BPAL Madness!
ipb

Prague

For Jenny, with love. Crocus with snowdrop and three lilies.

Prague is a place I have always wanted to go.

Immediately out of the imp I like the scent and I discover as others have mentioned it is a delicate white floral, and I get just a hint of sweet fruitiness in the nanoseconds before Prague becomes white lillies with a hint of herbs.

But after about 20 minutes it begins a slow descent towards....Coppertone. No doubt about it :P

Time passes.

An hour later Prague is faint and slowly disappearing. This is a gentle and almost aquatic note, on me it does end up in the realm of shadows and water...I will enjoy my imp...

Well phoo.

In the bottle this is a very pretty, light floral blend.

On me: the light, sweet pretty floral notes are still there, but lighter, but there's also a bitter/slightly soapy note. Must remember to be suspicious of the notes in this in the future.

To the swapmobile, Robin!

I am shocked, shocked I tell you, to report how much I like this scent.

A frimp from the lab.

Imp: Fruity.

On me: Totally fruity, light, then vaguely creamy.

Verdict: :P This is a floral? I really like it :D

There goes my safe no floral rule out the window... :D

I've been playing with the Tarot of Prague recently, so I was especially interested in this scent, though the individual notes had me a bit worried. But I really like this blend. It's a deliciously light floral with a cool watery feeling, like a garden by a deep river or an ancient stone fountain. A beautiful perfume for summer and for days when I want to soothe my spirits in a quiet way.

This one didn't go soapy on me, which was a nice surprise, since that's what lillies usually do. This was a cool, pale floral scent. I found it to be calm, subtle, and elegant with a slight sweetness. Not particularly my style, but I like it.

First sniff: Prague is a cold floral – brand-new spring flowers shivering under an unexpected April snow.

Wearing: Flowers and snow and chill breezes. It’s ever so slightly aquatic, and sadly, goes soapy after just a few minutes.

This makes me think of Easter. A mouthful of juicy jellybeans and bouquets of spring flowers, all in one scent.

I actually like it. Most florals are too overpowering, but the juicyness helps to balance all of that out. Just sweet and.... pretty!

Prague

Floral. Watery and slightly fruity.

It smells a bit like one of the winter LE scents - like a Spring cousin of Skadi. There's a slight pine-y-ness to it, but it's a sweet, fruity pine (my thanks to the previous reviewers who identified the pine note - I was having trouble putting my finger on it).

This scent evokes an unusually cold morning in April. Easter service in a very formal church with grand, elaborate white flower arrangements and everyone wearing restrained, pale-colored wool and silk clothing. There's a promise of Spring in it, but if you look out the window, everything still looks slightly wintery - there are tiny tips of bright green on the edges of the trees, but the landscape is still covered in smoky browns and grays.

In the Bottle: Floral and a bit sweet

On Skin: A bit watery, slight floralness. There's still that sweet note.

On Drydown: A sweet floral. Like a sugar gilded lily floating on water.

Verdict: Pretty scent, like a young girl being rowed down a river. There is something very reminscent about Juliet but sweeter. Not me though. Too sweet.

I have no idea what crocus and snowdrop smell like, but this oil is just gorgeous. When I'm wearing it I get a lovely, light, fresh, cold floral scent. There's a backdrop of pine or something else deep and green to it, but the scent is mostly white or pale pink/purple flowers.

This is a very springy scent, reminiscent of when everything is melting. It is absolutely lovely, sopisticated, and perfect. I will be buying a big bottle.

So something really bad happened.

My mother spilled this all over herself when we were trying it.

I gave myself a break and went back to it. It smells very clean, almost like pine. It's very sharp to my nose. Once I get it on me, the lilies are so powerful I have to wash it off. Sadness.

In Bottle: Floral and green.

On Skin: The lilies are quite strong, very elegant smelling, they always remind me of weddings. The floral notes are crisp and wet, very fresh. It is so pretty and feminine. Normally I don’t like florals and even this one is a little heavy on me. I’d like to make it into a room spray so my house will smell like fresh cut flowers…

Wow, this is nice. Sweet, clean, refreshing, green, fruity. Very nice for spring I would think. :P

From the bottle: mmm. very soft, and sweet. the lillies smell wonderful. sensual. playful. mmm. i love it.

On me: it definately smells like a sweet city air, fresh in its own way. it's sweet, but done so every so subtly. slightly smokey but not much. SAGE! i can definitely smell sage.

Two hours later: very faint if nto at all completely gone.

When I first put this on, there was a sweet floral scent that reminded me of some of the notes in Pink Moon. But then almost immediately, it turned into horrible astringent soap. Mentally, I was writing this blend off, but then I went to a meeting and didn't get to smell my wrist for an hour and half -- when I smelled it again, it had gone back to a pleasant, sweet light floral that reminds me of Beltane in its dry-down phase. I'm not sure whether I need to keep this or not.

I bought this for the name since this is where my family is from. From the other reviews I expected something light, floral, and aquatic, maybe like Dirty or the Unicorn. What I got was quite different.

Once on my wrist, Prague is a sweet heavy floral, very lovely. It connotes an old European capital much better than a light floral would and to me connotes Prague's beautiful art nouveau architecture. Come to think of it, crocusses, when you get enough of them to sniff, do smell rather heavy and sweet. This scent is a wonderful evocation of the Prague Spring of '68.

Unfortunately, oh woe, one of the lilies goes soapy on me after an hour or so, pure white soap. This is my first experience with the dreaded soap smell. Late, late in the drydown it goes back to lovely again, but the soap will probably prevent me from buying a bottle of this. Still, I'm delighted to have tried it.

Prague is like early spring flowers under frost near a juniper grove. So pretty, and it's been perfect for warm days when I want a chilly floral at my wrists.

This is one that I'm going to consider buying a bottle of in the winter to have by the spring. It bears a resemblance to both Flower Moon and Beltane but has a certain frostiness to it that I really enjoy.

When I first put on Prague, it smelled oddly like grapefruit to me. Crisp and citrusy. The drydown is all lilies. Soapy, powdery headache in a bottle. I hadn't worn this for more than 10 minutes before that familiar throbbing started in my brain.

I'm not sure what it is about white florals that can induce a migraine so quickly... the floral seems so strong on me and just makes me ill. I can't handle it. My white floral loving friend was so happy when I gave this to her, she says it smells light, clean and crisp. She just can't wear it around me.

My impression:

While wet: This is gorgeous, totally fruity floral sweetness.

After drydown: faded so rapidly that only a small wisp remains.

Final anaylis: Needs 5x more throw to be a keeper.

My scale of 1-5....3.5

In the imp: Sweet fruity candy.

Wet on skin: still sweet, but not so candy-like.

Drydown: fruit-scented candle! ick!

Off to swaps with you, my dear.

In the bottle - A floral that is sweet and sharp at the same time, it reminds me of something that I can't quite put my finger on and it's very green.

Wet on me - A sharp green floral followed by a softer sweet powdery one, this stage has quite a perfumy feel to it.

Dry on me - It fades quite quickly, but on the whole is a soft sweet floral. I don't do floral, but if I did this would be my floral of choice.

Imp

My first impression ins a very dewy green floral.

Wet

This is a very novel floral scent. It is quite pretty, delicate, and feminine without being run of the mill. I can smell the lilies and the crocus. This smells like a freshly gathered handful of flowers, right while your hands are still wet from picking them in the early morning.

Dry

This dried down to baby diaper smell (that is unused baby diaper). What happened to the lily? Pout.

I bought this imp just because it was called Prague. I LOVE Prague. It's one of my favorite cities... Blind imp buying never ends well for me...

This starts out as a pleasant floral, but all florals go soapy on me :P

After this turned to soap, it began to smell like sunscreen... creamy, sorta rancid sunscreen.

*swap pile*

This starts off very fruity and then matures into a very sweet, non-fruity scent with an almost sharp, green undertone. It's very pretty but not something I could wear too often.

Count me in as another review from someone who's family roots are in what used to be Czechoslovakia. I *had* to order Prague. Oh how lovely it is! On me, it is quite light and faint, and it is clean and fresh with a wispy floral sweet scent. The crocus is lovely, as are the lilies. This is crafted beautifully and it is a pleasure to wear when you want something light for a change. Just beautiful! :P