BPAL Madness!
viciousviolet

Lilith

Mother of Demons, Vengeful Fury, Darkest Seductress, Queen of the Djinn, Goddess of the Gate. Red wine, myrrh, black musk, and attar of rose.

In the imp: The red wine note is the strongest note. The other notes are lingering in the background.

Wet: Red wine and black musk reign, with the black musk having a lemon-y quality to it at first, followed by the attar of rose. As it dries, the myrrh note begins to emerge. This is a sweet red wine, and I don't know if it is the combination of the red wine and the rose, or just the wine by itself, but it's sweeter than I had anticipated and reminds me of something that I can't quite pinpoint at the moment.

Dry: The black musk note is even stronger in the dry phase, but I'm still getting a lot of red wine to accompany it, and finally, the rose. The myrrh note is present as well, but I have to put my nose really close to my arm in order to smell it. It seems to be content with its background role.

The next morning, I woke up and could still smell this on my arm. At that point, it was mostly cuddly myrrh, like the type in Bastet, sweetened by the red wine note.

Verdict: I didn't think I would enjoy this, but it's a lot better than I thought it would be! II'm glad that I was able to try it and will see how often I reach for the imp.

It's a very potent red wine and black musk. It makes it smell like a wine that I would give second and third thoughts about trying. It smells positively wicked. I don't really get any rose or obvious myrrh, so it really is just a sinister smelling wine. It's not something I like, but on the right person this would be a major hit.

Red wine is not one of my favorite notes because, duh, it smells just like red wine. That being said, Lilith is my favorite of the red wine blends I have tried so far. I always love the myrrh-black musk combination, and to my nose there is something spicy in this blend that's not accounted for in the listed components. The rose almost turns sour on my skin, but not quite. It's actually very beautiful; it's just not something I would wear.