BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Macha

Detox

Purge, purify, cleanse.

I was recently overjoyed to be gifted with an early sample of this Panacea.

Sniffing the bottle, I'm hit with an olfactory splash of the freshest, brightest lime. It's light and glowing and I could well imagine that if I were hung over my eyes would widen a little and I'd feel much better. I know there's more going on there than just lime, but it is the scent I pick out the strongest, and the supporting cast is fantasically well blended. Clearly I'm just going to have to wear this a lot more to figure out exactly what's going on. ;-)

There was virtually no change from the bottle to my skin, but unfortunately my skin chemistry ate this pretty quickly. I'm going to have to break out the scent locket and tart warmer, but it's well worth sustaining. Before it faded, Detox was a comforting, clean citrus, a not-too-sharp lime that made me feel refreshed and awake. I'm not real prone to going out on late night splurges, but you better believe that this is the stuff I'd reach for the next morning if I did.

Fantastic stuff!!! :P

In the bottle a slightly sweet citrus scent. With the sweet forward.

Once on the lime rushes forward sharp and clean with a slight touch of sweet. Quickly this tones down to a more subtle scent that is very uplifting.The balance stays for some time of the slightly sweet with the lime reminding me of something like Limeaid but very natural.

I got this oil because I have been having problems with stress that I have been holding in my stomach area that has caused me to have a major knot sitting near my solar plexius. I was shocked when I used this oil and almost immediatly the stress drop in about half and I felt more together even though I was still in the middle of the stress. I have been wearing this on and off since and I am in love with how this makes me feel. Even now this is making me feel a little lighter. I am so happy that I got this one it really seems to be doing just what I needed!!!

detox

at first: LIME!!! actually, sweeter than lime. more like lime-flavored life-saver.

on: wow, this is sharp. like cutting into a fresh, juicy lime.

1 hour later: barely there. there's only the slightest hint if i sniff my wrists.

overall: this is definitely something that i'll have to reapply often, but that's ok. i really like it while it lasts.

This is all Lemon & Lime for me, really yummy. I put a few drops in my tart warmer w/ unscented wax chips, Heaven, I'm in Heaven :P

My Impression:

This is one of the sweetest citrus lime scents ever! Very clean and crisp and uplifting. I am not sure it makes a good perfume as I think I would enjoy this more as a room scent. It is quite lovely and interesting sweet for lime. :P

Crisp and cleansing citrus, lime and maybe a touch of grapefruit? It's difficult for me to tell since my skin tends to sort of jumble up citrus notes. This was strong without being unpleasant and dried down with a faint green, herbalness to it. Very refreshing and it very much helped me refocus and slough off all that mental baggage for a bit

I love my bottle of Detox. I got it because I am in something of a detoxification period and I'm trying to focus on not over-extending myself.

Detox is so fresh and mind-clearing! It's sweet and limey with some other notes that I can't identify, but which darken the lime up around the edges just slightly. I bring my bottle with me to work and when I feel the need for a little detox, I open it up and huff! It disappears pretty quickly from my skin, but most citrus oils do, and the effect while it lasts is very cleansing.

I agree with Macha that this would be a great hangover blend. It's very rejuvenating.

I've been trying to find a good lime scent for quite a while now. Detox is delicious, like a fresh cut lime dusted with sugar. It reminds me a bit of limeade (one of my favorite drinks). It stays strong and true to the first impression too.

I find this one to be very refreshing and invigorating. It's one of the only Panacea blends that I think I'll get a full bottle of.

As others have said, Detox is fresh, crisp, sweet lime. I love it. Not too bitter; not too sweet. Just fresh and wet. I woke up groggy with a hangover this morning, and it's exactly what I needed to bring me back into the land of the living. Unfortunately, although I slathered this all over my wrists, heart, and throat, it was GONE 30 minutes later. My skin just ate it. Perhaps this is a sign that I really needed detoxing? Note to self: carry Detox in bag.

Anyway, I wish it lasted a bit longer, but all in all, this oil serves its purpose beautifully. Fabulous aromatherapy.

Detox is certainly a straightforward lime, but to me it is not a sweet "limeade" lime. It strikes me more of lime as it is as an ingredient in Caribbean or Latin American cooking. I can almost detect a hint of cilantro. Definitely refreshing and invigorating, but I was hoping for something sweeter. (It's probably just my wonky chemistry, though!)

I got this as an extra in a swap (thanks Thursdae!), and tried it out today. I can't speak to its effectiveness, since I wasn't trying it for that or really thinking about it much, but I can say that it smells limey, sweet, refreshing and bright, without being at all sharp, ozone-y, or headache inducing. I liked it, but wish it lasted longer on my skin. It's life was 1-2 hours on me. A very nice scent, clean and refreshing.

I'm sorry this is so short, but this is from my notes taken way long ago in October at the Chicago Meetup. But any little bit helps?

Lemony, clean, vaguely herbal. I should note that it was a good, green herbal.

I found it and Lustration to be similar, but I should probably note that they might both have been adultrated by Moxie.

Lemon, Lime, twists of citrus peel resting on top of a very faintly sweet mint (to my nose at least) base. Maybe it's spearmint? But just a brush, not enough to make it scream 'here I am, mint!!!' It's very well balanced.

Lasts very briefly on my skin, but oh, those moments are bright, clear, and effervescent.

Reposting:

First sniff: Light, refreshing lime. Very direct and head-clearing.

Wearing: I like Detox a lot. It isn’t the sort of thing I’ve been drawn to lately (I’ve been all about food and incense recently), but I suspect it’ll be very good for its intended purpose, which is, after all, the point. It’s calm and refreshing.

I desperately do need to detox from stress, and also to revive my mind and just feel CLEAN. Detox is doing a good job of moving me towards this.

I love the scent of limes. They're my fresh, bright, happy scent. They do feel like cleanliness to me. Detox is pure limeade, like the kind I always get at Vietnamese restaurants. It's slightly sweet and sugary. Mmmmm.... I think I need something like this to put in my oil burner or my tart warmer. Something to put in as I houseclean to make myself feel all the more as though I have truly scrubbed the grime out of my house.

It reminds me of the Royal Lime eau de toilet my sister and I bought in Bermuda, at a Botanical gardens gift shop.

I definitely need a bottle of this.

i really, really like this one in the imp and while it lasts on my skin. sadly, i'm a citrus scent eater, and detox is no excpetion...it's gone within 10 minutes, fled without a trace.

i plan to try it in my scent locket, cause i just can't let it go!

bottle:

slightly minty, herbal, lemon... very clean.

wet:

very light scent. Lemony - wait I guess it's lime, and a little minty still. Very fresh

dry:

a really clean light scent, great for summer!

overall:

love it! get a bottle!

rating: 9/10

Ahh delicious! This is pure, slightly sweetened, lime-y goodness that goes zing! when you smell it. Like Tarot: The Star without the mint and coconut (obviously). This is wonderful stuff, and if I was able to actually afford more BPAL I'd buy a 5ml and slather it on everyday. It's crisp, fresh, fruity without being a cloying sticky sweet syrupy type of scent, and excellent for waking you up and refreshing the senses.

Woah! Bright citrus and a hint of mint. Very fresh and eye-opening, with lots of lime.

There is something in here that makes my asthma flare-up, though. Maybe yuzu?

Either way, it's very nice and bright but I can't wear it due to how it effects my chest, so this has already been passed on to someone else. :P

In the imp and on the skin, this was strongly citrus. Fresh, crisp, juicy citrus - mainly lime, with maybe a dash of grapefruit. It’s slightly sweet. This is wonderfully refreshing. It acts like citrus notes do, that is burn off pretty quick. After about 5 minutes, this has faded a lot and softened down to a softly sweet lime scent. After about 10 minutes, it’s pretty much gone.

It’s calming and I could see that it would be useful for letting go of the crap of life or stress in general. I have to say that I want that first initial scent back, that strong, sharp, crisp, juicy lime. It was wonderful!

Detox - This is the prettiest and most pleasant of the Panacea blends. Detox is a combination of the lightest, prettiest lavender and a light, but bright and vibrant touch of lime. It is a surprisingly delightful combination and I'm just blown away by how well it works. I've had a really tough time lately dealing with illness among every single person in my family and all of them needing to dump their problems on me since I'm the only healthy person. It's been overwhelming, frustrating, and I've really felt myself get burdened down by all of their problems. Last night, I reached a point where I was so overwhelmed that I could hardly function, and I realized that was quite possibly a really good time to test out the imp of Detox I'd been hanging on to for a while. Sure enough, within seconds after applying the oil, I felt relaxed and so much lighter, like I wasn't carrying the burden of my family members' illnesses on my shoulders. I was instantly able to feel happy just being me and not get overwhelmed by everything I have to do over the coming days. It was extremely cleansing and purifying. I was able to go to bed last night quite easily and I fell asleep quickly (this is a rare thing). The scent didn't last very long on my skin, but the effects were very long-lasting. I think that with everything I'm dealing with these days, a full bottle may be in order.

I like this blend a lot--it's clean and citrussy, and definitely more of a stimulating scent than Moxie, at least to me. It doesn't last very well, but it might work better in a scent locket, as others have mentioned.

In the imp: lime and lemon, but sweet rather than sharp.

On me, wet: lots of bright sweet lime with maybe a hint of lavender underneath.

On me, dry: ah, the lavender's gotten a little stronger on me, and I get a trace of mint now too, but mostly I just get bright sweet limes, like a lime-flavoured soda.

Verdict: Since this makes me want to drink fizzy sugary soda and eat candy, maybe not good for detoxing, but quite pretty. Probably a little too sweet for regular wearing, though.

A bright citrus scent, but it doesn't smell acidic. More sugary than acidic. It is crisp and clean smelling. There's something almost creamy underneath the citrus, too.

I know that other reviewers have gotten a lot of lime out of this, but I'm not getting solely lime. I don't know enough about perfume to know whether lime is a top note, but that's exactly how it always acts on me -- anything with lime in it smells strongly of lime for the first ten minutes and then it's gone. The citrus scent lasts long enough here that I know there's another citrus note in Detox too. Not sure exactly what it is, but it's not yuzu. (Yuzu SHOUTS on me.) Maybe grapefruit.

Anyway, I do usually like the lime blends because they are the softest citrus scents. I don't like anything too sharp or strong. I think Detox is my favorite Panacea blend.

Lemon pledge... < sigh > There's a sugary sweetness added to it though. Like some little kid just spilled the sugar bowl over the freshly polished wood dining table. Not a horribly bad scent.... but still Pledge.

Sign in to follow this