BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
blood*rose*flowers

Elegba

The Spirit of the Divine Messenger, the Lord of the Crossroads, He Who Owns All Doors and Roads in this World. He is the intermediary between the Orishas and mankind, and stands at the intersection of humanity and the Divine. He opens all paths of communication, both mundane and Heavenly. His ofrenda contains coconut, tobacco and sweet, sugared rum.

In the bottle and wet, hot buttered rum. Coconut jumps out and smells like warm toasted coconut sauteed in rum. Damn... I need a pina colada! Very pretty, and reminds me of a cake my mom used to bake. This is going to be a fav!

This is deliscious! In the bottle it's rummy, sugary, coconut. On, it looses some of the rum but stays a sugary coconut. I love coconut scents, and this is definately a keeper, I have a large bottle on the way! YUMMY! :D :P

initial application is rum and coconut...in that order......

then the coconut which hates my chemistry ends up turning this beautiful blend into an absolute burnt and rubbery scent.... :D

bums me so badly that all the labs coconut scents turn rank with my chemistry....

:P

elegba

at first: sweet. this reminds me of some sort of candy.

on: gorgeous. very heavy and lush. it's mostly coconut and rum, and is kind of buttery.

2 hours later: a teensy bit smoky, but mostly that buttery coconut with a dash of rum.

4 hours later: very, very soft. sweet and creamy.

9 hours later: dusty. the tobacco is most prevalent, with the coconut and rum hiding in the background. lovely.

overall: i really like this a lot. i probably wouldn't get myself a bottle, but i'm definitely going to enjoy using up what i have.

Elegba

Yup - smells identical to Grog, but without the heavy booze note. Because of the lack of serious booze, a lighter, nuttier flavor comes out.

It's sugary, warm & very, very foody. It's burnt sugar syrup with nuts. Caramel syrup. It gets better and better as it dries down.

I love this. I loved Grog, too, but the alcoholic note was distracting and took a long time to dry off.

I ordered a 10ml of this without a second thought.

I ordered this before I made the connection between rum and the burnt-sugar smell I get from some of the blends, so I was concerned that it wouldn't work at all. However, this one has pulled one of Beth's unexpected tricks. It goes on almost a little buttery, and quickly settles into a deep toasted-coconut aroma that I rather like! If there's any tobacco in there, it's a sweet pipe tobacco, maybe one that's had a little rum sprinkled on it in the jar -- but the dominant note on me is definitely the coconut. Staying power appears to be moderate, but then I've also been out running around in the heat today. Bottom line: to my surprise, I think this one is a keeper.

On my skin, Elegba smells very similar to Perversion, but without the sickly sweet smell that always made me a little nauseous. Hurray!

Elegba is rum, coconut and buttery, with tobacco to pin it all down. It's tropical without being too much so (but I'll try mixing it with Baba yaga to get the pina colada effect anyway)

Elegba made me nauseous the same way that Black Pearl did. On my skin, it is buttery to the point of being overpowering. After about an hour of drydown though the butter scent goes away and I am left with the scent of sugar and coconut rum and then I couldn't stop smelling myself because it was nice (I am a lush when it comes to coconut rum though so that may have been part of the attraction). I am not sure that this is something that I want to walk around smelling like but I'll give it another go (or at least use the rest of my imp) before I decide whether or not to buy a bottle.

coconut and mint on me...very similar to spooky, but take away the chocolate and add a smoky note.

elegba and i just aren't getting along at all. i'm sure this would smell wonderful on someone else.

I knew I would love this and had bought a 5 ml unsniffed. Wow was I right! Pure heaven! This is sweet sugary rum , sweet toasted coconut with a pinch of spiceness underneath. I feel like I'm laying on a beach soaking up the sun in a private tropical island. I love this. It does lack a little in staying power, but reapplication is no problem when it smells this good! :P

In the bottle and initial application: Smells like Butter Rum lifesavers. I really don't like that "butter" note.

After about 20 minutes: I get the coconut (which I love and doesn't go weird on me - yay) and sugared rum. Unfortunately, I also get too much of the smokiness which doesn't really work for me.

Sad - I have yet to find the right coconut scent for me.

Fantastic!

That coconut scent jumps right out, along with creamy goodness. As it drys, a sweetness remains; however, it isn't a sweetness of fruit, or candy, sort of a sweetness of a more subdued nature. Prehaps that is from the butter?

I honestly don't get much of the smoke like some have posted about. I'm really happy I decided to try this one!

In Bottle: Coconut rum.

On Skin: This is tasty… I want to drink it. The coconut is so strong, and the rum is buttery and sweet. It reminds me of some sort of tropical dessert. The tobacco isn’t even present to me…. Unless it’s the dry powdery note I can’t place in the background. It is quite a foody scent, not one I’d really wear but might like on someone else.

My Impression:Boy this is hard to add anything to the description of this scent as it is SO dead on...Butter Rum, and ahh the cocconut blend together so lovely with the lightest hint of the tobacco note. Truely lovely indeed. On a scale of 1 to 5 this is 3.5

I might just hoard this imp myself ...(is immediately ashamed of saying that outloud) :P

Elegba smells... pretty much exactly what you would expect from coconut, tobacco and sweet, sugared rum. :P Both in the bottle and on my skin, really, though in the bottle it comes across as quite a bit sweeter than it does once it's applied.

Generally rum hates me with the red hot fury of a thousand burning suns, and spoils any party he's invited to, but Elegba has mellowed him out considerably. I'm definitely keeping the imp, but I'm not yet convinced it works well enough on me to want more than that.

caramelized coconut and nuts toasted in butter. i don't get the "rum" smell .. rum is made from cane, and i get no sugar cane or alcohol from this.

it really reminds me of gluttony, without the cream and the chocolate.

i make a fruit cobbler that has a coconut and nut topping that smells ex.act.ly like this!

elegua, the opener of doors. i shall keep you and use you to call elegua to me when i need counsel regarding a new venture in my life.

This is Jack Sparrow in a bottle. Beth, you are a goddess.

On first application, Elegba is all Grog and a hint of toasty coconut. Upon drydown, the tobacco emerges softly...I could swear there's a lick of leather in there as well, but perhaps I'm...erm...projecting a little.

It's boyish for me, but I like it.

*nances off to sniff self and dream of Captain Jack* :P

The rum and coconut smell so good together. It reminds me of Grog. But Grog is warmer, more foody, and has a stronger throw. Elegba is lighter and more subdued. The tobacco adds a slight spiciness. Makes me wish I were lying on an island somewhere in the Caribbean.

Edited by tinyvulture

I had the chance to sniff and try this thanks to dcmo.

In the bottle: Sweet foody boozy heaven shot through with coconut.

First on: The coconut is very true and strong followed with sugary rum and a light floral note.

After a bit: The tabacco becomes more apparent as tabacco and is perfectly balanced with the coconut and rum.

Papa Legba would be proud of this scent that honours him, and I need a 10ml!

Super, super sweet and buttery. Smooth, luscious rum with a coconut undertone. It's that really sweet rum note that is also in Grog, but this one's not as overpowering, it's really nice. What else can I say? I love it, this imp will go into my regular rotation. :P

Ooo, yum! I ordered this with Brian in mind, and I was right: we both went "mmmm!" and it's definitely very him. Coconut is not a good note on me, but on him it blends creamily into the surprisingly sweet and buttery rum. The tobacco is really interesting--it's not a heavy note as it is in Hearth, but it's a clever way to add sweetness in a more masculine way than most sugary notes would be. I can indeed see this being a Jack Sparrow oil! :D Definitely a winner for the boy. :P

Wet on me this is buttered rum with dry coconut in the background. As it dried it became a slightly stale smell on me, but fortunately that didn't last too long. Dry on me this is predominantly creamy coconut with something sharp (the tobacco?) in the background. On the whole I like this, but I'm not certain I'd wear it.

Rum and tobacco! There is a bit of coconut in this, but all it does is make this scent smell a lot like pipe tobacco, or a sweeter bay rum (the way I wished Baron Samedi would have been). Yum!

Wow. In the bottle, and wet on my skin, this smells like butterscotch cooking chips. After a few minutes, it dries into the exact same scent as this Nexus shampoo I used to use as a kid. Blissful coconut.

This could be love!

Wow...I really love this. It is sweet and smooky and boozy (without smelling like I've just come off a bender). THis is a scent that is fun as a tropical summer scent and that will be nice in winter as a reminder of sun baked warmth. This scent envelops me. It reminds me a lot of how Perversion reacts on my skin, actually, but with out the sex of the wine and tonka bean, and when my bottle of the big P runs out, Big Mr. E may well replace it, as I think I like this better...

Sign in to follow this