

This sounded intriguing, but it wasn't as sweet on me as I had hoped. (I love over-the-top sweet heady florals.) It went on very sharp and dried down to hairspray. :P I might try this layered over The Lion or something else resiny and see if that cuts the ack!sharpness.

Edited by Chrysantza

Sundew is a warm and inviting floral on me, like french doors thrown open on a blazingly bright spring day filled with a tumult of wildflowers. It reminds me so much of the Ides of March, as clover already mentioned. I love Ides, and Sundew feels like its summertime refrain.

Sundew is quickly becoming a favorite.

It smells of summer to me. It smells like the beach. Hot white sand and surf. Maybe a hint of suntan lotion. Not the coconut kind but more like Ban de Soleil.

I could slather myself in Sundew everyday and be a very happy girl!!

A 10ml or two will definitely be ordered.

At first whiff I was hit with a powerful memory: this dept. store perfume called "Sunflower" that my mother got me one Christmas. I couldn't stand it and while this is much nicer, that memory is staining my Sundew experience. This is pretty enough and reminds me of spring-cleaning with the windows open; to me this smells like a lemon floral. But something about it, probably my bad Sunflower experience, just won't let me enjoy it.

oh, this is glorious. it's got a bit of holiday moon feeling - bright, citrus-y, and full of dappled sunlight. it's very golden yellow/sunshine-y but not overly sharp...i almost detect something like cucumbers or melons...fresh and summery, herbal, grassy, clean and sweet... i will be wearing this alot. it smells happy and exuberant.

I must first say that I have never been happier to spill something over everything in my bathroom. >.<

I recently got my first scent of imps (though not my first BPAL order), and Sundew happened to be the last one I had left to try. There I was, trying to pop off the cap...and bam!

Sunshiny happiness all over the bathroom.

Ladies and gentlemen, if there is a scent you must spill in your bathroom, let Sundew be it. It is a clean, slightly sweet scent that overpowers with its optimism. I was trying to think of something clever to say about the scent, and I kept coming back to sunlight imagery. The thing is, though, that this isn't a dusty, mote-filled sunshine in which you lazy about this. This is the sweet smell of sun on dew.

(And this is where I say, "D'OH!" because Beth has it exactly right--this is sundew. I can't think of any more fitting way to describe it.)

Anyway...to bring these rambling thoughts to a conclusion: Lovely smell. Sweet. Nice staying power. Nice throw, as well.

I can't say that this is my favorite smell because it is just a little too 'happy' for me in that innocent, childhood kind of way, but I can imagine that quite a few people would love wearing this.

Or spilling it everywhere. >.<

Sundew is like pure sunshine in a bottle/imp. It smells of sweet flowers with a touch of amber spice. It's a very clean scent, perfect for summer.

Rating (on skin): 2/5

Summarised in a word or two: Laundry soap.

In the imp: Hmm. This reminds me of Zero's florals and Toxin's... watery-ness.

On skin, wet: Flowers and grass and water, and something citrusy? I wasn't too keen on it in the imp, or the first minute or so on my skin, but after that, it settles down and really starts to remind me of Toxin, with something else I can't pin down (besides the much stronger floral element).

On skin, dry: Laundry soap and flowers. Where did that come from? Something that could be called "Fresh Spring Rain" or "Sun-kissed cotton", etc. I keep getting whafts of something that reminds me of cotton blossom (which I'm not terribly fond of), which adds to the laundry-soap bit.

Conclusion/Notes: This would make a wonderful spray for scenting linens, etc, but as for a perfume, it's not for me.

This is a ctirusy sunshine w/ aquatic undertones..its very beautiful to say the least. I will be getting a big bottle of this, no question. :P

In the bottle - yellow, but also green and earthy, actually it makes me think of dandelion sap.

Wet on me - Washing powder, there's something lemony behind it, but washing powder is the dominant scent.

Dry on me - There is no 'waft', but if I sniff my skin there's a vanillary/musky scent.

Edited by Ajila

To me, Sundew is a cinnamony/lemon-lime. I LOVE IT! :P The spice was the first thing that hit me when I opened the bottle, then came a wafting of citrus notes followed by a slightly sweet floral. Gooooodness! I want to bathe in it!

I would rate this 5 out of 5!

In the vial and wet on my skin, Sundew smells of of bright citrus with a very slight hint of herbals in the back ground.

Drying down, Sundew actually gets stronger on my skin instead of fading a bit and blending. It is very bright citrus and bright strong greens in perfect balance.

Completely dried down and the greens have started to blend a bit. I think I can almost detect an ozone note somewhere too.

My conclusion? Sundew is perfectly bright and sunny- apropoe considering it's name. Citrus, a hint of green and a hint of ozone make for visualizing the perfect bright sunny day. A definite cooling scent for summer. Awesome throw and wear - this stuff doesn't fade. A definite 5ml.!

Wet, Sundew is a softly citrus-y floral. Dry, it's more perfume-like, a sunny floral with a powdery base. It's lovely, I'm so grateful to CapricornSister for the frimpage, and I'll definitely be keeping this one around. It's a little too perfumey for a 5ml purchase, but I think I'll have to acquire another imp or two.

at first: kitchen-y...if that makes any sense. like lemon, soap, herbs, and a lot of sunlight.

on: a lot like in the bottle, except that it's a bit more herbal now.

1 hour later: more citrus and herbal now.

4 hours later: very light. this smells clean and fresh.

overall: lovely, lovely stuff. it's a really cheery, home-y scent.

Sundew starts like a happy, summery scent--very "bright" topnotes of citrus and a hint of herbs and spice (cinnamon?). But here's what surprised me: as the topnotes dry, the heart is sweet and slightly cakey or powdery. It doesn't have the aquatic lightness of, say, Shattered; it has something murky going on under the bright surface. I find that note unsettling, whatever it is; it's threatening to go sickly on me but baaaarely stays in check. I like my citrus straightforward and cheerful--I can't explain why there's a sinister undertone here, but there *is*. This is the scent of dew in Rappaccini's garden, I guess!

Very sweet, very light... Kind of a citrus-floral. On initial application it was actually disturbingly reminiscent of Sunlight dish soap. But it does develop a bit more complexity as it dries down.

However, it's still soft, light, sweet and almost bland -- much more girly than I am. And it retains a certain soapiness all the way through. It's got almost no throw, and not a lot of staying power... All in all, not so much an enchantress as a wallflower, I'd say. Into the swaps she goes.

Grade: C

My skin chemistry is being weird again.

I tried this on about a week or 2 ago and it went straight to soap! (I was on my period, that may be why... shhh) So I thought for sure that this was a no go but then I tried it on last night...

And it smelled very pretty!! Smelled like a commercial scent actually but in a good way. A very happy commercial perfume, but not like Happy hahah. A rich, bright, floral perfume smell. I like it and I'm keeping it unless it goes soapy again.

Sundew - My friends who sniffed this at Will Call a while back have been raving about this scent for weeks on end. I really expected something truly fabulous, but I don't have the same response to it that they have. It's bright in the way that citrus is bright, but it has no citrus effervescence about it. It's simply bright, yellow, and once it dries, it becomes slightly creamy, as well. This blend sticks very close to my skin, and it's hard to distinguish it less than an hour after it is applied. It's not one I'll continue wearing because while it's certainly not unpleasant, it just doesn't jump out at me the way some BPAL blends do. If this went into my imp box, I think I'd forget about it and never wear it again.

Noooooooooo!

SOAP.

*cries* I love Daffodil/Dandelion type florals, and that's one I still don't have in my collection. I was hoping for that, from Sundew.

Alas, instant soap.

Must be aquatic notes in here somewhere, as I don't see anyone having mentioned jasmine, which is my other main 'soap' offender.

Golden, sticky pollen, with a planty sweetness similar to Tenochtitlan. :D Quite nice, and it seems to have great throw, too.

ETA: Well, drat...that "pollen" vibe seems to be a little too on the money. I think Sundew has the distinction of giving me my first ever BPAL-induced allergy attack. And we started off so well...

:P

Edited by Katinka

hmm. i don't get a citrusy vibe from this. it does smell similiar to daffodils. actually i wish it smelled more like daffodils, because they're my favorite. but it's along the same line. definately yellow. but there's something incensey and herbal underneath the floral top note, so when it dries completely it's more of a spicy floral. it does have a little soapiness on me after about an hour or so, but not overwhelmingly so. it's light and breezy and summery, for sure. i got a bottle of this unsmelled, and it's not entirely "me," but i'm definately not disappointed. :P

this a sweet floral with a touch of spice on my skin. very summery...also something about it is very familiar, as in it smells just like another bpal on me, but i can't place it. it is a bit too perfumey for my tastes though.

Don't you hate it when you write a review and the computer eats it???

Anyway, to paraphrase, in the beginning is honey, carnation and aquatics. I love the aquatic mixed with the carnation-it's beautiful and unusual. It sweetens, thanks to tea (I think), and then the water fades and the egyptian musk replaces it. This is not my favorite musk (in fact I usually can't stand it) but I like it here a lot. The scent becomes a blend of musk and carnation, and is gorgeous. Bottle contender for sure.

Edited by empi girl

Sweet! What a clean fragrance. It's light, pure and sweet, but not so sweet it's cloying. It smells like scattered flowers from someone's bridal bouquet. I can't pick out any individual notes, but I think maybe lily's in there. In any case, it's very light and pretty and perfect for summer.

Definitely a golden scent. This is gorgeous, sunshine and open fields. It's very much a clean scent--I agree with those who mentioned a linen note. It is revitalizing, in a way, like a long summer afternoon condensed into scent. Lovely.