BPAL Madness!
Muppetk

Oya

... Oya’s ofrenda is a Nigerian potion of love and war, sweetened by darkest plum. Oya winiwini!

Wet: Plum for sure, but whatever the rest of it is went instantly soapy and powdery, preventing me from picking out notes. The plum note is very "fake plastic" smelling on me as well. This is just not working for me.

Wow. It always amazes me to read how much individual chemistry affects a scent. Wet, this smelled like sugared plums with a miniscule hint of spice. After it dried, I thought that I smelled lilies - but not the bad lilies - but who knows, it could have been any flower, I was too busy digging on that plum. And it was still the sugar plum smell on top, with an almost wine-ish quality at that point. I wore this out with the man and he said that I smelled like "flowery Kool-Aid". Lol. I don't know if that was good or bad, but I actually really love this one. It just smells bright and pretty.

Edited by SunsetKay

All cherry almond in the imp.

While it is wet, the plum comes out, but still has a almond smell to it. I agree with alot of pp's that it has a plastic smell to it. It is missing the "realness" of the plum, and the almond for that matter.

During the drying down, my skin sucked on it like a kid with a lollipop, kept it close to itself and and didn't throw it away. Some sort of sour flower is showing itself, but every note is shadowed by this fake smelling something. It's like I am trying to smell it through a layer of saran wrap almost.

I wanted to keep an open mind with this one but it just isn't meant to be. Off to the swap pile.

edited for spelling

Edited by Anita

I'm not getting plastic from this, and I'm sensitive to scents turning that way. To me this is a sparkling grape and amaretto/almond, with a deeper spiced plum on the drydown, but still fresh, not like potpourri. First BPAL I've tried that I can see using specifically for going out.

Date November 2016

In the bottle: This is difficult to explain, it is almost fuzzy. I close my eyes and inhale and get a sweet, fuzzy fruit, like crushed fruit peels. There is an airy scent, surprisingly gentle. No harsh notes. It is very mature, evokes the idea of a middle aged woman.

Wet on Skin: There is a tiny candied plum scent, mixed with a fresh airy scent, like violets. It's sweet without being sugary. It almost tickles the nose but is very feminine.

Worn 30+ mins: The sweetness has blended into a bit of an incense scent. The plum scent is still fuzzy like plum scented velvet. (I really like this one)

Worn 3+ hours: The airy scent has dried away. The violet plum and fuzzy scent have blended into a sweet plum resin-sandalwood scent. This is a nice mature and feminine scent.
I've had two other plum perfumes before. The first was borrowed from a friend, it was so candy sweet the whole time and made me smell like lollipops. The second is Rare Amethyst by Avon, which was very bright-cheerful scent that dries down to a candy sweet alcohol scent. This Oya has all the gentle sweetness of plum but for a mature woman, with none of the alcohol after burn.

Edited by InaraRedCloak

It kind of smells like a plum and strawberry lollipop. It's sweet and fruity while it's wet, and it feels fun. It's not heavy or serious. Once dry, it's a bit more smoky or maybe baked. Like instead of making baked apples someone baked some plums instead. It's lightly spiced and a little warm, but still feels uplifting and fun. I enjoy this quite a bit!

In the imp: Something in this smells familiar! I think it's milk and honey that I'm getting (and maybe some almond?), with some spice and plum in the background.

Wet: I do think there's milk and honey in this, and I think possibly a floral component. There are spices in this, but they are mild.

Dry: Milk and honey, spices, and a soft, white floral? The plum is present, but it is not a main player on my skin.

At least, it wasn't early in the dry stage. Now I'm getting a lot of honeyed plum, what I'm thinking could be lily, wood, and patchouli. It's really strong.

Verdict: I didn't mind Oya at first, but it ended up becoming far too plum-y for me.

Wet: Sticky, woodsy purple goo. Hard candies.

Is there a touch of cinnamon in here?

On drydown it goes more cherry-hard candies. Maybe a herb? Something slightly green.

Goes surprisingly soft after waiting for about 5 minutes. A touch of strawberry, including the previous mentioned notes.

Aaaaaaand then it's gone. My skin ate it. Huh.

Most peculiarly, I don't get any fruits from this, or flowers, and especially no plum. (That's too bad, because I love plum.)

All I get is bitter herbs. :cry2:

"Herbs" can go two ways with my skin chemistry, and sadly, this is the way to swaps.