BPAL Madness!

...This is the scent of autumn night, fires in the distance, with a touch of boozy swoon, playful sugar and thuggish musk.

I took a gamble on this bottle because I'd heard that previous years were very split on whether peope found it to be a hit or a miss. BUT, I really loved the idea of these notes together, and I love the idea of Devil's Night, so I put it in my cart. I'm really happy that I did. The 2016 Devil's Night is lovely-- one of my favorites from this year. It's not overly sweet. It's smoky, resin-y, smooth, fresh (but not green). A woody oriental with low throw, but when you do catch a sniff, it smells like Halloween.

2005 Version. Whoa, on application this is pure bonfire smoke and cinnamon! It reminds me only a biiiiit of Krampus.
This has more of a berry-freshness to it with that musk smoothening it out on drydown. The cinnamon nearly dies down alltogether, aw. Not getting much booze from this myself! :c

So far I have three different years of this one: ‘09, ‘11, and ‘16. ‘09 is boozy and cinnamony, on the foody side of the spectrum. ‘11 is green and sharp, all autum winds and smoke on the hotizon. ‘16 is like these two prior years fell in love and had a magical unicorn love child. It’s so beautiful it hurts. I need to finish collecting the other years so I can compare them all but this is hands down my favorite Weenie and it’s in my top five Bpal list.