BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Pele

This perfume embodies her gentler, benign aspect as the capricious Goddess of Dance: muguet and Hawaiian white ginger enveloped by warm, damp tropical blooms.

Is Hawaiian white ginger a flower? Because all I get here are florals. Lovely, carefree, tropical flowers, nothing that resembles ginger root to my nose. And just as I never lie on a beach with a tropical drink in one hand and the latest James Patterson novel in the other, I will never wear this scent. I appreciate its beauty, but it is so not me.

I was so excited to try this because I thought it would be a tropical delight, but all I get is fabric softener sheets? I mean, nice enough in that really "clean" sort of way, but nothing that screams tropics to me. Sadness! I was so sure I would love this.

I can't actually smell anything in the bottle! I had to sniff the wand to get an impression. Tropical florals, which is how it goes on, but it's so so faint. There's some ginger, and it gets too sweet as it dries, but honestly it's gone so fast it's hard to tell. Kinda bummed because this sounded quite exciting on paper and in the reviews.

The eruptions in Hawaii have Madame Pele on my mind, so I decided it was time to pull this one out of the to-test pile. On me, it's dominated by a white flower that's dewy and waxy by turns, and at first I was thinking "I don't know what this flower is," but score one for finally learning some more notes--it's tuberose! I know because this note is in both Ava and Swans on the River. It's soft and pretty and not all that strong on me. I probably don't need a ton of this, since I have big bottles of the aforementioned (and more complex) tuberose blends, but it's nice.

All I got was the heavy overpowering scent of wet wet lush wet flowers.

Drowning in flowers.

Thick, heavy, oppressively vibrant exploding with life and clouds of scent rolling off of them flowers.

Not sure if it's the muguet (LotV doesn't like me at all) or the tropical blossoms (they usual have indole in them and that doesn't like me either) but eeeeeeeeeeg.

I had to use the rubbing alcohol to get it off.