BPAL Madness!
Scylla

Mi-Go Brain Canister

In an effort to create a pleasing environment during a surprise trip to Yuggoth, we have created a soothing yet stimulating blend of pink pepper, peony, jasmine, mango, kiwi, pomegranate, pineapple, white ginger, serene white tea and light musks. Bon voyage!

1/24/2012: Mi-Go Brain Canister

Previous scents: Dove deodorant.

In the bottle: What in the world. This is the most interesting mix between a floral and a fruity that I’ve ever smelled. Come to me. Right now.
Testing method: Knocked the bottle once against both wrists and rubbed together.

Immediately: I’ve smelled this before. I don’t know what the hell it is, but this just seems so familiar to me. It’s like hyacinth and mango both at once.

Fifteen minutes: This has become very, very floral over the years. I was expecting much more of the mango, kiwi, pomegranate, pineapple, but it feels like a lot of the ‘juice’ has been taken out of it. At the same time, it’s still very well-rounded by the ginger, tea, musk combination. I really like this, even though it’s especially complex.

One hour: This is a very tropical, lush, jungle-like floral. Unfortunately, I’m getting none of the fruit, which was my impetus for purchasing this, but I think it’s lurking in the background to make the flowers more juicy. Very strong, excellent throw. Interesting to smell how it’s aged.

Two hours: Way more fruity, but still very floral. And I can tell there’s musk in here too, but everything’s aged and blended together so beautifully that I count myself lucky to have found this.

Five hours: Sudden green tea and pomegranate throw. Interesting. I didn’t think this was strong enough to throw a yard from my covered wrists, but I guess I’m wrong.

Seven hours: I was convinced my cubiclemate had brewed a cup of green tea. I was wrong. The smell is exactly like sticking my nose in my canister of green loose-leaf tea. Wow.

Overall: Seems more summery, and a little bit goes a long way with this, but oh my gosh is it ever beautiful. I can see this becoming a signature scent for me – until it runs out!

DISCLAIMER: Due to differences in skin chemistry, inherent olfactory powers, and other scents that an individual might use throughout the day (i.e. scented deodorants, shampoos, room sprays, cooking odors), these oils will smell different on every individual. This review is only intended to illustrate my personal experience wearing it throughout the day.

ITB: It certainly is tropical. There is an overarching ester tone to the scent which masks many of the individual notes save for the peony.

Wet: I get peony, jasmine, pineapple (although artificial), pepper, and a touch of ginger. It's still overtly ester-y, which I don't really enjoy.

Dry: After an hour, it's a combination of jasmine, peony, mango, white tea, and a subtle hint of ginger. It's much nicer once dried.