BPAL Madness!
queenb

Eden

At the center of the Garden of Eden stands the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil. Though modern interpretations of the Bible claim that it was an apple that the Serpent of the Tree offered to Eve, it is widely believed that the true Fruit of True Knowledge was, in fact, a fig. This oil contains the innocence of the Garden, coupled with the Truth and Erudition found in the fruit of the Tree of Evil: fig leaf, fig fruit, honeyed almond milk, toasted coconut and sandalwood.

Just worn today!

Fabulious almond cream scent. I do see the true purity in this one. It's very sweet, yet not overpoweringly so. I enjoyed it as a sweet breath of fresh air during the warm summer.

Where's the green stage everybody's talking about? I get no green at all. Instead I get a very wearable fig right at the beginning. Surprisingly coconut doesn't make its normal loud, boisterous appearance, but I think it does add a bit of warmth and creaminess. After a couple hours the sandalwood finally makes and appearance and this become something I really, really like. I don't know that it will be a workday scent, but definitely a nice Saturday scent.

First Sniff : Something about this reminds me of Tarot: The Star. Fresh, slightly cool with coconut underneath.

Wet : Imagine that first moment of life in The Garden. All the living things waking up for the first time. The sun shining on dew-kissed leaves. The scent of life permeating through the fiber of everything. Eden is alive - green, and lush. Bright green leaves - take one off the fig tree caress it with your fingers and crush it up to your nose to smell it's essence. Maybe if you sniff closely you can find just a hint of the regret to come when The Garden is ripped from mankind forever.

Dry : Sweetness follows man and woman as they awaken in this lush paradise. They have everything they need. Eden truly is the land of milk and honey. They want for nothing. This is the scent of comfort. Find yourself lost in the rich ambrosia of milk and almonds warmed with swirls of fresh honey. Stay here for a while and soak it all in.

Final Thoughts : I don't believe that I had ever considered that a perfume could tell such an evocative story. But then again, that was before I discovered BPAL. Eden is beautiful and it has found its way into my heart and one my top 10 list already. The drydown is a beautiful sweet relvery that most anyone could relate to and enjoy. Upon waking this morning, my wrists still carried the faint scent of caramel and coconut. Truly spectacular.

Edited by lysithea

In the vial: Almond oil. My first thought? "Penance would HATE this!" :P

Wet, on my skin: Almonds to the infinite power! But then something green and leafy emerges--I'm assuming it's the fig leaves. The almonds fade back, and then I can smell the coconut. Lovely!

On drydown: Sweet, juicy figs mingling with honey, almonds and coconut. Quite fruity and delicious. A lot more fruity than I expected, but that's OK because I love fruity scents! I don't really get anything "milky" or "creamy" though. Something about Eden reminds me of March Hare--kinda like March Hare with the addition of coconut and almond.

Absolutely gorgeous with a strong punch of coconut in the bottle.

On my skin, it stays coconut/almond/milk shifting to fig for the first 2 hours, then very figgy, but keeping the milky almond. It's luscious, but alas, fades fairly quickly after the first two hours.

On first application: I get a surge of the almond milk and coconut and i love it!

But within 15 minutes, I get the green leafy aspect full force and my lovely coconut mostly disappears. It's okay but goes through a dangerously close to "soapy" phase for awhile there.

After an hour or so, a touch of milky sweetness creeps back in and takes the edge off the green aspect. (but it never goes back to smelling specifically of coconut or anything again.)

Drydown after 2 or more hours - the green edge disappears and it's mostly just the dark, woody, slightly sweet figs that I get from other Bpal fig blends.

Overall, I do like the scent, but here's what's kept me personally from keeping the bottle....

The first couple hours are nearly identical to another fig-based perfume (they share similar notes) I already have a bottle of and wear regularly.

And the late drydown phase of this is nearly identical on me to the drydown of Gomorrah, which I also have a bottle of and wear regularly.

Trying to get out of my ruts, so have passed this on to someone else to enjoy.

Edited by wolfie13

My first reaction to Eden: THIS SMELLS LIKE PLANTS!!! The scent evokes a kelly green color in my mind. I eventually was able to smell some warmth behind the greenery, but eh...I don't know if I can sit through all of the green to get to the fig, coconut, and almond. I'll give Eden another shot.

It's been awhile since the last time I demanded that Mike sniff my wrist.. this is so lovely.

I'm not picking up the green that others are mentioning. Right off the bat I'm getting sweet creamy almonds (at which point I demanded the sniff). The scent is still morphing though, and I also detect fig and a light undercurrent of coconut.

The scent is fairly light right now, but the true test will be tomorrow (temp of 93). I hope it blooms, because I just love it.

Thanks, labbies :P

In Bottle: Holy sweetness batman!

On Skin: This is beyond sweet, wow! The honeyed almond milk hits me first and the coconut as well. Very tropical. The sandalwood gives it a beautiful woody depth while the fig is both tart and sweet. The fig leaf gives a minty green note and is also kind of a sap scent, a very nice contrast to all the sweetness. It dries to a very light powdery green earthy scent losing most of the fruity notes. I ordered this as a 5ml without ever even smelling it since the description grabbed me. I’m glad I did, this is a beautiful complex scent.

Eden is glorious on my skin when it's wet. It smells of almond and vanilla and other good edible things (edible is good in my perfume-book). and then... fig. Fig always seems to turn into a cheap, nasty potpourri scent. So after the dry down, Eden is absolutely not for me.

First Impression: A green aquatic with hints of unsweetened coconut around the edges.

Dries down to: This is ecstacy! It's become much more complex now. It's very hard to pinpoint but I definitely get coconut with flashes of almond, a feeling of wanting to sniff deeper and something dry underneath it all.

Additional Comments: It must be the fig leaf that's giving it the "green" feeling and the fig (I'm not familiar with single note fig but this is definitely the fresh fruit, not the dried) that's giving it the "aquatic" feeling. The coconut is lovely - what a difference having it toasted rather than sweetened. It's the same effect you get as when toasting nuts and spices - the essential aroma is heightened. The honey almond milk adds just a touch of sweetness and, for once, the honey behaves itself on my skin - must be the sandalwood keeping it under control. I love this!! It's headed straight for the "Big Bottle" list.

Lasted: About 4 hours.

Rating: 4.5 out of 5

Eden is just lovely. It's a very dry, fresh coconut, which is unusual, as coconut 9 times out of 10 evokes "tropical." Not this. It starts off, surprisingly, almost green it's so fresh, and the coconut is definitely there. The most delightful part, however, is the dry-down. I applied this right before nodding off for a nap, and when I woke up, I was treated to the loveliest light, sweet fragrance of milky, toasted coconut with a slightly earthy base. Just gorgeous. I'm so glad I ordered a 5ml.

P.S. I should add that I normally cannot wear fig. It becomes all plastic doll-heads on me. However, in Eden, it's just adds a bit of sweetness. Perfect.

This really does smell like a garden without resorting to usual green plant smells and flowers. It IS green, but it's a different green. I smell primarily that, fig, and the almond milk, and the fig is the first thing to strengthen. After a while just a hint of the toasted coconut comes out, but all-in-all this doesn't morph too much on me.

This is a majorly pretty, light, slightly sweet, unoffensive day-scent. I just can't get over how well it evokes the "garden" mood without smelling like anything I've ever smelled before. Utterly perfect.

Eden

in vial: coconut and almonds (smells like an Almond Joy candy bar without the chocolate)

wet: coconut and almonds and green fig leaf

dry: a wonderful blend of fig, honey, coconut, and sandalwood...lasts about 5 hours

verdict: this is lovely and goes on my big bottle wishlist

in the imp there was a green scent to it, plus the almonds and coconut and I can smell the fig, I swear I can smell fig a mile away sometimes.

wet on the skin it went on way too green for me but after it dried down for about 10 minutes it was beautiful. Everything mixed together wonderfully and now I must buy a bottle of this because I love it so. It dries to this wonderful honey, slightly fig with a touch of almond scent on me. Very warm and not overpowering.

In the bottle: Coconut and fig. I'm not sure I'll like this, but the same kind friend sent it so I can't just toss it aside.

Wet: Coconut, fig and a little almond milky scent. It's...I don't know. It's not that it smells bad and more that it simply smells weird to me. It has this light kinda nuttiness that makes my stomach clench up. I'm really not good around coconut or fig scents. Almond isn't a big favorite, either.

Dry down: Coconut and almond. Almost all of the fig has been eaten up or just hasn't arrived yet. This has a very creamy, milky kind of scent to it so I'm guessing it's more coconut milk than the nasty coconut shavings that get all hard and disgusting. It still isn't making my stomach very happy, though. It's just...once we bought a coconut wanting to pop it open and drink the milk and eat the inside. But it was rotten. And we poured the milk and it tasted funny. And then we popped it open and saw how nasty it was, and I nearly threw up even though I'd had only a little, little, little of the bad milk. This reminds me of that.

Dry: Coconut and a little trace of fig. Unfortunately, the idea of rotten coconut milk is not going away so I have to wash this off.

"Eden" is one of my favorite names/words, and I never think of Biblical Eden with all that judgmental good n' evil stuff; I think of when I saw Sarah Brightman on her "Eden" tour, and the stage was full of warm light and velvet-draped sofas and hot shirtless men frolicking around. Hey, every diva gets to design her *own* paradise! :P And if Beth's paradise is figs, that sounds good to me.

Eden the oil starts out kinda weird on me--a plastic note that *has* to be the coconut (drat, forgot that was in there). This fades to allow almond milk reminiscent of Dana O'Shee to emerge. There's a soft, rich sandalwood note underneath. And...here, figgy, figgy! Where is it? I LOVE figs, and I've had no luck with BPAL fig scents--the note just doesn't like to come out on me. ::dabs more on:: On second dab, the lovely Dana notes beat the plastic coconut to the punch; very nice. And on the drydown, the fig made a brief, lovely appearance with its signature green-yet-creamy gorgeousness. But it has to fight the ick-coconut every step of the way.

ETA: I tried it on Brian. *He* got figs. ::pout:: Well, apparently I have been cast out of Fig Paradise! :D

Edited by Laurel the Woodfairy

eden is mega, mega green on me. nose tinglingly green. there's coconut there, too, and it's lovely, but overall eden is just TOO green for me...it hurts my nose to smell it :P if my skin weren't playing up the green, tho, this would be LOVELY!

My skin loves fig, and therefore, my skin loves Eden. It's delicious - very figgy with a hint of green (it was slightly greener at first, but not the WHOA HOLY GREEN everyone's talking about), and undertones of warm, creamy almond milk with coconut backing it up. There was one stage where I could smell the almond more, but now it's hiding and just playing a very quiet, supporting role in the creaminess.

It has throw too - not many scents have throw on me. It's not strong though, at least not in an overpowering way. But it does make itself known.

I have another imp of this coming in another swap, and I'm so glad I do. :P It goes on the big bottle list for sure!

Edited by sarahmarie

I purchased this as a 5ml untested from ebay so we will see how this goes

in bottle: scary too sweet coconut

I AM LEERY :D

two minutes in: I can detect the fig(thank you god or what have you :D )

The fig increases and vanquishes the coconut(to atleast a draw). The coconut is still bothering me but its becoming increasingly bareable. The fig seems rich and lovely, but the coconut and almond milk are dancing the weirdest dance on me. The blend seems quite heavy on my skin in the first few minutes. No sandalwood, but then I didn't expect him yet or even to join the party later :D

Dried: Starting to like this one(holds up caution sign), but I did not like the blends wet stage on my arm. The ripe figs have depth, this blend has throw. The toasted coconut is restraining itself, but not enough, and the almond milk is turning a bit..off, like sickly almond liquid soap that somehow brings coconut in there at a public restroom. Almond milk is going where he usually does not tread...and the coconut talked him to it. A shame :P

Final: This is a heavy languid scent on me, definately a summer scent, and if you can get the almond milk to work with the coconut and the fig, it will be lovely. I do like past the dry down, just not love. The almond-coconut passed some barrier there.

Throw: 8/10

(my)enthusiasm: 6/10

Like it: 6/10 Six because I do like the fig, but the coconut and almond milk(some combination therein) are doing kind of the opposite of wicked-lovely things...and kicking fig's ass to the ground and stealing the stage.

I may swap or sell this bottle, unfortunately.

Court

Edited by Court Analyst/Strategist

Strange, kind of sharp at first. Putting my nose to it, I don't love the green sharpness of it, but its waft is lovely. A vanilla, sort of. While drying, fig gets my attention if I put my nose to it, but the waft is all almond vanilla. A touch of coconut appears in the waft if you really try to put your nose on it, so to speak (not nose to wrist, but trying to identify the scent). There's a fruity fig center to it, but the outer edges are just that beautiful touch of Snow White.

Definitely getting a larger bottle of this, although I may save it for an order that would arrive in early spring--this doesn't strike me as a fall/wintery scent.

Edited by quikslvr

Oo, is there Orange Blossom in this? No? Are you sure? Mr Oro loves the scent of Eden on me, but all I can smell is the sandalwood and coconut, and a top note of bitter. It reminds me of Dana O'Shee, that same kind of creamy-soft sweetness. It's nice, but not me, I'm afraid.

Oro

At first this smells very like vanilla and almond, but after it dries the scent changes remarkably on me. Once dry it is more complex, definitely. A lovely honeyed fig scent, with a slight hint of wood. Very sunny and friendly. Like Eden would have been! I really like it. I was a little worried about the honey in it, since I thought honey scents went bad on me, but from this and a couple other recent imps I’ve realized that some honey scents are awesome, but some (like Sudha Segara) really don’t work. Now I gotta go order a bunch more honey scent imps…

I don't normally care for coconut, but the rest of the description sounded so wonderful - all sorts of figgy, almondy-milky goodness - that I couldn't resist. Also, I've been trying to expand my boundaries lately & try things I normally wouldn't, and in the past I've caught myself enjoying the smell of toasted coconut, so it seemed worth a try.

When my imp arrived, my impression from the vial was a sort of green, light & creamy sweetness. Wet, it smelled green & creamy for the first minute, and then gradually I began to feel queasy. The next 20 minutes were an endurance test - all coconut all the time, but just creamy enough so that I didn't run for the soap & water. After about 40 minutes, the drydown was a fairly yummy lightly honeyed fig. Almost worth the beginning ...

So I've learned a valuable lesson. Toasted or not, coconut is a boundary that is not meant to be expanded. Why make my stomach feel woobly when there are so many other delicious scents to wear? Too bad I can't skip to the end smell.

Bottle (Imp): A little bit sweet and quite breezy fresh.

Just On: Sweet grasses and breezes all intermingled.

An hour or two later: Ooh, it gets even sweeter, and it's gorgeous.

Around 6 hours: It's so lovely. It does have a soap tinge, but in a really good way.

12 hours: It's all faded now.

Overall: I love the sweet parts, and could do without the soapy tiny bit.

After reading other reviews: I see where the sweetness comes from, it's the fruits. I can't pick them out though.