BPAL Madness!
Tramp

Cobra Lily

Sharp, heady and viciously carnivorous.

I received this as a frimp from the Lab. Immediately, cloying, headache-inducingly strong lily comes to the forefront. I'm not really sure what else is in this when it's wet as the lily just continues to amp. As it dries down, I smell something spicy and definitely something citrusy, but the lily is still at the forefront of the blend.

In the bottle: not sharp like sandalwood or screaming lemon, more sharp like immediate lilies in a graveyard garden. it's rather lovely, though still has an edge to it. the lily is definitely there, but there's also something green and slightly less than fresh (if that makes sense). also something a bit spicy, like cinnamon, that comes out later (and probably contributes to the dangerous image).

On my skin: much spicier on my skin than in the bottle. the lily is still there, but much spicier as opposed to the citrus/orange vibe that took precedence when it was in the bottle. I like the spicy lily of it; reminds me of what I had hoped Voodoo Lily would be. turns musky the more it dries, finally settling to a spicy musk with only hints of the original lily (which are in turn slightly more powdery than they were at first application).

Last thoughts: a biting lily that decorates herself with orange slices dipped in cinnamon in order to lure prey. beautiful but never forget what she is - deadly dangerous.

At first, very sweet, heady lily. Not really a fan at this point. Dry, some spicy red fruits come out, or definitely a spicy floral that smells 'red' somehow. Not really my style, but certainly nice to try!

Not a fan. Lily does horrible things with my skin and turns into a cloying headache inducing smell. I wore this for about five to ten minutes and had to wash it off, it hurt my nose. :(

In the imp, this was a sweet, green floral. Not as sharp and heady and vicious as I expected.

Ok, da fuq? This is a sweet, pleasant, delicate green floral. A lovely sweet lily scent. The only thing that worries me is that this may go super powdery on me.

Unfortunately, it did end up being super duper powdery on me. Before that though, it was a shockingly easy to wear light floral. I would recommend giving this a shot if you like light, green florals. Don't be scared by the description!

When I put this on, I smell fresh, realistic lily as well as a bonus--a clean green smell, as if I'm also smelling the flower stem. That green scent only lasted a minute, and then really faded into the background. Then after maybe 20 minutes, the scent seems to be equally floral and equally spicy. I don't have a good enough nose to know what spices were used--maybe there's some pepper in there? Unlike one of the other reviewers, I did not detect a cinnamon note.

Lasting power isn't great, but I did not have any problems with it turning powdery.

Husband called it a "nice warm flowery scent" and gave it 7 or 7.5 out of 10. I basically agree--it's nice, but not exactly a standout or edgy, and not really "me." I typically like warmer, sexier scents.

Edited by Opulence

In the imp: Fresh cut lilies.

Wet on skin: The "freshly cut" aspect of the lilies dissipates. The scent still smells like lilies, just not as green.

Drydown: The scent of fading lilies. Going ... going ... gone.

All in all, if you like the scent of lilies, give this one a go. I did enjoy it while it lasted, but with an incredibly short wear time (maybe an hour?), it isn't worth it to get a bottle.

In the vial: sweet, fresh-cut lilies.

On the skin: The same, basically. Which does me no good, as lilies trigger my allergies.

If you love lilies, this is basically the single note for 'lily'. Enjoy.

Origin: Frimp from the Lab

Initial Thoughts: I like lily in some blends - I wasn't sure about what "cobra" implied. Time to find out!

In the Vial: Sweet, fresh, slightly greeny lily. A second sniff detects an undertone of something grounding...the faintest resin or sandalwood.

Wet: For a moment I get that green rush that I usually get with rose, where it goes all stem and leaves. But it morphs very quickly into that undertone note, which means said undertone note is something like red sandalwood, a darker musk, incense, or patchouli-related...something that my skin amps like a fiend. However, the lily is not backing down without a fight.

Drydown: An interesting detente has formed between the lily and the amper. The amper is keeping the lily from going too green on me and lending a nice spicy flair to the scent. The lily is keeping the amper from going into "cheap headshop" territory. A scent quiet enough for the work environment, with an edge of sexy to it.

Verdict: Definitely keeping the imp. We'll see if it gets used enough to turn into a bottle purchase.

Wow, a lily that actually works on me! This is heady, lovely lily, but not the quite the shrieking white floral I'm used to, this is fleshier and more well grounded, there's something sweet grounding this lily. It's a fruity floral that's very pretty and bright--great for spring/summer!

This is very, very bright, very clear white lily. (Which is funny, because in real life cobra lilies look like alien snakes. But real life voodoo lilies smell like dead body, so.) I agree with the above posters that reference it as strong, grounded, not powdery, not soapy, and not particularly long-lasting, but a pure and lovely lily. This isn't the exact way I like my lily note - the drydown stage of Voodoo Lily would be that - but I've found this layers perfectly with every scent I've ever sniffed and thought, "Hm, kind of want a lily in there."

I received this as a frimp from the Lab.

In the Imp: Well, it's definitely heady. Very, very strong floral wafting out. My temples are beginning to throb.

Wet: Oh God, LILY. This. Is. So. Loud. I MUST figure out why some florals are perfectly beautiful and why others give me this insta-headache and overpower my nose... This is definitely a nose-clogger. The rotting sweetness... it suffocates...

Dry: After lily hell dries down, I smell spiced orange on my skin. Juicy and sort of clove-y. Unfortunately, there's still that migraine inducing floral tainting the spiced citrus. Not worth the headache that I won't be able to get rid of for the rest of the day, though. Or the memory of the smell of lily that's now stuck in my nose even after this scent has been frantically scrubbed off. This is indeed a vicious scent.

Edited by SunsetKay

Lily in the bottle. Not much to write home about; it's a fairly standard lily which eventually turns sickly-sweet. I have much nicer lilies elsewhere.

This gives an immediate impression to me of heady, red-fruity lily. I'm getting something alongside the lily that reminds me of red roses with a hint of red grapes that aren't quite grapes. Like artificial red grapes in a centerpiece bowl: not rubbery, but not real, either. Or something like cranberry with absolutely no tartness at all. But not much soul, either. Maybe it just makes me think of "red fruits" in the way that there are "purple fruits" in Imperious Tiger-Lily.

This is red, anyway...

There's something about it that smells too artificial to me, whether it is or not.

A beautiful lily scent, definitely more assertive than Black Lily. I agree I get a little whiff of orange but the peel rather than the whole fruit, there isn't a juicy aspect. To me this is more of a summer lily where Black Lily is a spring lily.

Well, this one demanded to be noticed. It went on as screaming lily at first. Wet, that's pretty much all it is. When it dries there is a fruitiness that I think is some kind of currant with a now quieter lily. That's really all I get. It does feel pretty commanding and lilies don't typically do that for me. They are usually very soft and pleasant. I think the fruit note that I really think is red currant is just pushing it to be louder. Not a big fan.

Nothing vicious here at all, on me. Sweet orange gives this a fruitiness that reminds me of Akuma. Usually I amp lily but here it's overpowered by the orange note; maybe it will show up on further drydown. Nice but not exceptional; I'll keep the imp but won't buy a bottle.

In the imp: A citrus-tinged lily. Not sure if it is orange, neroli, or bergamot yet. The oil in my imp is yellow.

Wet: A very heady lily, with the edges tinged by some citrus fruit. I don't think it's neroli, because it's not being problematic on me. It makes me think of a lily with an orange tree or some abandoned orange peels nearby.

Dry: The lily is softer now, but this remains a citrus-tinged lily scent. The orange-y note is sharper and more bitter now. The lily itself is a sweet one which does not end up turning to soap on my skin.

Verdict: This one is okay, but not something I'd elect to wear. The orange peel vibe is too sharp for me. As far as lilies go, Tiger Lily is my go-to lily scent. I'm glad I got to try this one, though!

Edited by dementia_divine

Wet: Hmm, this is a lot different than other lily scents I have tried. Lily often smells like wet cardboard on me...bitter and strange. This is more green than anything.

Dry: Dries much less green. I would call it a sweet, soapy floral. Not great on my skin chem, there are many other florals I love much more.