BPAL Madness!

The shadowy, fitful scent of nightmare, rife with ill-omen: osmanthus and tuberose over pulsating, heated skin musk, spiked carnation, night phlox and vesper iris.

In Bottle: Soft sweet floral

On Skin: I love this. A floral I actually am completely falling for, write that down. :P I was so scared of the tuberose and carnation since both notes generally don’t work on me, but something is sweetening them up. The musk gives it a beautiful depth that makes this “not just another floral”. It has that beautiful sexy raw note musk tends to turn into on me, especially skin musk. So delicious and naughty. While the florals are strong, they don’t drown you are come across too perfumey. This is a scent that will get attention and I’m guessing people will be asking you what you are wearing. I love it, and how even though there is a slighty darker “evil” side to this scent, I don’t feel nightmares or omens from it… it’s too pretty! It also has a slight tropical note to it… something creamy and sweet. I would love to have more of this scent. Edited by Shollin

I had this on my wishlist since the first Poe series came out and once it was gone, had given up all hope of getting my hands on an imp. Lucky me, since I left it on my wishlist, OW sent me an imp with a few left over Yule decants that I'd been waiting for. On to the review..

There's supposed to be florals in here? *sniff* I get skin musk vaguely reminiscent of Hexennacht (which is the reason I wanted to try this in the first place) with a HINT of flower if I sniff enough.

Mmmmm I think this is one of those scents that sits close to your skin, which I love in the right blend.

\o/ Yay. Dreamland is definitely a winner for me. :P

First sniff: Soft pale floral with a teeny bit of water.

Wearing: Oh, this is very nice. It’s smoothed out into a very round, creamy floral. By the final drydown, it is – at least to my nose – exactly what you’d get if you removed the vanilla from Antique Lace. It’s stunningly gorgeous and I’m wondering why the freep I didn’t buy a bottle… but I’m very grateful to dpoulsen21 for my imp. :P

I LOVE Dreamland, it's one of my favorites.

It is hard to describe Dreamland. It's pink smelling with the spicy carnation keeping it from being too innocent. It is a very unique oil- thank you Beth!

:P A great floral scent. The tuberose is most prominent, so if you are not fond of a strong floral, this is not for you. But as for me....."please, sir, I'd like some more".

Dreamland - On my skin, it’s all tuberose and iris. I’m surprised the carnation doesn’t show up because my skin and carnation usually interact really well. I don’t like the scent in the vial as it smelled too heady and floral, but once it’s one my skin it becomes not so much a heady floral as a rich floral. It’s so rich that I don’t see being able to wear this scent indoors, but only when I’m going to be spending time outside and the fresh air can diffuse the scent a bit. It is pretty, however, and after about 2 hours, the richness softens and gains a sweet, ethereal quality. Just gorgeous. The staying power is moderate. I have two imps and will be passing one along, but hanging on to the other.

In the bottle: Very floral. I can easily smell the carnation, iris, and skin musk.

On me: This is an incredibly light scent, though it's spicy and dreamy, too. It makes me think of standing out near the ocean in the middle of the night, with night-blooming flowers all around me. I like it a lot, but it may end up being a scent-locket scent due to the fact that it's so light on me. Then again, it might work as a fragrance that I can wear to work, since it's very light and inoffensive.

Verdict: I probably don't need the entire bottle that I own, but I like this scent anyway. Perhaps I'll end up decanting out a few imps, since I don't think I could use up the whole bottle myself.

Edit - Later on: Wow! This scent has morphed! It's gotten stronger and sweeter with wear. It's almost like Sleepy Moon's fraternal twin sister. This is a gorgeous scent!!! I've decided that I'm not giving ANY of this away. This is getting kept all for myself!! :P

Rating: 5/5

Edited by Karen Ziemkowski

In the bottle and when I first put this on, it's a very light floral. The longer description says it's a scent of nightmares (?) but I don't get that at all. It's very soft and sort of "dreamy". But the longer I have it on, the more it amps on me. I can't really pick out any specific notes because they blend so nicely, but my skin is really amping it up. I actually had to go wash some off because it was giving me a headache! Note to self: apply this very sparingly!

Wet: Actually, very lovely. A lovely floral, with a strong and indeed a rather wicked edge. It reminds me of Thalia, but with more...bite, I suppose.

Dry: Ah, Dreamland, why did you turn just...tolerable? I think this is the phlox; I have the feeling this is the phlox. Am I phlox?

If Dreamland does not morph into something wonderful to me, well, there are always buyers for LEs.

Edited by indicolite

From the description (not the notes) I expected this to be heavier. Surprisingly this is a refreshing, upbeat, flowery feminine scent that I really like. Growing up we lived behind a florist. They'd throw their old flowers in a dumpster that was about 30 feet from our backyard. AS kids we'd go through the dumpster "scoring" lovely unwanted flowers. This is what Dreamland reminds me of. It was nice to revisit my youth in this perfume. I love it.

ADDED August 10:

This one is sooooo lovely. Light, flowery, and crisp. Definitely a good bedtime scent, or one to calm you down. A plus is that is smells great too. I love it

This is my "social face of BPAL" scent. A creamy floral that couldn't offend anyone, yet keeps me sniffing my wrists in hedonistic pleasure. Ultra-feminine without being icky.

Dreamland-

In Bottle: Light and sweet floral like gardenia.

Wet: Light, sinus-clearing floral.

Dry: This kind of dries down into a bit of a mishmash and fades. Sorry that it didn't work for me.

Overall: Not for me.

Dreamland

Hmm well.... unfortunately for me (And you I suppose) the only note I would have been able to recognise would have been the Carnation, and I can't even smell that!!!! This is another one of those scents for me.. that is very smooth and doesn't morph at all during wear.

Having said that, it's really nice actually. It smells yellow to me (if that makes sense) Yellow flowers, and it's very creamy and musky and light. I suppose it is a kind of dreamy smell, quite comforting.

Also like a few people have said, there isn't much throw really, it just kinda fades after a little while.

Overall, A nice fluffy floral that I can't pick any notes out of (sorry peeps)

I wouldn't buy a bottle, it's very feminine indeed, but people at work seemed to say it was nice on me so... I suppose that's something.

:P

This is a very white floral. It smells in the imp and on skin all the same.

I can get whiffs of tuberose, iris and osmanthus. But the overall impression is of a very clean soap. Like Ivory soap.

This isn't an unpleasant smell. But I feel very ambivalent about it. It's pretty... but not a standout in my book. Since it's only a half-imp I'm not sure if I will keep it or not. I feel very fortunate to have tried it though.

in the bottle: a white floral, with a tinge of spicyness. rather sweet.

on me: wet - became less obviously floral, sharper notes more apparent.

dry - generally tempers down, scent becomes more mixed, unable to make out distinct notes. it becomes a general pleasant floral scent.

a calming scent, though fragrance faded fast. nice, but didn't leave a particularly strong impression.

In bottle: Carnation and musk.

On me: Sweet and spicy and floral and good! Musk is moderate here. Throw is very light. The phlox and the carnation come out more than the iris does. This is a soft spring floral.

Wow...of the "soft pretty white florals" in this series, this one is definitely my favorite - there is something round and vanilla-like that evens this up to my nose and gives my not-so-big-on-the-white-florals self more to work with. :P

i am definitely getting the skin musk, tuberose and night phlox with a hit of carnation. not sure what osmanthus smells like, and i dont get too much iris. in a word, this scent is ethereal. very delicate and floral, though the musk does add a bit of depth. this is interesting, and i quite like it!

In the bottle: soapy clean floral, almost aquatic, but not quite. On skin wet: a little masculine, and I could swear that I smell mint in it but not quite. Drydown: smells like gardenias, sorta like The Lady of Shallot. Kinda nodescript generic floral on me. Oh well!

in the imp and wet: floral goodness… it's hard to pick out any one note, very fresh kind of scent

dry: Mainly tuberose and iris and a teeny whiff of musk. It's sort of a blue-green scent to me (very fitting, because that's what the liquid looks like through the blue glass of my bottle.

overall: It's very, very nice, but almost a case of "too much of a good thing" in that it has so many of my favorite notes -- osmanthus, carnation, musk -- without any one of them really standing out. A good blend, but in the end, a bit too well blended for me to see using my entire bottle..

This really is a beautiful scent, sweet and pretty. It really surrounds you, and the skin musk adds a lot to it. It reminds me of Vasakasajja a lot. But I just wish it better embodied the description and the poem. The description was so cool and alluring! But there is absolutely nothing "pulsating" or "fitful" about this. And what cool words to apply to a perfume! I really wish that those words fit here, but all the words I can think of are "soft" and "pretty". It doesn't last very long either; I can barely smell it now. I've been wearing it for 2 hours and I really slathered too! Overall, I'm definitely keeping it because it's so lovely, but I kind of wish they would reformulate it to better fit the poem. I adore that poem.

In the imp: very light airy white floral.

On me, wet: lots of light white floral, the carnation and tuberose becoming more prominent. The musk is also more evident now.

On me, dry: Sweet airy light florals, bright and girly and pretty - the gardenia feels a bit like it's not quite meshing in, but everything else is great here.

Verdict: This is very pretty, though I think there are plenty of other white-floral blends also as pretty. I don't feel the need to hunt down more, but I'm glad I got to try this.

DreamlandSS.jpg

I got a decant of this as a frimp, and as soon I sniffed it, I hunted down a bottle...I was in love!

Clear white florals, with a slight undernote of something else -- maybe it's the musk? I'm not sure, as musk isn't always kind to my skin chemistry, but this blend is exquisite, especially the iris and phlox. No one note is amping, nothing causing a headache, and the throw is just right: lasts 3+ hours until needing a refresh. I'm not usually a fan of tuberose either (too sweet, under some circumstances), but it is wonderful in conjunction with the other notes.

*sigh* Another LE love...

Powdery, soapy flora when wet on skin. It reminds me a lot of Dove’s Heart which I recently tested. I can’t pick out the individual florals in this – it just smells of various florals I know I like. Drying down it deepens a little but still cannot pick out any of the named florals. A nice, comforting scent and probably something to be worn for bedtime, especially as it doesn’t have so much throw as some other blends. I probably expected this to be headier because it had tuberose. About 15-20 minutes later, it warms on skin and grows headier as desired! But still manages to retain its dreamy, powdery quality.

This is a beautiful floral. One of my very favorite ones. In fact, Dreamland, Bearded Lady, and Beatrice are usually the only overly floral BPAL perfumes I ever wear. It's clear, fresh, and a bit sweet. Not cloying or heady at all. Just pretty and feminine. Elegant, even.

I can't smell the carnation in this and I don't know what osmanthus smells like, but I can tell there's tuberose, iris, and musk in it. Simply delightful.